Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

I've posted these pics on the forum elsewhere already but since this is everyone's bull thread I'll repost mine. Would of liked to have taken new fresh up to date pics but it's just to hot.

Here is a couple pictures of our herdsire Juan (Juanada Rito 06X- 16741353) taken last year near the end of breeding season as he cruised the poolside...

And here he is singing songs to the girls...

I have him with about 45 old cows this year- and have a young bull we raised (Lazy Bar B Trackrunner #17506127) - sold as a calf- and liked so much we bought him back this year as a 2 year old out with another bunch of older cows and about a dozen heifers that are related to Juan... I don't have any pictures of him but will have to take some and post them next time I get to the pasture... He's with about a dozen heifers and some older cows...
Both bulls pack a ton of maternal genetics...

Our 2 year old herd bull. He is a frame score 3 and weighed 1505 lbs before he went in to breed the cows. He has bred all 20 of them in the first 21 days by the looks of it. I never saw anything come back into heat after he bred them. Will know for sure next spring. He was also clean-up for the 5 cows we AIed.
IMG_0654_zps8b30a46f.jpg

IMG_0558_zps15c1e8a6.jpg

Sorry for the ugly face in the first one, he was reaching up to get rid of the flies. PB angus, around 2 yrs old. How his calves are determine if he stays, he isn't exactly my favorite. I would like him to be longer, more meaty on his hindquarters, etc. I'm hoping as he matures he will show better potential.
GEDC0131800x600_zps93c9b742.jpg

GEDC0129800x600_zpsd5555cfa.jpg

Tried to post my new bull, but every time he's either 20 ft long or standing on his head.... 20 month old Occ Unlimited son...well he's on his ass now

Workinonit Farm":3qop97zy said:
Ned Jr....I like the looks of that guy!

This had been a fun thread. I'm really enjoying seeing all these bulls. There have been some really nice looking animals posted and a few "average" posted....which I like to see as well.

So far there haven't been any 'Demetrius' types! :lol2:

Katherine
I'm using one of his sons right now. Do you really think I would post a pic of him?? :lol:

Alacowman...he doesn't look bad at all! I like those brands, interesting. I've not seen brands like that, where they're on the hip and barrel.

Katherine

Bull from way back... When I still raised purebreds.

Lachlan- Purebred Highland, was a LONG winter that year...
lachlan_by_minotaur_queen-d6msbj9.jpg

Midtncattle, those pictures are of the same bull. One is when he first got here, and the other is after he started shoving clover down his face. He took Grit's place this last winter after his sperm developed droplets behind the heads. For an old bull, his sperm had great mobility at 75%, it just couldn't penetrate the egg with the droplet. I hated to send him off.
Thanks Midtncattle!

I had a big old post with all our old bulls, and then my computer crashed and lost the post.. and been too hot and busy to post it up again.. here goes the second try

Here's HiValley Timeline 5Z, aka Timo, a Limousin, our current bull... don't know what his calves are going to be like yet, but have high hopes
20140617_100455_zps10a9a2d1.jpg

Arnold, a Gelbvieh that was certainly the best we've had yet... Awesome pose too :)
IMG_7278-crop.jpg

A homeraised 3/4 Shorthorn, we're eating him now, he's really good too.. he just didn't really look like what we were hoping for
IMG_7281-crop.jpg

Another homeraised Gelbvieh SH cross, he's working at my friends place and doing well, a year old in the pic, I'll get another one at 2 years old in a couple weeks, and of his calves
IMG_9105_zps4c12def4.jpg

oops, wasn't finished..

Homeraised bull from last year, didn't pass his BSE this spring due to a bent pecker... I think he's the best looking we've raised yet
IMG_9173_zps5d064d9a.jpg

our second SH bull we had... NASTY piece of work.. when we shipped him to the sale barn 6 years ago, he just about demolished the place... you know it's bad when the handlers there remember your bull and they see several thousand animals a week!
IMG_3115.jpg

And lastly, our first SH bull, we had him for quite a while and had some good daughters from him. Not the best picture, but heck, it was 10 years ago at least.
IMG_0034.jpg

Two last year borned bulls. 1st is 10 months old. 2nd is 14 months old.
2014_07130056.JPG

2014_07130052.JPG

And here's a pure Limousine bull, called Micky, which we use for the second season in the herd. 2,5 years old.
2014_07130041.JPG

I'll just photo bomb the deal start with current bulls and go back through history. I really thought I had more than this but here's a sampling.

SAV Brave son
D8B0D220-C1E5-4936-9492-C4D5D66653EB_zpsnmf47swg.jpg

SAV Heavy Hitter terminal bull we have
238C6CA2-20A7-4B06-ADB8-EB13A09623C4_zps88zv8ghk.jpg

SAV Mustang at turn out
444932BD-A320-4985-A210-96C2166FC0DB_zps19kqibhi.jpg

OCC Magnitude son
2013-06-30_10-57-16_143_zpsdad86483.jpg

Lucy Boy grandson
25.jpg

OCC Emblazon son
100_1216.jpg