Run thru that!

Help Support CattleToday:

Fence is nothing more than a mir suggestion to a bovine to stay put.
I had a Hereford bull that would plow through six strands two hots hotter than the hinges on the gates to hell.
Did it twice before becoming a Big Mac.
When he got ready to go visit the ladies fence meant nothing.
The one thing I have learned about a bovine the only true problem solver is a ride to the salebarn.
It's cheaper to buy a better cow.

I've got my doubts as to the usefullness of that bottom wire Murray. I don't like the wire close to the ground. My calves all hit the wires a bit further up. I don't like having my fences too good, I like having them so that if the calves go through them they can get back through when they get hungry enough. I used to stress a bit with calves going through fences but now I just leave then to get hungry enough.
But you've done a good job of it Murray.

Ken

Almost thought this was a new "three" word thread🤪🤪🤪

Hotwire MIGHT be overkill...🤔🤔
No way!!
I had a Hereford bull that would plow through six strands two hots hotter than the hinges on the gates to hell.
The one thing I have learned about a bovine the only true problem solver is a ride to the salebarn.
As you may know I had Big Sexy breaking in there. But that is not my intent to keep him out. Tho this will do for him!

My intent is to keep the new fresh released babies from running amuck! It never seemed to fail with the old 5 strands of hot, there would always be one or two run at full speed straight thru it!
I've got my doubts as to the usefullness of that bottom wire Murray. I don't like the wire close to the ground. My calves all hit the wires a bit further up. I don't like having my fences too good, I like having them so that if the calves go through them they can get back through when they get hungry enough. I used to stress a bit with calves going through fences but now I just leave then to get hungry enough.
But you've done a good job of it Murray.

Ken
I kinda giggled about the bottom wire as well! But I've seen more than enough wiggle under when they are freaked out.
Hey, MM! Can you please come up here and do all my crappy cross fences like that one? Except, yeah, leave the bottom wire off, so the doggies can still get through. I'll fix you lunch! :)
Oooo! I bet there will be cheese!!

This. There ain't been the wire laid never that can actually stop one that really wants to.

This takes care of your problem bull. If I haul the neighbor's POS they might get me for rustling.