Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

Our American Black Hereford Bulls.

Our Two Year Old

Our Three Year Old

Our Five Year Old

More of the Young Bull - Jo Black Jack 4217

frank boucher":2x523o9y said:
Pic of my balancer bull,coming 3 next spring.Had a rookie photographer(grandson)but at least he knew how to get it on here.
Reg#1281955.

That's good bull Frank.

Nice Bulls!!!! Vic, Jo, SoBlack, Frank & Everyone! Love those pics of the Black Herefs with the mountains in the background. Does a flatlander good! LOL! B&G

3waycross":t9n8zhl7 said:
USAxBrad":t9n8zhl7 said:
18 month SimAngus Bull just turned out on the fall herd.

he's long.........

Sorry new to this and all when it comes to bulls. I take it that him being long is not a good thing?

USAxBrad":1zf9wj9h said:
3waycross":1zf9wj9h said:
USAxBrad":1zf9wj9h said:
18 month SimAngus Bull just turned out on the fall herd.

he's long.........

Sorry new to this and all when it comes to bulls. I take it that him being long is not a good thing?

An old mentor of mine used to say " an inch taller is just an inch higher while an inch longer is an inch heavier". So ,long is good.

he's long.........[/quote]

Sorry new to this and all when it comes to bulls. I take it that him being long is not a good thing?[/quote]

No it's a good thing.

City Guy":sxeuiiy5 said:
IMHO He is not too long, just not deep enough.

Do you think he can still gain more depth in the coming year as he is only 18 months?

USAxBrad":284nu7cj said:
City Guy":284nu7cj said:
IMHO He is not too long, just not deep enough.

Do you think he can still gain more depth in the coming year as he is only 18 months?

I'd say he's as deep as he is going to get, but I could be wrong. Depth allows internal organs to grow to proper size and position; at 18 months that has already happened, right or wrong. Some one with some actual experience will be able to tell you more.

Okay thank you though for your help. Took some more pictures today. I bought him off Lucas ranch as a half blood. His EPDs were more than exceptional with his WW and YW being top 1% and CE being in the top 20% I was hoping he would throw some big nice commercial calves. His first crop won't start till Feb 15th, so we will wait and see but who knows.

Latest posts