angus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

gitnby

Reaction score
looking at 16 mo.angus bull ..no papers on him but his grandfather is diamond m final answer...has traveler 71 ,sitz traveler 8180 blood also...was wondering if this might lead to feet problems...any help is appreciated..thanks

There truly are bulls that have potentials to throw some some major problems. Some of these bulls can barely walk and they will get some paid announcer to talk them up like they could run a marathon. Your bull is all of your herd profit. By that I mean, he touches each of your calves. So if he has a weakness, and the cow has it too, then you are in trouble. I am at a point on the Angus, go for their feet and legs to the hips. Then see what else goes with that. The old bulls that were here 20 years ago, check those out before all the inbreeding hit when many good lines were done away wth beause of defects, that I never had that problem with any birth. I think a defect out of 1000 calves would have been better than all the bull calves walking with frozen hock joints, and claw formed fetlocks with sloppy hip joints. I know I sound harsh, but I loved my Angus cattle and it has been so difficult to find a bull I trust to last a couple of breeding seasons because of defective rear leg structure. It reminds me of what happened to Collies and the Impressive Quarter Horse line, then Doc Bar.

There truly are bulls that have potentials to throw some some major problems. Some of these bulls can barely walk and they will get some paid announcer to talk them up like they could run a marathon. Your bull is all of your herd profit. By that I mean, he touches each of your calves. So if he has a weakness, and the cow has it too, then you are in trouble. I am at a point on the Angus, go for their feet and legs to the hips. Then see what else goes with that. The old bulls that were here 20 years ago, check those out before all the inbreeding hit when many good lines were done away wth beause of defects, that I never had that problem with any birth. I think a defect out of 1000 calves would have been better than all the bull calves walking with frozen hock joints, and claw formed fetlocks with sloppy hip joints. I know I sound harsh, but I loved my Angus cattle and it has been so difficult to find a bull I trust to last a couple of breeding seasons because of defective rear leg structure. It reminds me of what happened to Collies and the Impressive Quarter Horse line, then Doc Bar.
if a bull is not dubble bred on top and bottom i dont want him. 7 bulls in a 3 gen. peedgree thats nuts . Linebreeding not inbreeding that how they got the breed to start with.

if a bull is not dubble bred on top and bottom i dont want him. 7 bulls in a 3 gen. peedgree thats nuts . Linebreeding not inbreeding that how they got the breed to start with.
You are so right clovlanfarms. If there is any weakness in that blood line, it is bound to start coming through. Have you noticed that some farms keep breeding the same lines over and over, and each bull looks identical. There is on Farm that as soon as I see the bull, I know where he came from. Those bulls often are light in the shoulders, thin in the heart girth, big belly, but not so much a spring of ribs, then they usually have a good rump on them. But they can be light in the flank as well. I could put a picture up and ask everyone to get where this bull comes from and everyone would know because they all look the same.

Seems like every bull picture I see for sale is post legged. Is that the way they stand them to show the testicles or are they actually post legged?

You are so right clovlanfarms. If there is any weakness in that blood line, it is bound to start coming through. Have you noticed that some farms keep breeding the same lines over and over, and each bull looks identical. There is on Farm that as soon as I see the bull, I know where he came from. Those bulls often are light in the shoulders, thin in the heart girth, big belly, but not so much a spring of ribs, then they usually have a good rump on them. But they can be light in the flank as well. I could put a picture up and ask everyone to get where this bull comes from and everyone would know because they all look the same.
One of the top red angus bulls his mother was bred to her daddy to do that u got to know what ur doing all are of the same ranch the whole 3 gen, ped. mix black paint with black ur going to get black paint. same for cows .

Back legs that are too straight going through the hock. Not enough angle. A serious flaw for animals you want to last. The bulls above are not post legged.
Thats just straight legged never heard of post legged people change meanings of words Thanks

Latest posts