Serious Social Question: Is "White Trash" the same thing as the N word?

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13":26rvfzu5 said:
True Grit Farms":26rvfzu5 said:
My POS white trash neighbors won't even come and pick out of the garden. My wife picks vegetables for them and then drops them at their gate. There's some really sorry folks in this country.

Preface: serious question, not just for Grit but for anyone. This is one I cannot answer because of my limitations regarding immortal existence.

Does you-know-who love these POS people?

Really difficult to answer that without upsetting the someone that watches over us here at CT and I'm not talking about that deity we aren't allowed to speak of. Short answer is yes, according to everything I have ever read, and I've read a lot. Never once read that 'he we cannot speak of' said "them poor people are probably lazy" but have sure seen & heard lots of self righteous folks say it. Maybe they're all lots slimmer than a camel.

greybeard":w16uori5 said:
inyati13":w16uori5 said:
True Grit Farms":w16uori5 said:
My POS white trash neighbors won't even come and pick out of the garden. My wife picks vegetables for them and then drops them at their gate. There's some really sorry folks in this country.

Preface: serious question, not just for Grit but for anyone. This is one I cannot answer because of my limitations regarding immortal existence.

Really difficult to answer that without upsetting the someone that watches over us here at CT and I'm not talking about that deity we aren't allowed to speak of. Short answer is yes, according to everything I have ever read, and I've read a lot. Never once read that 'he we cannot speak of' said "them poor people are probably lazy" but have sure seen & heard lots of self righteous folks say it. Maybe they're all lots slimmer than a camel.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking.

inyati13":1okz9hbs said:
True Grit Farms":1okz9hbs said:
inyati13":1okz9hbs said:

Does you-know-who love these POS people? How could he? TT said I am a bleeding heart. Truth is, I don't love them.

Well you can pick your friends but your stuck with your family. And I'm fairly certain that the dumocrats love them also.
Hopefully we'll never know how those type of folks think. The woman of the house called my wife crying that her
cracked head - meth head daughter went to Tennessee with some guy and left her kids at the house with her.
Probably the best thing that could of happened to the kids, and grandma isn't happy.

Grit, good response. My question was rhetorical! We all know humans are flawed. Probably no worse today than they were a million years ago. Of course, back then they could not travel as far but some probably left their kids and went to the neighbor's cave.

A million years ago?

TennesseeTuxedo":1bukjg8v said:
inyati13":1bukjg8v said:
True Grit Farms":1bukjg8v said:
Well you can pick your friends but your stuck with your family. And I'm fairly certain that the dumocrats love them also.
Hopefully we'll never know how those type of folks think. The woman of the house called my wife crying that her
cracked head - meth head daughter went to Tennessee with some guy and left her kids at the house with her.
Probably the best thing that could of happened to the kids, and grandma isn't happy.

Grit, good response. My question was rhetorical! We all know humans are flawed. Probably no worse today than they were a million years ago. Of course, back then they could not travel as far but some probably left their kids and went to the neighbor's cave.

A million years ago?

I took the liberty of including the immediate ancestors of Homo sapiens, i.e., Homo habilis and Homo erectus. Although fossils of Homo sapiens date to 200,000 years ago, anthropologist know Homo sapiens didn't just fall out of the sky. So Homo sapiens date to approximately one million years.

greybeard":1pbii55x said:
inyati13":1pbii55x said:
True Grit Farms":1pbii55x said:

I agree with the answer.

Doesn't mean that poor behavior is condoned. My wife explained to me the importance of understanding that she loves me, but she may not love, like or condone thing's I've done or said in the past. That might pertain to this situation.

I also have my doubts that a system where someone can so easily scam it with no repercussions, should be defended.

There was a wise man that once said something along the lines of, if a man doesn't work, neither should he eat.

Just read this interview with Eastwood. I share some of the same thoughts. I've altered it slightly to make it CT friendly.

CE: When I harken back to my dad, I remember we left Redding and drove down here so he could get a job as a gas jockey at a Standard Station on the corner of PCH and Sunset Boulevard. But you travel five hundred miles, bring your family, rip up everything, and do that because that's the only job that existed. So I think, What would happen if he'd have said, "Oh, I can't do that?" Well, we'd have been begging for sandwiches at somebody's backdoor. Which is, I remember, one of the most affecting things that ever happened in my life. I was a little kid, five years old, and a guy comes to the back of our house and says to my mother, "There's a bunch of wood in the back. Could I chop that up for you, ma'am?" And my mother says, "We don't have money." And he says, "I don't want any money. Just a sandwich."

[Clint goes silent; his eyes well up.]

ESQ: Does that memory haunt you?

CE: It haunts me when I think of all the (@$$#*!!$) out there who are complaining. I saw people who really had it bad. There was no welfare to catch, to fill the bill there. The guy just wanted a sandwich. Hopefully later on he got a job somewhere. He was a guy trying to exist, and that's the way people were then.

ESQ: You got a little choked up just now.

CE: It's a strange vision, when you see desperation like that. It was for a kid—I guess I became a kid for a moment. You know, when somebody says, "I don't want anything. I just want the bare necessities to exist."

About his speech and what he'd do.

ESQ: I didn't say it was silly.

CE: It was silly at the time, but I was standing backstage and I'm hearing everybody say the same thing: "Oh, this guy's a great guy." Great, he's a great guy. I've got to say something more. And so I'm listening to an old Neil Diamond thing and he's going, "And no one heard at all / Not even the chair." And I'm thinking, That's (someone we can't mention here). He doesn't go to work. He doesn't go down to Congress and make a deal. What the hell's he doing sitting in the White House? If I were in that job, I'd get down there and make a deal. Sure, Congress are lazy (fatherless individuals), but so what? You're the top guy. You're the president of the company. It's your responsibility to make sure everybody does well. It's the same with every company in this country, whether it's a two-man company or a two-hundred-man company… . And that's the (woosy) generation—nobody wants to work.

ESQ: You've campaigned for office. If you were going to write a stump speech for this election, what would you say?

CE: "Knock it off. Knock everything off." All these people out there rattling around the streets and stuff, (stuff). They're boring everybody. Chesty Puller, a great Marine general, once said, "You can run me, and you can starve me, and you can beat me, and you can kill me, but don't bore me." And that's exactly what's happening now: Everybody is boring everybody. It's boring to listen to all this (stuff). It's boring to listen to these candidates.

ESQ: What would you like to see change?

CE: I'd say get to work and start being more understanding of everybody—instead of calling everybody names, start being more understanding. But get in there and get it done. Kick a$$ and take names. And this may be my dad talking, but don't spend what you don't have. That's why we're in the position we are in right now. That's why people are saying, "Why should I work? I'll get something for nothing, maybe." And going around and talking about going to college for free. I didn't go to college for free. I mean, it was cheap, because I went to L. A. City College—it wasn't like going to a major university. But it was okay. And then, you know, I didn't finish, because I decided to become an actor, ruin my whole life. [Everyone laughs.]

Commercialfarmer":3ps8754c said:
Just read this interview with Eastwood. I share some of the same thoughts. I've altered it slightly to make it CT friendly.

CE: When I harken back to my dad, I remember we left Redding and drove down here so he could get a job as a gas jockey at a Standard Station on the corner of PCH and Sunset Boulevard. But you travel five hundred miles, bring your family, rip up everything, and do that because that's the only job that existed. So I think, What would happen if he'd have said, "Oh, I can't do that?" Well, we'd have been begging for sandwiches at somebody's backdoor. Which is, I remember, one of the most affecting things that ever happened in my life. I was a little kid, five years old, and a guy comes to the back of our house and says to my mother, "There's a bunch of wood in the back. Could I chop that up for you, ma'am?" And my mother says, "We don't have money." And he says, "I don't want any money. Just a sandwich."

[Clint goes silent; his eyes well up.]

ESQ: Does that memory haunt you?

CE: It haunts me when I think of all the (@$$#*!!$) out there who are complaining. I saw people who really had it bad. There was no welfare to catch, to fill the bill there. The guy just wanted a sandwich. Hopefully later on he got a job somewhere. He was a guy trying to exist, and that's the way people were then.

ESQ: You got a little choked up just now.

CE: It's a strange vision, when you see desperation like that. It was for a kid—I guess I became a kid for a moment. You know, when somebody says, "I don't want anything. I just want the bare necessities to exist."

About his speech and what he'd do.

ESQ: I didn't say it was silly.

CE: It was silly at the time, but I was standing backstage and I'm hearing everybody say the same thing: "Oh, this guy's a great guy." Great, he's a great guy. I've got to say something more. And so I'm listening to an old Neil Diamond thing and he's going, "And no one heard at all / Not even the chair." And I'm thinking, That's (someone we can't mention here). He doesn't go to work. He doesn't go down to Congress and make a deal. What the be nice's he doing sitting in the White House? If I were in that job, I'd get down there and make a deal. Sure, Congress are lazy (fatherless individuals), but so what? You're the top guy. You're the president of the company. It's your responsibility to make sure everybody does well. It's the same with every company in this country, whether it's a two-man company or a two-hundred-man company… . And that's the (woosy) generation—nobody wants to work.

ESQ: You've campaigned for office. If you were going to write a stump speech for this election, what would you say?

CE: "Knock it off. Knock everything off." All these people out there rattling around the streets and stuff, (stuff). They're boring everybody. Chesty Puller, a great Marine general, once said, "You can run me, and you can starve me, and you can beat me, and you can kill me, but don't bore me." And that's exactly what's happening now: Everybody is boring everybody. It's boring to listen to all this (stuff). It's boring to listen to these candidates.

ESQ: What would you like to see change?

CE: I'd say get to work and start being more understanding of everybody—instead of calling everybody names, start being more understanding. But get in there and get it done. Kick a$$ and take names. And this may be my dad talking, but don't spend what you don't have. That's why we're in the position we are in right now. That's why people are saying, "Why should I work? I'll get something for nothing, maybe." And going around and talking about going to college for free. I didn't go to college for free. I mean, it was cheap, because I went to L. A. City College—it wasn't like going to a major university. But it was okay. And then, you know, I didn't finish, because I decided to become an actor, ruin my whole life. [Everyone laughs.]

Man thats good stuff CF.

Just watched heart break ridge again the other night. Seems like he's either carried some of his thoughts away from his characters, or he's added his own personality to them.

I am a little less inspired by Eastwood. Tough guys don't display that kind of emotion. ;-)

I think his brain is getting soft. 30 years ago he would have shot the kid.
:hide:

inyati13":3idx4is7 said:
I am a little less inspired by Eastwood. Tough guys don't display that kind of emotion. ;-)

In front of...........or behind the ear?

greybeard":euo900dq said:
inyati13":euo900dq said:

In front of...........or behind the ear?

That's a low blow.

Wiggers aren't necessarily white trash, or the other way around..

They're white punks who mimic black gangsters, usually very poorly.. they're wannabes

White trash is more like Trailer Park Boys.. Not very bright, mostly drunk, Drive a rusty 1980 camaro with a 305, that is if its not on cinder blocks with the 5 parts cars in the driveway of their mobile home..

I think this song sums it up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjAlecC3zok

Latest posts