Bred cow sale tomorrow

Help Support CattleToday:

Today at La Grande it was a regular sale instead of the feeder sale they have been have every week. Regular sales they sell pairs and bred cows first. No pairs but 50 or 60 bred cows. I feel like I need to give my cows a treat when I got home. Broken and spread mouth cows 7 & 8 months bred sold for $1,700 + even with a few smooth mouth cows tossed into the groups. I am in to my cows a hair over $1,200. And I sure don't have $500 worth of feed into them. Quick and dirty figure I have $111.80 worth of hay per cow into them. It sure feels good when you guess the market right.
Bred prices are way up here as well Dave.

I got 1 pair Thursday at less than 1600.
Everything else was 1700 and up. Heavy bred and pairs alike. Some heavy breds are even higher than pairs

Bred prices are way up here as well Dave.

I got 1 pair Thursday at less than 1600.
Everything else was 1700 and up. Heavy bred and pairs alike. Some heavy breds are even higher than pairs
There were some May/June calving cows that were a little light or tough looking that a person have bought for under $1,000. They would turn a nickle or two. But they don't fir well in my program. And besides I am full up.

Sold 2 old cows and a heifer Monday Jan 29th. The old cows did ok, heifer was a little low. Those cows were some that I paid $800 for 2-3 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3453.jpeg
    IMG_3453.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts