Purebred Seedstock Opportunity

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms said:
cow pollinater said:
Looks like a good place to start. I'd get rid of both bulls and look for something deeper. Don't hesitate to go fullblood and throw numbers out the window when you do. If you can't stand the thought of that Justice has really done a nice job for me on just about anything I used him on.

This is a text that the owner sent me when we first started discussing the deal. Not sure if it will help with any recommendations you may have but here it is just in case.

I started out wanting to produce the best bulls possible for cow/calf producers. I used AI sire Wulfs Ransom for low birth weight and docility. Then I used ROMN Justice for carcass traits and docility, and conformation. ROMN Tow Truck was next because he was a combination of Ransom and Justice. After that I added Wulfs Xcellsior for milk and finally Wulfs Xtractor for growth and carcass.
Xtractor is the problem he's got good growth but depth is his downfall. I'd use Treftz Done Right for black and probably Syes Deep and Wide for red. Other advise I'd give is to call Glen Treftz 1-605-380-0014 or Symens 605-448-2624 very knowledgeable and very helpful folks

Cole First down, Rads Black prodigy, IBRR Black Shadow. On the First Down bull you want semen from First Down not the clones. These are old bulls that still work. MH Southern Cross brings depth and rib decent milk and good udders. He was a big footed bull with good legs under him. Rod Carvers Touchable bull looks real good with some real nice calves that I have seen. Semen on him is a little high because you have to buy a package. Lots of good old horned bulls but you might not want to deal with that. Most of those bulls are at limigene.

frieghttrain said:
JMJ Farms said:
cow pollinater said:
Looks like a good place to start. I'd get rid of both bulls and look for something deeper. Don't hesitate to go fullblood and throw numbers out the window when you do. If you can't stand the thought of that Justice has really done a nice job for me on just about anything I used him on.

This is a text that the owner sent me when we first started discussing the deal. Not sure if it will help with any recommendations you may have but here it is just in case.

I started out wanting to produce the best bulls possible for cow/calf producers. I used AI sire Wulfs Ransom for low birth weight and docility. Then I used ROMN Justice for carcass traits and docility, and conformation. ROMN Tow Truck was next because he was a combination of Ransom and Justice. After that I added Wulfs Xcellsior for milk and finally Wulfs Xtractor for growth and carcass.
Xtractor is the problem he's got good growth but depth is his downfall. I'd use Treftz Done Right for black and probably Syes Deep and Wide for red. Other advise I'd give is to call Glen Treftz 1-605-380-0014 or Symens 605-448-2624 very knowledgeable and very helpful folks

Thank you for your advice freighttrain. I will definitely give him a call.

Red Bull Breeder said:
Cole First down, Rads Black prodigy, IBRR Black Shadow. On the First Down bull you want semen from First Down not the clones. These are old bulls that still work. MH Southern Cross brings depth and rib decent milk and good udders. He was a big footed bull with good legs under him. Rod Carvers Touchable bull looks real good with some real nice calves that I have seen. Semen on him is a little high because you have to buy a package. Lots of good old horned bulls but you might not want to deal with that. Most of those bulls are at limigene.

Let me check them out and then I will hit you with the questions. Thank you sir.

Red Bull Breeder said:
https://www.facebook.com/fullbloodcattle/photos/a.503781113054881/1669906416442339/?type=3&theater I try and make them look like this one.

I see what you mean. She's a dandy for sure!

Red Bull Breeder said:

Cole first down is still available, pretty sure Prodigy is not and neither is Black shadow. On the purebreds in my opinion the new are better than almost all the old bulls. I really like that hiefer what is she going to get bred to?

COLE First Down is the sire of RADS Black Prodigy. I found semen available on both. I'm gonna check them both out a little closer. I also really like that TREFTZ Done Right Bull. Don't know much about him but his picture as a 3 year old is impressive.

Sometimes but First down only has one copy of the f94L if you breed limousin you might as well have them homo for the gene they're known for IMO. Done right does have 2 copies

How do Lim-Flex cattle sell in your area?

Uncle ran registered Limo bulls on commercial cattle for years. I bought my first heifers from him and breed them to Angus bull.
Can't complain about the calves.

Good luck with the new venture!

No need to be like that Randy I was simply stating my opinion (one of my worst qualities I'm told) I just felt like the other bull had more to offer. Joe

JMJ if you do decide to use fullbloods Mike ludens at limigene will probably give you a good price as he's trying to get rid of the old fullbloods. Joe

Females look really nice. Bulls on the other hand... The best decision is to use AI for the females, that's for sure.
Calves sired by full french bull would look great out of these girls...