Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

Oh, I haven't played in a while.....here is a young 22 month old bull that I bred and raised....he will see a little action here...

15698326_1250401568362842_192623623721429055_n.jpg

15697539_1248593855210280_8129753400844849387_n.jpg

I'm worried about Aaron's bulls.
They are so long, I'm afraid his cows will be plumb wore out before the back hooves see air.
Good ones' Aaron. Someday I want to come and see them. gs

plumber_greg":2euh3pgy said:
I'm worried about Aaron's bulls.
They are so long, I'm afraid his cows will be plumb wore out before the back hooves see air.
Good ones' Aaron. Someday I want to come and see them. gs

Your always more than welcome here, Greg.

Order buyer/auctioneer from Western Canada told me 20 years ago that the trait that will increase your dollars per calf the most, through the sales ring, is length. Adds a lot of lbs to any calf and buyers know that length means more carcass weight which means more money down the line. I took that advice, ran with it and never looked back. As long as they don't break apart across the back, there is no such thing as a bull that is 'too long' for me.

Some people believe that long-spined cattle are harder keeping cattle, but I have never had an issue in that respect - maybe if you made length your single trait for selection and forgot that cattle need rib and guts to go with that length.

Had a good friend of mine that also selected for length. Did it for 25 years, always kept his own heifers.
In my opinion, his calves got too "barrel looking", can't think of another word. They were good calves. He died before I got to see anymore generations of the calves. Would have been interesting to see his next genetic move on them.

elkwc":3l5ud1s1 said:
Jobulls":3l5ud1s1 said:
We had a picture taken of another of our Black Hereford herd bulls. Jo Empire Z631.

He appears to be a nice bull in that pic. A big improvement over many Black Herefords I've seen.

Agree, i think they rushed the launch and seriously hurt the image of the product early on. Should of held off a little longer and lead with something like this one.

Lot of nice looking beefy animals of various breeds in this thread. It's one of my favorite threads to scan.

4 year old SemAngus

2 year old Angus
19 month old Brahman. Was out checking this evening and took these.

Here is two we raised, both AI sired (and for sale).
This first bull is sired by Upgrade, and just turned a year old a few days ago. At just a year old, he weighed 1330 (today) and had a birth weight of 80 pounds. He is in the top 4% of the breed for weaning weight and ADG, and top 3% for yearling (you can see why). He comes from one of our top females, who is currently 8 years old and still cranking out a great one every year. These pictures were taken today after we bathed and poured both of our bulls.
2uhwqb6.jpg

5y7lvd.jpg

His rear (on the left)
wk476.jpg

Here is a link to his EPD's and pedigree: https://herdbook.org/simmapp/action/ani ... er=3099341

The other bull is an HPF Optimizer 3/4 blood bull, only a June and weighed 1005, and had a birth weight of 82 pounds. His dam is an Upgrade 3/4 blood female that does a great job every year. We plan on showing him until he is sold. He is in the top for weaning and yearling also.
https://herdbook.org/simmapp/action/ani ... er=3120507
301eon9.jpg

And because people wonder, we develop our bulls on pasture, with about 1.5% of bodyweight in a bull ration made by our mill to supplement. They are not fat!

Fire Sweep Ranch":f575o17q said:
Here is two we raised, both AI sired (and for sale).
This first bull is sired by Upgrade, and just turned a year old a few days ago. At just a year old, he weighed 1330 (today) and had a birth weight of 80 pounds. He is in the top 4% of the breed for weaning weight and ADG, and top 3% for yearling (you can see why). He comes from one of our top females, who is currently 8 years old and still cranking out a great one every year. These pictures were taken today after we bathed and poured both of our bulls.
2uhwqb6.jpg

5y7lvd.jpg

His rear (on the left)
wk476.jpg

Here is a link to his EPD's and pedigree: https://herdbook.org/simmapp/action/ani ... er=3099341

The other bull is an HPF Optimizer 3/4 blood bull, only a June and weighed 1005, and had a birth weight of 82 pounds. His dam is an Upgrade 3/4 blood female that does a great job every year. We plan on showing him until he is sold. He is in the top for weaning and yearling also.
https://herdbook.org/simmapp/action/ani ... er=3120507
301eon9.jpg

And because people wonder, we develop our bulls on pasture, with about 1.5% of bodyweight in a bull ration made by our mill to supplement. They are not fat!

Looks like 2 different bulls in the first two photos. The first photo looks like he is over conditioned, but good type. Second photo looks like he is a pasture bull with poor type. Video is the best way to sell bulls over the internet, the photos can ruin your sales unless you have the time to take 200 pics for the one perfect shot.

BG, I like your bull! What is his pedigree?

I already sold the Upgrade pictured bull above, he is going to Texas on Sunday.
Thanks for the input JW. I do have a video on him, I just did not post it here (did not want to appear to be selling bulls on CT, that is a no no).

Latest posts