Prices,Prices,Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Premium calves brought it here in Livingston last week as well.
Seen the slip from a friend that hauled in some fine black baldie calves.
We talked about this market falling into correction last April.
Going to have to put a choice grade or better calf across the scales to get a premium.
My crystal ball sees this trend for the next couple of years.
Opening the import market to Argentina sure didn't help either.

forget cattle I was at a goat sale this week fat weathers around 3.00 a pound.
The more people from Mexico and the more Arabs we let into America the higher goats are going to go. Them little pigmy billy goats that were not worth 15.00 not to long ago, 2.65 a pound.

BRYANT":1k3luddf said:
The more people from Mexico and the more Arabs we let into America the higher goats are going to go. Them little pigmy billy goats that were not worth 15.00 not to long ago, 2.65 a pound.

Bryant I know there high. I buy them and resell the meat to Arabs they like all the meat cut up into 2" chunks and will open up the wallet

skyhightree1":3w0ik7rm said:
BRYANT":3w0ik7rm said:

Bryant I know there high. I buy them and resell the meat to Arabs they like all the meat cut up into 2" chunks and will open up the wallet

Get a rope boy's we have found out who is feedin em.

Caustic Burno":1ummm1vg said:
skyhightree1":1ummm1vg said:
BRYANT":1ummm1vg said:

Get a rope boy's we have found out who is feedin em.

I say get the tar and feathers first.

Steady climbing

3-3-16_zpsxpts5nun.png

At the sale barn in Lockhart today. Calves going from $1.10-$1.60 The only one to hit that high was a black baldie steer. Not sure why, before he started the bidding on that one the guy next to him stopped and said something we couldnt hear. I didnt think it looked any better then the other baldies coming through but got an extra 10 cents a pound.

Cattle are falling but boxed beef is holding strong as is prices to consumers. Some part of the food chain is doing very well!

I buy bulk in the restuarant business. Right now ground "angus" is running 2.30 a pound. Back last year when beef was high we were paying about $3 a pound. I am a guy who looks at consumer beef prices on a weekly basis because my other job depends on the price of beef as well.

Latest posts