Serious Social Question: Is "White Trash" the same thing as the N word?

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":1dutr3ow said:
You dad sounds like an upstanding Capitalist.

You should be proud.

Dad died at 92 never voted republican he felt that they stacked the deck and would not let the small producer produce and put every obstacle in the way. He was the type of person who you could put on a rock pile and he would find a market for the rocks. When he died he had a net worth of over 5 million. But that is not how every one measured him. The down and out knew he would help them out no strings attached. He said money was there to make money with and he new how. He and my mother both had an eighth grade education but never quit learning. I guess I learned my persistence from him. I still learn something every day. Nearly to the place my Dad was and I am only 76.

True Grit Farms":30pr9x0e said:
My POS white trash neighbors won't even come and pick out of the garden. My wife picks vegetables for them and then drops them at their gate. There's some really sorry folks in this country.

Your wife is a better human being than I am. If you're too lazy to pick free food, you're too lazy to eat.

greybeard":ofdwozq4 said:
I suppose we will always have the poor among us.

There are a couple of sayings my wife and I use a lot when discussing people:
1) You can't save people from themselves.
2) Poor people make decisions to keep themselves poor. There are exceptions to the rule, but when I see a guy driving a 1998 Dodge Neon at 85 in a 65, smoking a cigarette and drinking a Rockstar, I know that's a person that will never get past that station in life. So I then refer to saying #1. :bang:

Some people are destined to be poor/ignorant/trash/etc. It's life.

Bestoutwest":5x4xwsrw said:
True Grit Farms":5x4xwsrw said:
My POS white trash neighbors won't even come and pick out of the garden. My wife picks vegetables for them and then drops them at their gate. There's some really sorry folks in this country.

Your wife is a better human being than I am. If you're too lazy to pick free food, you're too lazy to eat.

When the Creator gives any one a chance to do a good deed they should take it. Your wife will be rewarded for doing this by respect and admiration from others in the community. When a hand is extended to the ones that need a hand you will not be pulled into the situation the others are in and some of the family might be pulled up and go for making a life for themselves that is productive.

Caustic Burno":2igm5ic0 said:
inyati13":2igm5ic0 said:
This is what I got when I Googled Southern States

24o3tw3.png
Guess it depends on what criteria they are using if I remember my history right WV spilt off from Viginia to fight for the north. Maryland fought for the north but federal troops gunned down pro southern civilians in Baltimore as it was divided on allegiance as well.

Historians refer to South, Northern South, Periphiral South and Deep South.
La, Miss, Al, Ga, S. Carolina are always part of 'deep south'. Sometimes they include Arkansas or Tenn but never Va, N.C. or Ky as part of deep south. Only extreme E. Texas is considered to be part of Deep South. If your state waited until after Ft Sumpter shooting started to leave the union, you aren't part of the deep south. If you do most of your grocery shopping at Piggly Wiggly or Winn Dixie, and think that the way to deal with poverty and mental illness is a bullet behind the ear, you're probably part of the deep south. :hide:

I don't know where West Bygawd falls.

Bestoutwest":2648eaxh said:
greybeard":2648eaxh said:
I suppose we will always have the poor among us.

There are a couple of sayings my wife and I use a lot when discussing people:
1) You can't save people from themselves.
2) Poor people make decisions to keep themselves poor. There are exceptions to the rule, but when I see a guy driving a 1998 Dodge Neon at 85 in a 65, smoking a cigarette and drinking a Rockstar, I know that's a person that will never get past that station in life. So I then refer to saying #1. :bang:

Some people are destined to be poor/ignorant/trash/etc. It's life.
I call :bs: .
A pos Dodge Neon won't do 85. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

inyati13":33xv7v0k said:
CB and TB. This is not the time and place to get personal. Our time to spend together is short. Let's look for those things that connect us. I have found one that both of you have missed. The abbreviations for both of you ends in a "B". The Good Lord wants you two brothers to love each other. Can I get an Amen?

Amen Brother and we are brothers. But we enjoy a bit of BSing each other from time to time too. It's been boring around here to long anyway and CB can't go outside and do anything. His tractor is up to the frame in mud. :lol: :lol: :lol:

greybeard":3b03z0s6 said:
Caustic Burno":3b03z0s6 said:
inyati13":3b03z0s6 said:
This is what I got when I Googled Southern States

24o3tw3.png
Guess it depends on what criteria they are using if I remember my history right WV spilt off from Viginia to fight for the north. Maryland fought for the north but federal troops gunned down pro southern civilians in Baltimore as it was divided on allegiance as well.

Historians refer to South, Northern South, Periphiral South and Deep South.
La, Miss, Al, Ga, S. Carolina are always part of 'deep south'. Sometimes they include Arkansas or Tenn but never Va, N.C. or Ky as part of deep south. Only extreme E. Texas is considered to be part of Deep South. If your state waited until after Ft Sumpter shooting started to leave the union, you aren't part of the deep south. If you do most of your grocery shopping at Piggly Wiggly or Winn Dixie, and think that the way to deal with poverty and mental illness is a bullet behind the ear, you're probably part of the deep south. :hide:

I don't know where West Bygawd falls.

Only East Texas was really settled until the mid 1870's the Comanche delayed any real settlement of central Texas for four hundred years.

Caustic Burno":6kocq6ow said:
Only East Texas was really settled until the mid 1870's the Comanche delayed any real settlement of central Texas for four hundred years.
One of the qualifiers for 'Deep South' designation was cotton. I never saw a whole lot of it growing where rain wasn't pretty plentiful and never saw a lot growing on the side of a hill in central Texas anyway, tho I do remember seeing miles and miles of it out in dry land farming around sweetwater in Nolan county in the 50s early sixties.

TexasBred":2kiier1h said:
Caustic Burno":2kiier1h said:
Ain't donit I got it out couldn't say that till about noon yesterday

Figured this heat you folks would be drying out some by now.Gettin' dry out here

7 foot brown Johnson Grass had made me nervous. Wet spring pushed everything high. Cedar trees are just waiting to spontaneously combust.

Springs are still flowing the creek beds. Haven't seen that for a few years.

M-5":1s8l33o5 said:
TexasBred":1s8l33o5 said:
M-5":1s8l33o5 said:
TB , Your a Foreigner ????

Apparently viewed as one by some but have lived here since just before I turned 6. My dad was born and raised here though.
with your comment I thought you might have been from California or something .
Come on fella, give a man a break.

greybeard":k9nt9uk5 said:
Caustic Burno":k9nt9uk5 said:
One of the qualifiers for 'Deep South' designation was cotton. I never saw a whole lot of it growing where rain wasn't pretty plentiful and never saw a lot growing on the side of a hill in central Texas anyway, tho I do remember seeing miles and miles of it out in dry land farming around sweetwater in Nolan county in the 50s early sixties.

First time I went to San Angelo cotton was the last thing I expected to see, there was miles of it.

True Grit Farms":1ieb9trx said:

Preface: serious question, not just for Grit but for anyone. This is one I cannot answer because of my limitations regarding immortal existence.

Does you-know-who love these POS people? How could he? TT said I am a bleeding heart. Truth is, I don't love them.

inyati13":1cxau6h4 said:
True Grit Farms":1cxau6h4 said:

Preface: serious question, not just for Grit but for anyone. This is one I cannot answer because of my limitations regarding immortal existence.

Does you-know-who love these POS people? How could he? TT said I am a bleeding heart. Truth is, I don't love them.

Well you can pick your friends but your stuck with your family. And I'm fairly certain that the dumocrats love them also.
Hopefully we'll never know how those type of folks think. The woman of the house called my wife crying that her
cracked head - meth head daughter went to Tennessee with some guy and left her kids at the house with her.
Probably the best thing that could of happened to the kids, and grandma isn't happy.

True Grit Farms":31ir1xr8 said:
inyati13":31ir1xr8 said:
True Grit Farms":31ir1xr8 said:

Well you can pick your friends but your stuck with your family. And I'm fairly certain that the dumocrats love them also.
Hopefully we'll never know how those type of folks think. The woman of the house called my wife crying that her
cracked head - meth head daughter went to Tennessee with some guy and left her kids at the house with her.
Probably the best thing that could of happened to the kids, and grandma isn't happy.

Grit, good response. My question was rhetorical! We all know humans are flawed. Probably no worse today than they were a million years ago. Of course, back then they could not travel as far but some probably left their kids and went to the neighbor's cave.

Latest posts