Cow prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep I saw that. $4k was the cheapest I saw. Saturday, you could have gotten a nice Brangus or UltraBlack for as low as $2400.
Warren we bought the co high seller in that sale in 22. Last year they were below 22 with the drought still in severe mode. I bid on 3 bulls today. Last week there was another sale 70 miles from us. Lower than the last 2 years. Heifers bulls were high last week. Good growth bulls very reasonable. I'm being very picky. Sales have been partly a roller coaster. I went and looked at a top group of bulls Sunday. Yearlings. Can buy pick for $3,500.00. I have 2 5 y/o bulls I will sell if I find better replacements. Not going too sell before I have replacements. Only retained 2 we raised. Wishing I had kept more.
Saw a bull 2,300 lbs plus bull bring $152.50 per hundred. This is a time you need to evaluate every bull and be ready when the bargain is available.

Warren we bought the co high seller in that sale in 22. Last year they were below 22 with the drought still in severe mode. I bid on 3 bulls today. Last week there was another sale 70 miles from us. Lower than the last 2 years. Heifers bulls were high last week. Good growth bulls very reasonable. I'm being very picky. Sales have been partly a roller coaster. I went and looked at a top group of bulls Sunday. Yearlings. Can buy pick for $3,500.00. I have 2 5 y/o bulls I will sell if I find better replacements. Not going too sell before I have replacements. Only retained 2 we raised. Wishing I had kept more.
Saw a bull 2,300 lbs plus bull bring $152.50 per hundred. This is a time you need to evaluate every bull and be ready when the bargain is available.
I know, it is crazy. Today at the regular sale, at the place where the Hunt's Brangus sale was Saturday, there were black cows and heifers with a little ear, that sold for as much or more than the registered stock did Saturday.

We have always sold when they are ready too sell. Will sell some late summer calving cows in April/May.
It is similar to 2014 here. If a bull can pass his BSE test and is classified a heifer bull he will bring 5-7 thousand and some I've seen you couldn't give me. Saw one with an actual BW of 40 lbs bring around 7. IMO very low quality. Guess many are saving replacements. We are but will AI ours then have a good heifer bull we will use as a clean up. IMO I would use a half longhorn or Corriente that was black before I would pay 7 for an Angus of the same quality.

I saw a few kill cows and bulls sell yesterday. Good thick cows were $1.10-$1.12. Thinner shelly cows were $0.86. The bulls is saw weren't hard top of the line bulls. They were all around $1.36. Watched a group of Red Angus steers weighing right at 500 sell for $3.38. 425 pound Red Angus heifers for $3.17.

I saw a few kill cows and bulls sell yesterday. Good thick cows were $1.10-$1.12. Thinner shelly cows were $0.86. The bulls is saw weren't hard top of the line bulls. They were all around $1.36. Watched a group of Red Angus steers weighing right at 500 sell for $3.38. 425 pound Red Angus heifers for $3.17.
Cows here have slipped in price a bit, I believe all the cows that were bought to feed in November and December will be coming off now.

Downloaded CattleUSA app for iPhone and have been watching live auctions across the us. Too bad they never have any from around my area but it's nice to see how other sales are going.

Downloaded CattleUSA app for iPhone and have been watching live auctions across the us. Too bad they never have any from around my area but it's nice to see how other sales are going.
If you went to your profile and put a location on it we'd all know where "my area" is.

Latest posts