Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":21jw5sh2 said:
BC I am going to give you one last piece of advice from a Crusty old man.
You think you are being picked on and are taking things personal .
You are a young man and I think it is fantastic for young people to get in this business as the average age of a cattleman
in Texas today is 60+.
Their are a lot of personalities on this board and everyone of them is welcome to sit at my table
and eat.
You are Pasture Blind and it is going to ruin you.
This is the part I hate the most we have enough battles to fight in this business to survive,you are fighting all
of them as well as yourself.
By the pictures you posted your pastures need a lot of work no other way to put it.
You get back what you put in take care of the pasture and it will take care of you.
This is about being a grass farmer and converting grass to cash using a bovine that will mash the scales bringing a premium.
When you drive down the road in your area and see superior cattle you need to stop and ask what is that person
doing different from me.
Because he is the getting top dollar for his calves and what you get docked the order buyers are putting your money in his pocket. .

Our pastures are fine CB...it rain, iced, sleeted and snowed for 3 weeks the last two weeks of Feb and the first week of March. That pushed our spring grass back a couple of weeks for where they should be we know this. They are coming along however finally drying out and green grass is everywhere and have great weather forecast for the next week or so so it should start shooting up.

Since some of y'all talked bad about keeping our F1s for replacement obviously don't know why my family got in the Longhorn business and the benefits of keeping the Charolais Longhorn cross heifers as replacements. You get the toughness of the Longhorn and the muscle of the Charolais in one cow and their calves will be 3/4 beef and 1/4 Longhorn. You won't miss a beat at the sale...our mentor has been doing it for 20 years and has over 600 momma cows. We have one on our place that way now and if any of you guys have been keeping up with the Longhorn Cross thread you have seen this calf. The momma was bred when we bought her as a heifer last year. We took 4 late calves to the sell yesterday and he was one of them. This is him about 2 months ago I believe....as you can see he is pretty marked up and probably a Black Angus sired calf.

When we sold him he weighed 450 pounds and brought $2.50......thats $1125. That's pretty good for a piece of trash Charolais Longhorn cow (as someone stated earlier in this thread) as a heifer taking her calf through one of the hardest winters that we have had for a long time. As some people know our process is a good process it just takes time.

I'm not upset with you guys. I'm here to learn and I take everything into consideration good or bad or even if i think you guys are wrong. I'll say it again though there is nothing wrong with our bulls and those pictures don't do them justice. The Mr President son picture I took during Feb. Our bulls will be just a big as y'all want them to be in about a month when that grass is in full force.

This subject is over I'm not talking about it anymore.

Boggz_Sale.jpeg

This is a 4 1/2 year old bull that we raised. He was a twin. Here he is while out on cows last summer.

HH_77-2_Sale.jpeg

This is a 3 year old we bought last year to go on some heifers. The jury is still out on him. He is sired by Stone Cold

Lux.jpeg

This is a long yearling that we raised. He is an AI calf sired by Hatchet, and out of a Synergy daughter.

ROHO.jpg

This is the sire of the first bull. We had to ship him last spring due to an injury. Wish we could have collected him before then. Was a heck of a bull.

This subject is over I'm not talking about it anymore.[/quote]

Well like they say DENIAL ain't just a river in Africa.

Can we just lie to BC and tell him his cattle are superior so the nonsense will stop and this good post goes on. B.C. Can you please make a post of your own about why your bull is great and let this post continue without the :bs:

I don't want y'all to lie to me i've already seen what y'all think. I'm just going to drop the subject and continue on your the one thats bringing it back up.

And I know my cows aren't superior....I know how people feel about Longhorns. Y'all will see come October how our Charolais calves look and you will see why are bulls are good bulls.

Big Cheese":2hytuo5e said:
And I know my cows aren't superior....I know how people feel about Longhorns. Y'all will see come October how our Charolais calves look and you will see why are bulls are good bulls.

Please do big cheese, I know I will have a hard time sleeping and be on the edge of my seat til then!!!

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

ricebeltrancher":o2hfw4yr said:
We tried hand feeding for a couple of years, but got a sour taste in our mouths after we lost 2 bulls in a week to different, but definitely feed related issues. They were getting about 2-2.25% of their bodyweight a day, plus hay and grass, and were doing around 2-3#/day.

Could you expound on that underlined part a little please?
Bloat--acidosis?
(I hate learning from other people's misfortune, but I have found it's a lot less expensive for me)

Muddy":2kp3ae4b said:
What is wrong with you folks?

For me it a bit of a relief to see folks being a little more honest and critical of stock posted here. I sure got tired of folks blowing smoke up others azz when they posted a pic of a POS cow, bull or calf. They best way to learn is by growing a very thick skin, shut up and listen and look at what other knowledgeable people are saying.

Alan":1my8911a said:
Muddy":1my8911a said:
What is wrong with you folks?

For me it a bit of a relief to see folks being a little more honest and critical of stock posted here. I sure got tired of folks blowing smoke up others azz when they posted a pic of a POS cow, bull or calf. They best way to learn is by growing a very thick skin, shut up and listen and look at what other knowledgeable people are saying.

I hope we make him so mad with the truth that he tries to beat us all.
That helps everyone of us.

Latest posts