Purebred?

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman":3z330tor said:
Looks like a nice young Santa heifer to me. A crossbred will never be a purebred.

Santa Gertrudis
Beefmaster
Brangus

Cross registered Beefmaster with a cross between Reg. Charolais and Reg. Angus.- Given proper pheno/genotype selection of the individual animals, you will have a more productive, efficient, and better quality animal than any one of the above by itself.

The problem in the industry is everyone wants to cash in on their "quality registered stock" and noone wants to cross registered/registered of different breeds to create better animals for the beef and cattle industry. Lasater had it right, and the King Ranch is doing well.

We need to get off the Registered Colored Breed wagons and make beef cattle, it is not that difficult.

TxStateCowboy":d30xbhoa said:
We need to get off the Registered Colored Breed wagons and make beef cattle, it is not that difficult.

If successful crossbreeding is not that difficult, why do you think I see so many herds of mongrels around?

Frankie":kgdy9ti4 said:
TxStateCowboy":kgdy9ti4 said:

If successful crossbreeding is not that difficult, why do you think I see so many herds of mongrels around?

That ones pretty easy. Too many people have no idea what they want to accomplish and chase whatever is the hot ticket today.
You have to have plan and follow it. That isn;t all that hard but it doesn;t seem to be the popular method.
I neglected to mention the folks that just buy a bull as a cow freshener at the local sale barn and don;t really care about genetics or quality. Just a calf to sell.

Frankie":2vbr2vf1 said:
TxStateCowboy":2vbr2vf1 said:

I know too many people who have some acreage, wnat an ag exemption. They buy the lowest price cows possible. Put out a bull that they bought for the lowest price possible. Then they leave the daughters in the heard until the bull dies. No thought of inbreeding, quality etc.... then when the drought comes they dump them on the market. Sad to say they will not all become a part of our local school lunch program. (or certain hamburger joints)

Topkick":2c2ze1ki said:
Frankie":2c2ze1ki said:
TxStateCowboy":2c2ze1ki said:

Easy answer the inferior angus bulls and angus genetics. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but it still dont make inferiority acceptable except in CABS eyes. :p

Are you the former poster "Quality Cattle" and "Why Not"? Remember, God is watching and will know if you don't tell the truth.

Topkick":3vd6jyc1 said:
Frankie":3vd6jyc1 said:
Topkick":3vd6jyc1 said:
Frankie":3vd6jyc1 said:
TxStateCowboy":3vd6jyc1 said:

Easy answer the inferior angus bulls and angus genetics. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but it still dont make inferiority acceptable except in CABS eyes. :p

Are you the former poster "Quality Cattle" and "Why Not"?

What percentage of your 15 head do you cull on any given year?

Truth hmm that is like the pot calling the angus black is.t it?

No answer to my question? I guess that means "yes." Why don't you just set back and enjoy the board instead of attacking and insulting?

What am I looking at in the back ground?A trailer turned upside down?I see a fence,is that a boat?Just curious.

An old boat trailer headed for the dump on top of my bike trailer.

dun":2f42idmg said:
Australian Cattleman":2f42idmg said:
Looks like a nice young Santa heifer to me. A crossbred will never be a purebred.

Unless it's a purebred black hereford
I don't believe in Black Herefords, a bunch of junk. A Black Hereford is nothing more than a Black Blady cross and that is how it should stay I think.

THG

Latest posts