red vs black

Help Support CattleToday:

If Pinocchio was real, I'd say he was posting in this thread and he'd best back up from the computer.

Junk cattle that are black are worth something. People will bid just because they are black.

Good cattle are good cattle and they come in all colors.

backhoeboogie":17gbiy9s said:
If Pinocchio was real, I'd say he was posting in this thread and he'd best back up from the computer.

Junk cattle that are black are worth something. People will bid just because they are black.

Typing with his nose

dun":3nxe1eo0 said:
backhoeboogie":3nxe1eo0 said:

Typing with his nose

:lol: In a really long stretch limo

The original post came from a guy in Texas. Check out your local sales and see if their is a price difference based on color. Here in Western Washington there is a huge difference. Good Black always is .25 to .30 higher than a good red. Most of the red breeds are a lot more docile than black breeds. Thats a general statement. Cowmen have different experiences with different breeds. Enviroment and handling make more of a difference than breed. I will say this, I have never come across a Herferd that wants to kill me. I've been on the wrong end of an angus many a time. All of the registered breeds can give you information on rib eye, IMF, growth and calving ease. Personally, raise cows that fit your goals or ambitions.

Latest posts