Calf prices

Help Support CattleToday:

710 weight steers at Clyde Alberta today$2.70+
615 at steers $3.07
555 wt steers $3.44
350 wt steers $3.50

I assume that is Canadian dollar but even when converted to US its a good price
Yes, Canadian dollars. Was talking to the guy who listed our steers for internet sale this week. Yearlings yesterday in Kamloops.. one group of 650 wt heifers at $2.35, nothing else from 850 lbs down under $2.40. That was only on 500 head.

I didn't watch the entire sale today. The best I saw was green, weaned char cross steers weighing 487 for $2.42. A buyer friend of mine said it was a barn burner at Hermiston yesterday. B keeps telling me that I should go to the Hermiston sale. I keep telling him that I am not going to drag a trailer load of cattle up Cabbage hill and over the Blue Mountains.

Last Saturday, at Greeneville, they were all over the place. Saw no rhyme nor reason to the variability. Some real cheap, some decently high. Nothing like yall are mentioning above. Glad to see they're doing better.

Replacement heifers ought to be a hot ticket item later this year, yeah?

I went again and again no bred cows for me. I saw 30 steers weighing 450 sell for $2.55. A lot of 70 heifers weighing 510 brought $1.96. Things were higher than they have been. I didn't have a card to write things down on so those were the only two I remember. But calves sold real well while I was there.

Latest posts