Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

Big Cheese":3d8lcr69 said:
Look we don't pull our bulls like y'all do. Our bulls are in pasture year round and breed year round. We dont put our bulls in a pen by their selves and feed them. These are the highest quality Charolais bulls that are from the top notch breeders in our state.

My bull never comes off cows for 365 days a year when I finish with him he is leased to the neighbor when he finishes he goes
to another.
A bull needs nuts, gut's and butts yours aint got it son.
A bad cow hurts a bad bull is a disaster. Not pulling your bull is a poor excuse for poor quality bull.
This is a bull on cows year around.

This boy I sold is on about 70 year around.

I am through
Can't help him.
Nuff said.

M-5":2kjenpcs said:
Gary, IMO its a wild azz guess at this point. He has potential. You do your part and he does his you may get what you want.
I agree. Hard to know for sure at that age. I like that your BMs are pretty clean in the navel!

trace1.jpg

trace.jpg

trace2.jpg

the last 3 are the calf i posted earlier about a month ago or so..maybe a little more...
have at it kids..its the internet[/quote]

Much better pictures that represent him well. Good luck with him.
I've mentioned before, His sire is a nice looking Bull.

thanks..yeah its the first time i ever kept one of my own for a herd bull. be nice to see how it works out

its the dang waitin that kills me

I'm done here y'all obviously don't know anything about good bulls. CB you already know we don't get along but your bulls do look really good. There's nothing wrong with our bulls. They just came off a really hard winter and I promise you they did not go hungry during that time. They had all the hay they wanted to eat at all times.

I can make any bull look like junk doesn't matter the breed. I don't see any thing wrong with the structure of the one char bull can't see enough of the other one to tell much about him. Char bull is gonna need more to eat than a longhorn cow.

Most of us know one heck of a lot more about bulls than you do. Like I said I posted two different bull here a while back. Both coming two years old both wintered on grass and a round bale of hay each.

f8b6e580bda6b6483e478eca4a0afea8.jpg

Just for fun, here is something we got from some friends of ours last year. He is about 14 months old in the picture, which I took last month. Got him right after they weaned and developed him with our Brangus bulls that are the same age. He was gaining 6#/day for a couple months, and then leveled off to 4.5#/day. We are really excited about using him and his half brother in the fall to make some super baldies.

ricebeltrancher":bwg0snwd said:

Just for fun, here is something we got from some friends of ours last year. He is about 14 months old in the picture, which I took last month. Got him right after they weaned and developed him with our Brangus bulls that are the same age. He was gaining 6#/day for a couple months, and then leveled off to 4.5#/day. We are really excited about using him and his half brother in the fall to make some super baldies.

that pic and your screen name go good together. he looks like hes standing in a rice patty

ricebeltrancher":1qj11vc0 said:

If you get tired of him let me know. Especially if he likes Brangus cows.

This is my Beefmaster bull at 2 years 5 months

This is his youngest daughter born on Feb. 14th. She sure does like my 4wheeler and will lick me too has sandpaper for a tongue. I keep telling her she needs to shed or she is going to burn up in the summer.

The oldest bull calf he was 2 months old when I took this photo

Big Cheese":17xi7hdg said:
I'm done here y'all obviously don't know anything about good bulls.

I have been sitting back watching and observing some of the things you say BC at times you have gave bad information and then stated well you are young and are in business with your family. DMF knows cattle and he is young. These guys here know bulls and some have been dealing with bulls before you and I were born. I wouldn't dare tell anyone of them they do not know a quality bull. I haven't had the greatest relationship with CB however I am man enough to admit the man knows his stuff when it comes to bulls as does many on this board. We were all young dumb and full of ... before and with age you will learn sometimes its best to sit back listen and learn something from someone whos already made those mistakes or if you are hard headed then you will make the mistakes and think back later I should have listened. I have had nice bulls out of the sale barns did everything I needed it to do I have had registered trash. Genetics do not mean every animal will be of quality nature. I think that's the biggest thing I would like to say to you is that these guys are truly trying to help you but you are taking it way personal. I won't this post to continue for a long time and not have bickering. :2cents:

dieselbeef":28n8hvoc said:
that pic and your screen name go good together. he looks like hes standing in a rice patty

No joke! Most of our place is old rice fields, so it takes a loooong time for the water to go away. If the ground is saturated, it can look like that after an inch. That particular day we got 4.5". Rain in the forecast until next Friday. :bang: Calving has been rough.

Big Cheese":1sy11by8 said:
I'm done here y'all obviously don't know anything about good bulls. CB you already know we don't get along but your bulls do look really good. There's nothing wrong with our bulls. They just came off a really hard winter and I promise you they did not go hungry during that time. They had all the hay they wanted to eat at all times.

You may be young, but it didn't take you long to figure me out.

Big Cheese":3vucxtkk said:
They just came off a really hard winter and I promise you they did not go hungry during that time. They had all the hay they wanted to eat at all times.

B.C. you can give cattle tons and tons of hay but if its not good hay they need supplements to go with the hay. That being said I had issues with that as I have NEVER tested hay before but learned what I need to do here to improve my cattle's conditioning over rough winters here on this site. Just because you give them a lot doesn't make it good stuff.. Just like just cause it has a set of balls doesn't make it a good bull.

Latest posts