Purebred Angus bulls without papers

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEFarmwife said:
Lazy M said:
************* said:
Branded probably forgot the password.

LOL! You guys are hilarious! Real comedians.

I'm not quitting, I will still post, and offer up my humble opinions.

What I won't do however is discuss MY operation, which seems to make some fine folks on here downright apoplectic.

All is well. Carry on as usual.

************* said:
NEFarmwife said:
Lazy M said:
LOL! You guys are hilarious! Real comedians.

I'm not quitting, I will still post, and offer up my humble opinions.

What I won't do however is discuss MY operation, which seems to make some fine folks on here downright apoplectic.

All is well. Carry on as usual.

Aww come on man, learn to laugh at yourself and others will laugh with you. It's just a stupid chat forum don't take it too seriously..
BTW the quotation function is messed up..

************* said:
CreekAngus said:
How in the heck did this whole topic go from selling un-papered bulls, to whose herd is bigger than others, the state of Kentucky's cow herds and current weather? I do have to take umbrage with Woodhill dogging herd bulls. I got three bull calves laying on the ground right now, all three out of other producer's herd bulls. JVC Emulation from Crouthamel and two out of Rathbun Profile. Should I raise them and keep them to cover cows we miss on AI, I would have no issue keeping or selling progeny. To say I wouldn't says I don't think much of the cows I have purchased or produced. You are basically telling your customers, you don't think much of your own cattle and progeny. I'm not a huge fan of line breeding but I can see where doubling up the influence of a genetic line can create some very good cattle.......EXT obviously is an example. I've thought of using Werner War Party and then using a Bextor influenced bull on those daughters (Flat Top). But as I stated before Woodhill put together the program you want to, but don't I don't think anyone one is saying loud and clear, selling un-papered bull is a bad thing. Here soon we have heifer due to calf to Ten X and I don't like that bull and I'm thinking if it's a bull I won't steer him and sell him un-papered and one of my neighbors will get him on the cheap, but this bull should improve his herd and thus give my farm a little good will.

TenX will almost always improve a herd in my opinion.

Sorry about that I kept typing Woodhill but it's Branded

This got lost back on page 24 when emotions were running high. I would like to bring it forward for discussion now that we are past the "my dad can whip your dad". "No he can't". "Yes he can". "No he can't". "Yes he can".

Branded raised an issue that I don't remember ever being discussed on the forum.

Do any of you who sell livestock via private treaty ever screen the buyer? Do you have standards that a buyer must meet before you are comfortable selling him an animal. The reason that was of interest to me is because I got a call last week from a friend who told me what happened to a couple heifers I sold last fall under the CAIP program.

Funny how those who brag about working so hard and taking better care of their land and cattle than everyone else have so much time to post on here in daylight hours. We dont have time for that here not even in monsoons like today (and yesterday).

Well I know for sure that I don't feel comfortable with buying animals from a Sim breeder in KY.

Bright Raven said:
This got lost back on page 24 when emotions were running high. I would like to bring it forward for discussion now that we are past the "my dad can whip your dad". "No he can't". "Yes he can". "No he can't". "Yes he can".

Branded raised an issue that I don't remember ever being discussed on the forum.

Do any of you who sell livestock via private treaty ever screen the buyer? Do you have standards that a buyer must meet before you are comfortable selling him an animal. The reason that was of interest to me is because I got a call last week from a friend who told me what happened to a couple heifers I sold last fall under the CAIP program.

Lk 11 11-12: What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?

Your question made me think of the above passage. Very few people will knowingly mistreat what they consider to be theirs. You may not like all their practices but their INTENT will not be to harm what they own..

Lazy M said:
Bright Raven said:

Lk 11 11-12: What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?

Your question made me think of the above passage. Very few people will knowingly mistreat what they consider to be theirs. You may not like all their practices but their INTENT will not be to harm what they own..

Acknowledged. But that does not answer the question. Does anyone who sells livestock via private treaty set any standards for the buyer? I assume you are saying, no.

Midtenn said:
Funny how those who brag about working so hard and taking better care of their land and cattle than everyone else have so much time to post on here in daylight hours. We dont have time for that here not even in monsoons like today (and yesterday).

I guess some folks prefer to work smarter than harder.

It comes down to the 7 P's of planning in the end.

Bright Raven said:
Lazy M said:
Bright Raven said:

Acknowledged. But that does not answer the question. Does anyone who sells livestock via private treaty set any standards for the buyer? I assume you are saying, no.

Only standard that I've ever been aware of was that the check cleared.. is this why you wouldn't sell me Gimli?!? :mad:

Lazy M said:
Bright Raven said:
Lazy M said:

Only standard that I've ever been aware of was that the check cleared.. is this why you wouldn't sell me Gimli?!? :mad:

I should have sold you Gimli. I need to go see him. He is going to be a bulldozer.

BTW: I would hope that what I sell goes to a good home but in practice, most of what I have sold goes to a farm that I have never seen.

Bright Raven said:
Lazy M said:
Bright Raven said:

I doubt many people care.

The easy fix to this is don't sell where CAIP is involved and ask lots of questions of the buyer. You can tell pretty quickly who is taking the animal to "Misery Acres Farm"

I know where they all end up in the end, but they can have entirely different journeys as is also the case for us humans.

I will state this loud and proud, I have no problem refusing a sale if I think the buyer is incapable of caring for their animals.

Those type of buyers will be your worst nightmare anyway. Better to never even let them step foot on your operation in the first place. Call me a pr...ck, but I have no use for people that abuse animals.

Even restaurants say "no shirts, no shoes, no service"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts