Bull selection

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
Been looking at some bulls lately.
Settled on one. I'm sure they been picked over pretty much everywhere and places I've visited had 3-4 left.
All looked pretty good to me, from programs that don't push their bulls too hard but just good growing conditions.
Came down to the final pick between 2.
They were very close in height, maybe an inch difference. The taller bull was more narrow made, smaller narrower head, more trim through the middle.
Typically I'm drawn to a bull with more frame, but we chose the other bull as it was close in height and thicker made with a broader more masculine head.
My thinking is that thicker bull should sure calves with more volume and pounds and still have enough frame.

Been looking at some bulls lately.
Settled on one. I'm sure they been picked over pretty much everywhere and places I've visited had 3-4 left.
All looked pretty good to me, from programs that don't push their bulls too hard but just good growing conditions.
Came down to the final pick between 2.
They were very close in height, maybe an inch difference. The taller bull was more narrow made, smaller narrower head, more trim through the middle.
Typically I'm drawn to a bull with more frame, but we chose the other bull as it was close in height and thicker made with a broader more masculine head.
My thinking is that thicker bull should sure calves with more volume and pounds and still have enough frame.
What kind of bull is it?

Latest posts