Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

BRAFORDMAN":274ubi3g said:
Rico.jpg

LEgacy.jpg

Show off !!! :mrgreen: Awesome bulls Braford.... :!: :!:

Taurus":1ull7q05 said:
Now that's a real bull should looks like that at 14 months old!

Thanks Taurus.

wacocowboy":1ull7q05 said:
The more I see that bull EC the more I like him

Waco, I'd be lying if I said he wasn't growing on me. I came home from work one day and rolled right upon that pose. I just grabbed the camera, took two steps to the left of my vehicle, and snapped that photo. I'm interested to see what he'll look like when not chasing heifers and on good grass. I think he's growing on prayers right now, because I've seen much better pastures.

EC

If he looks good on bad pasture and working then he will look great on good grass and down time. You ever see any photos of Casey's bulls them dang things look like they live on dirt and still look good.

Dylan Biggs":3h97nlup said:
A 4 yr old bull home raised bull we use on heifers.

10387181_714224785293393_1310030241725750923_o.jpg
Nice...........Theres a certain satisfaction in raising your own bulls. Getting the right combination to get what you want takes a lot of time and observation. Anyone can go buy someone elses bull or buy tubes from bulls pick out of a magazine picture. But the real satisfaction is seeing what you've worked so hard for, pay off each year the weaning weight % go up and bigger paychecks... :D

cowgirl8":at8hxu2n said:
Nice...........Theres a certain satisfaction in raising your own bulls. Getting the right combination to get what you want takes a lot of time and observation. Anyone can go buy someone elses bull or buy tubes from bulls pick out of a magazine picture. But the real satisfaction is seeing what you've worked so hard for, pay off each year the weaning weight % go up and bigger paychecks... :D

Everyone has a starting point and at some point to be great, you have to buy great. Mediocre X mediocre is not the best recipe for success. Some have the eye and lack the resources. Others have the resources and lack the eye. Plenty of people lack both, and seemingly few possess both. If we didn't buy great, maybe it was our parents or grandparents before us. Whatever the means, I think we all appreciate being able to put our brand on an outstanding animal.

BRAFORDMAN those are some really handsome Brahman's you've got there! Haven't seen one of them in a long time. A friend of ours had one for years, and he was a really pretty grey with a nice calm temperament.

All in all, there have been some real good looking bulls posted here!

Katherine

Chuckie":214d1ehx said:
He is for sale now. Make a quick trip over there and check him out before he is gone! I think it is great that you are looking for better bulls.
He's nice, but if i take everyone's advice he sure wouldnt make my calves uniform.....We've worked hard getting our calves black and our cows black. If i went with a beefmaster i'd go black and not look back...lol

cowgirl8":254e0lfx said:
East Caney":254e0lfx said:

Recently posted, but I'll do it again...14 month old Beefmaster bull.
Did you just buy this bull or do you have him for sale?
http://texoma.craigslist.org/grd/4562487018.html

He's for sale. I explained in my post with heifers. He's related to 4 of 11 heifers he's breeding. When I purchased him (though I'd be glad to have raised him), I didn't really have the intention of using him. I intended to use a different bull, and he was just along to be fed with the other bull so I didn't experience a problem with a weaned bull calf being penned alone. Someone came through and bought the one I intended to use. This young bull kept developing into something I really liked, and so I used him as opposed to trying to find anything different. However, I don't want to keep breeding his 1/2 to 3/4 sisters to him, so I'm looking to move him. He does have genetics I love and a phenotype I like a lot, but I know I can find that again. Hopefully, I don't find myself full of regret when the calves hit the ground next Spring.

Uniformity isn't the only reason to not using a Beefmaster bull...you have cattle that are Brangus influenced and Simbra influenced. That was aimed at cowgirl8.

Latest posts