Story behind your username?

Help Support CattleToday:

This is knickname my grandfather gave me many years ago. This was the day he gave me my first knife (Barlow - and I still got it) and let me help him square bale hay. He was a kind, gentle softspoken man who I think of whenever I cut hay.

This is hard to admit, but my mamma decided to name me Teal after soap opera actress in the "Edge of Night". Over the years, some people started calling me the Teal Duck jokingly. I liked it and it stuck. :p

Last name initial, and we have four kids. To 63DH8, I could have used 32170, but it wasn't as catchy as your name. (Bomb/Nav on B-52's)

NamVet_Farmer44":1al7z3dw said:
I reckon my username is pretty easy to understand...I'm a Vietnam veteran (NamVet), a farmer, and I was born in 1944

Is that you, Heritage_Farmboy? If so, it's good to have you back.

born2run":1rvrdfaf said:
Used to be an avid jogger. I used this nickname on any board I frequented that wasn't horse related, and figured it was better for here than using one of my mares' names. :p

And I thought you were a Bruce Springsteen fan!

GMN

I'm afraid I wasn't original either, when I signed up, I didn't realize this was going to be on here all the time, I could have come up with something alot better, related to the dairy business. As it is, these are my initials.

GMN

J. T. is the initials for my given name which when interpreted from the Southeast Asian dialect spoken in the area I was raised stands for "Jungle Tiger". I was raised in a litter of Sumatran tigers. This is a true story.

J. T.":2uxkolr8 said:
J. T. is the initials for my given name which when interpreted from the Southeast Asian dialect spoken in the area I was raised stands for "Jungle Tiger". I was raised in a litter of Sumatran tigers. This is a true story.

Do tell, I like tigers.

GMN

GMN":3gutcenb said:
J. T.":3gutcenb said:

Do tell, I like tigers.

GMN
So do I. So much in fact that Auburn was the natural choice for me to select as my institution of higher learning.

AngusLimoX":3pts635u said:
J. T.":3pts635u said:
I was raised in a litter of Sumatran tigers. This is a true story.

You were raised in kitty litter?

:lol: :lol:
I was raised in harsh jungle conditions until the age of 3 1/2 when I was taken from the jungle by Southern Baptist missionaries assigned to Sumatra.

J. T.":21nsjndl said:
AngusLimoX":21nsjndl said:
J. T.":21nsjndl said:

I was raised in harsh jungle conditions until the age of 3 1/2 when I was taken from the jungle by Southern Baptist missionaries assigned to Sumatra.

Betcha that made you wish for the jungle again! :lol:

You been sharing salad with Willie J.T.?

AngusLimoX":2xjo0l7n said:
J. T.":2xjo0l7n said:
AngusLimoX":2xjo0l7n said:
J. T.":2xjo0l7n said:

Betcha that made you wish for the jungle again! :lol:

You been sharing salad with Willie J.T.?
I longed for the jungle for a long time until I became a Sunbeam at the local Baptist church in a Sumatran village. No salad for me....I prefer red meat. It's all a part of being raised by a female tiger. Ever tasted tiger's milk? Nothing quite like it.

VanC":1xx7k9hs said:
NamVet_Farmer44":1xx7k9hs said:
I reckon my username is pretty easy to understand...I'm a Vietnam veteran (NamVet), a farmer, and I was born in 1944

Yeah, it's me...It's good to be back :)

Take care

NamVet_Farmer44":cvml0s1z said:
VanC":cvml0s1z said:
NamVet_Farmer44":cvml0s1z said:

Take care

Thought maybe that was you. Welcome back!

Alice

Alice":seho0q5o said:
NamVet_Farmer44":seho0q5o said:
VanC":seho0q5o said:
NamVet_Farmer44":seho0q5o said:

Take care

Thought maybe that was you. Welcome back!

Alice

Thanks for the welcome back :)

Take care

NamVet_Farmer44":12r484hj said:
VanC":12r484hj said:
NamVet_Farmer44":12r484hj said:

Take care

I'll ditto that welcome back, missed ya. ;-)

J. T.":1ko8nex7 said:

Sumatran Tigers are they like the Tamal Tigers of Sri Lanka??

chrisy":r18zp404 said:
J. T.":r18zp404 said:

Sumatran Tigers are they like the Tamal Tigers of Sri Lanka??
Hardly. The Sumatran Tiger is the smallest of the species of tiger left. They have very narrow stripes on a beautiful orange coat. At least that's how I remember them, but it's been over 40 years ago that I saw one in the wild when I was taken from them by the missionaries.

Latest posts