Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":3q387kkc said:
Very nice Commercialfarmer!

Thanks Vic, it's been an exceptional year, so I keep that in back of my mind. But they have held condition better than I can remember young bulls going into the fall. I'm dreaming toward about 3 years from now and putting some continental influence on their fat heifers. When I think about it, I hear the commercial: BEEF. It's what's for dinner. :D

Commercialfarmer":3nykizad said:
3waycross":3nykizad said:
Very nice Commercialfarmer!

Thanks Vic, it's been an exceptional year, so I keep that in back of my mind. But they have held condition better than I can remember young bulls going into the fall. I'm dreaming toward about 3 years from now and putting some continental influence on their fat heifers. When I think about it, I hear the commercial: BEEF. It's what's for dinner. :D

I may have just the Continental Influence you need....and you're not that far away

Zach the Aubrac on his way to get a drink of water ... he's lost a little condition this summer due to us being way (!!) overstocked due to us losing our summer pasture lease two days before we were to move the herd. I think he's held up pretty well.

Zach_-_Sept_2016.jpg

WalnutCrest":a3pmmvwo said:
Zach the Aubrac on his way to get a drink of water ... he's lost a little condition this summer due to us being way (!!) overstocked due to us losing our summer pasture lease two days before we were to move the herd. I think he's held up pretty well.

Zach_-_Sept_2016.jpg
Can we have a better picture?

Bull is four.

Heifer is doing great --- she's due to calve her first calf in December (it'll be a heifer; pretty pumped about that!) ... and ... we implanted six of her embryos in June (only one took though) and have seven more queued up to implant next year (hopefully those will go better). The vet who helped us so much with her (very inexpensive!) prosthetic is trying to get me to start some sort of prosthetic business --- no way that's happening --- got too much going on!

Thanks for asking and thanks for the kind comments. Zach is part puppy dog ... super gentle.

WalnutCrest":hjteea0q said:
Bull is four.

Heifer is doing great --- she's due to calve her first calf in December (it'll be a heifer; pretty pumped about that!) ... and ... we implanted six of her embryos in June (only one took though) and have seven more queued up to implant next year (hopefully those will go better). The vet who helped us so much with her (very inexpensive!) prosthetic is trying to get me to start some sort of prosthetic business --- no way that's happening --- got too much going on!

Thanks for asking and thanks for the kind comments. Zach is part puppy dog ... super gentle.
Would like to see some new pics of the prosthetic. Do you have to remove it occasionally? If so, do you have to put her in an invertible squeeze chute?
The bull looks great. Have you collected him?

Lazy M":22cg5grv said:
WalnutCrest":22cg5grv said:
Bull is four.

Would like to see some new pics of the prosthetic. Do you have to remove it occasionally? If so, do you have to put her in an invertible squeeze chute?
The bull looks great. Have you collected him?

I'll try to see if I can get photos of it ... she (Begonia the heifer) lives with a family in Iowa with husband and wife (both vets) ... they're attending to her daily care. Yes, they remove and clean her stump regularly; generally she's in a head-catch and they just take it off, clean-away, and put it back on. She's used to the drill.

And, yes, we've collected Zach. He's a great bull and deserves to be used. He's so gentle I sometimes have difficulty getting him to move!

No longer have this bull, but I saw the thread and figured why not post the picture. Let me know what you think. I'm sorry it's not the best picture but it's the only one I have left.

One of my better bulls this year. 205 day weight 793. He and 5 others are on test at the Pot O Gold sale in Montrose Colorado. He is out of the KHR 47 bull. This picture was from the day after he was weaned

AMGV1342731

My herd bull for the last 2 years. Home bred and raised. this picture was taken after he had been with 26 cows for 3 months.

3waycross":19uax6ci said:

My herd bull for the last 2 years. Home bred and raised. this picture was taken after he had been with 26 cows for 3 months.
He ain't perfect but after your done with him I'd like to introduce him to some KY girls

Lazy M":hy6lekqh said:
3waycross":hy6lekqh said:

He ain't perfect but after your done with him I'd like to introduce him to some KY girls

He went to work for my Apache friend down by Dulce New Mexico a couple of months ago. It was hard to let him go but I just didn't have enough work for him and they love him. They are putting him on some cows out of his mothers 1/2 brother that I sold them a few years ago. Can't wait to see those calves.. My friend told me that the first year they used that bull their avg weights went up 40lbs a calf.

3waycross":1eogxuq1 said:

That is one BEEFY boy..... I bet you got a few more like that coming up too! Wish you were closer!

Lost our senior bull (pictured below) 10 days after going into the cow herd. Broke his stick... Luckily we had a third bull in with heifers, they just ended up joining the herd sooner.

Lazy M":2xfnfekk said:
3waycross":2xfnfekk said:

I hate that picture it makes him look post legged and he definitely wasn't. He had a near perfect set to his hocks.

Latest posts