Your favourite rainy weekend day blockbuster to watch?

Help Support CattleToday:

preferred blockbuster to watch on a rainy weekend day?

• Jurassic Park

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Twister

• Braveheart

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Dances with wolves

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Titanic

• Apollo 13

• Independence day

• Forrest Gump

• Indianna Jones

• Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Lonesome Dove. I just recently bought the Lonesome Dove DVD because after series #3 they started charging pay fror veiw. They others 2 DVDs for sale as 'a set', they used different actors and strayed from the plot. No one can top Robert Deval or Ricky Lee jones. The book I read in the 1080s and is most awesome as seen in your own imagination.

Almost all the movies on TV and in theaters there days are total crap.
If were going to talk about TV shows..
Hill street blues/NYPD blue.. I like them both for different reasons, character development in HSB was amazing
Sopranos
The Wire
House MD
Harry's Law (2 season series, really good)
McHale's navy

And the absolute best series, especially if you're sick.. LOONEY TUNES!

Things have changed around here since the kids have all left the nest.
I wouldn't call her a block buster, because she's more entertaining.
I think I'm a lucky man. When I crawl out of bed at 2am and take my pillow with me, she knows I'm going stargazing.
The Perseid's are pitiful so far. I've seen a few blips and precisely one with a trail.

The humidity is terrible, but I managed to grab a piece of the sky. Turn all the lights out and let your eyes adjust.7895C3BB-C758-42E1-B2E5-37CAA469BC07.jpeg

This is probably as close as I get to TV anymore. We're between storms this early morning, so have some clear sky with frequent flashes of distant lightning.
I just watched our Heinz dog catch a rabbit right in front of the headlights. I never catch the good stuff with a camera.
8BD7BFA4-FED2-4413-BCC2-12C914092826.png

If were going to talk about TV shows..
Hill street blues/NYPD blue.. I like them both for different reasons, character development in HSB was amazing
Sopranos
The Wire
House MD
Harry's Law (2 season series, really good)
McHale's navy

And the absolute best series, especially if you're sick.. LOONEY TUNES!
Not seen any of those tv shows (not even seen breaking bad) but heard they are good, I'm currently finishing off 'The Vikings' which is a criminally underrrated violent but awesome look into viking life, their beliefs, and how they conquered britain and europe, discovered iceland with references to real viking people and historical events. It hasn't got dull in over sixty episodes currently they are warring amongst themselves as usual, some looking to abandon iceland, some defending kattegat and with some talking of discovering North America so should be interesting to see what happens there.

Not seen any of those tv shows (not even seen breaking bad) but heard they are good, I'm currently finishing off 'The Vikings' which is a criminally underrrated violent but awesome look into viking life, their beliefs, and how they conquered britain and europe, discovered iceland with references to real viking people and historical events. It hasn't got dull in over sixty episodes currently they are warring amongst themselves as usual, some looking to abandon iceland, some defending kattegat and with some talking of discovering North America so should be interesting to see what happens there.
If you liked 'The Vikings", you would also like "The Last Kingdom".

I am a "westerns" fan... like alot of what has been listed like Lonesome Dove, Dances with wolves, etc..
Occasionally some other stuff, just for a difference.
One real good book that was made into a movie and is very very true to the book is " Where the crawdads sing"... saw it at the drive in movie theatre just 15 miles from here.. It was surprisingly very well done... I am not much on books made into movies that stray from the real story in the book.

The best western movie ever...no, the best movie ever, period...is not on the list. The Outlaw Josie Wales. Coming in 2nd and 3rd are Tombstone and Quigley Down Under. Lonesome Dove is not a movie; it is a miniseries. It has been my favorite for decades, until 1883 came out. I like it as much, if not more than Lonesome Dove.

The best western movie ever...no, the best movie ever, period...is not on the list. The Outlaw Josie Wales. Coming in 2nd and 3rd are Tombstone and Quigley Down Under. Lonesome Dove is not a movie; it is a miniseries. It has been my favorite for decades, until 1883 came out. I like it as much, if not more than Lonesome Dove.

Good Tv shows are pre-80s, most black and white sitcoms are ok.
I'll watch a bad western before a new anything.
Office was good sitcom binging...
Movies we watch are usually 10-25 years old.
Superhero movies are good time passers.
We watched Hunger Games series last week.
This week is The Die Hard series.

How can Apollo 13 get 0 votes ?

the "Failure is not an option" was never said at the time, it was said later during an interview.

Western TV series? Old? you mean F-troop? LOL
A more recent one that unfortunately didn't get finished was Deadwood.. I really liked that one, great character development in it.
The Ranch was pretty funny, lots of hilarious one-liners, Sam Elliot makes anything good though

I really don't watch a lot of new stuff, I often wait until a show has run its course before I start..

A movie series I quite enjoyed was Jesse Stone (Tom Selleck)

I am a "westerns" fan... like alot of what has been listed like Lonesome Dove, Dances with wolves, etc..
Occasionally some other stuff, just for a difference.
One real good book that was made into a movie and is very very true to the book is " Where the crawdads sing"... saw it at the drive in movie theatre just 15 miles from here.. It was surprisingly very well done... I am not much on books made into movies that stray from the real story in the book.
Good to know. Where the Crawdads Sing was one of the best books I've read - loved it! And precisely why I was hesitant to see the movie.

Latest posts