Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

Y'all obviously put way to much into how big the bull is. You cant have a bull that's so big that he can't hardly walk which is obviously how y'all think they are suppose to look because the Mr president son bull is a pretty big bull and y'all are downgrading him. These bulls have been working and are in great shape...looks like every bull around my area and that is MANY different breeds (Brangus, Angus, Hereford, etc.). That is how bulls look when they run year round. Some of y'all obviously didn't read the information I typed under the pictures and you would know that only the 2 Charolais bulls plus another that I haven't taken a picture of yet are on our place and you would know the history behind the others. Y'all can talk bad about my Longhorns i expect that but when you talk bad about my bulls that makes me wonder what y'all really know about cattle. Those bulls came from some of the best breeders in our state and have some of the best bloodlines that Charolais can have.

On another note....that is a nice bull Supa Dexta. i bet you got some good calves out of him.

Big Cheese":10z6in92 said:
AllForage":10z6in92 said:
I hope somebody can post some better Charolais.

If you think there is something wrong with our Charolais bulls then you obviously don't know what a good bull looks like.

Look at the Charolais Bulls recently posted by JWBrahman and Supa Dexta. Compare yours to those two.
You and I do have a lot in common as far as fencing (joking). Best of luck with your cattle.

These bulls have been working and are in great shape...
BC they don't have to be "fat". They do need to have "a natural" muscle definition and thickness to them. Which comes with genetics, not feed. I am not knocking your bulls, just saying to look around at some other "well bred" bulls and compare for yourself.

Our bulls have great genetics. One is a son of Mr President and the other which I haven't taken a picture of yet is a grandson of Wyoming wind. Those are two great bloodlines. The third like a said is not registered but came from registered stock don't know his bloodline. I did also say that he is leaner and taller then our other Charolais' that we have. All three of them do have great muscle definition and their calves also have great muscle definition.

I probably went overboard with my little rant a second ago but a guy can only take so much of people downgrading his cattle. I apologize to you guys I don't usually let things get under my skin. I do think that y'all jumped to conclusions on my bulls that wasn't accurate.

a guy can only take so much of people downgrading his cattle.
I understand. But if you ask for an opinion, how would you like for people to respond? Give you their honest thoughts, or just ignore the question?
You are brave to put your bulls out there for comments.

BC you asked for opinions people told you the truth. No one has any malice in their
Comments. If you like them that's all that really matters but if you really compare these bulls you should see it. Quality Bull breeders cut more full blooded calves than they sell as breeders from what ive seen . just because they have a pedigree does not mean they deserve to have nuts

Big Cheese":cxadt55c said:
Our bulls have great genetics. One is a son of Mr President and the other which I haven't taken a picture of yet is a grandson of Wyoming wind. Those are two great bloodlines. The third like a said is not registered but came from registered stock don't know his bloodline. I did also say that he is leaner and taller then our other Charolais' that we have. All three of them do have great muscle definition and their calves also have great muscle definition.

I probably went overboard with my little rant a second ago but a guy can only take so much of people downgrading his cattle. I apologize to you guys I don't usually let things get under my skin. I do think that y'all jumped to conclusions on my bulls that wasn't accurate.

Genetics don't mean squat if the offspring are junk. There are bulls in our breed that were bought for tens of thousands that I will never use, and we've culled everything we've ever bought that was out of a Summit cow. Even great ones throw junk, some more than most! Heat Wave is inarguably the most famous and influential club calf bull to ever live, and his calves were either great or terrible.

Like everyone else said, if you can't take criticism then don't post pictures! When I first started posting pictures on here I was pretty proud of our stuff too. Looking back, I don't know what I was thinking. Some posters were nice, others weren't. Learn from it. Don't post pictures of thin bulls and expect people to say how great they are. Our bulls are thin right now, too, but I'm sure as heck not going to put a picture up here until they aren't! My personal opinion on Charolais is: if they don't have a huge butt and aren't going to throw mostly #1's, there's no reason to use one. I hate thin butted, sorry Charolais more than a red, painted up Beefmaster on rainbow cattle. The third bull is terrible, the mongrel is a mongrel, and the registered bull would probably look ok if he had more condition. :2cents:

bullcow.jpg

oldie_but_goody.jpg

trace1.jpg

trace.jpg

trace2.jpg

the first 2 are the old bull

the last 3 are the calf i posted earlier about a month ago or so..maybe a little more...
have at it kids..its the internet

Dang, the crowd is more vicious than a pack of rabid pitbulls. My opinion on BC's charolais bulls....well I've seen worst charolais bulls than his bulls. Remember, not all folks started the cattle business with highest quality cattle.

Look we don't pull our bulls like y'all do. Our bulls are in pasture year round and breed year round. We dont put our bulls in a pen by their selves and feed them. These are the highest quality Charolais bulls that are from the top notch breeders in our state.

Big Cheese":ptpamu7r said:
Look we don't pull our bulls like y'all do. Our bulls are in pasture year round and breed year round. We dont put our bulls in a pen by their selves and feed them. These are the highest quality Charolais bulls that are from the top notch breeders in our state.
This is where you're losing everyone, or where everyone is losing you. Just because an animal has a good pedigree, doesn't make it high quality. Quality is based on the animal itself, at least to me.
And not all bulls need to be fed to stay conditioned. Here are a couple pics of my last bull that I've posted before. I don't think he ever spent a day of his life separated from the cows. Granted, he didn't have to work as hard at my place as he did his previous home, but he never got a bit of feed.

DSC05727_zpsb5dd383e.jpg

DSC05729_zps6fdd5410.jpg

DSC05746_zps97e7b227.jpg

I don't know how long BC has had the Char bulls. I do no where one of them came from. Till that bull met BC he hadn't missed any feed. Two coming two year old bulls wintered on grass and didn't get the first of two bales of hay until Feb. Pictures of both of them on here.

Good looking bull Magis....what time of year was that? Our bulls just went through a very hard wet winter and when there was green grass everywhere they looked like that. The green grass is just starting to come up here.

Red Bull Breeder":3u7s7t0m said:
I don't know how long BC has had the Char bulls. I do no where one of them came from. Till that bull met BC he hadn't missed any feed. Two coming two year old bulls wintered on grass and didn't get the first of two bales of hay until Feb. Pictures of both of them on here.

I havent posted the picture of that bull yet RedBull

Latest posts