Post pics of your place

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher":2trdockw said:
NECowboy":2trdockw said:
I hate the urban/suburban rat race. I am fortunate to be able to live and work in rural America.

Can half see a nice young girl in a hoop skirt holding up a plate of fried chicken, mac and cheese, and green beans with bacon and a glass of cold tea out front (tea gotta be sweet tea or undrinkable for me) ala Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle, GA. Love those old Southern plantation houses and their gracious charm.

Nothing gracious about 2016 big city America (I found Nashville to be very unrelaxing with all the high pace traffic, freeways, skyscrapers etc - as are most big cities the world over, south or not).

What were you doing in Nashville?

Been all over King, cross country trip from sc to Nebraska

Game, set, match. I believe Ned.Jr just won the internet. Incredible pictures. I feel like a better person after viewing them.

Margonme" Oh my. Pictures like that make me want to live another 400 years![/quote said:
Pictures like that make me want to fight Alan (and the ravens) for the loft!

Such beauty in the world, and such different types of it.

"I'm coming home with a stone, strapped onto my back
I'm coming home with a burning hope turning all my blues to black.
I'm looking for a sacred hand to carve into this stone.
A ghost of comfort, Angel's Breath - to keep this life inside my chest.
This world falls on me with hopes of immortality
Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me.

I woke up in the middle of a dream, scared the world was too much for me.
Sejarez said, "Don't let go, just plant the seeds and watch them grow."
I've slept in rainy canyon lands, cold drenched to my skin.
I always wake to find a face to calm these troubled lands.

I'm running, to the end of the earth.
I'm swimming, to the edge of the sea.
Oh, I'm laughing, I'm under a starry sky
This world was meant for me.
Don't bury me, carry me.
I wish I was a nomad, an Indian, or a saint.
The edge of death would disappear, leave me nothing to taint.
I wish I was a nomad, an Indian, or a saint.
Give me walking shoes, feathered arms, and a key to heaven's gate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNMfxaOdJq8

Wow Ned Jr. That is nothing short of incredible. Make room I am moving in.

Thanks for starting the thread Cross I too love seeing other peoples places. A lot to be proud of in those pics.!

Thread killer.

Ned, wow. I wish I was standing in the middle of it, to really see it. I know pics can't do it justice. Congrats on your good fortune.

I agree about Ned Jr.'s photos. I'm 55 years old and have never seen mountains. I hope to correct that in the next year or two.

ohiosteve":272u0ett said:
Game, set, match. I believe Ned.Jr just won the internet. Incredible pictures. I feel like a better person after viewing them.

Hands down Steve. No contest. Couldn't agree more.

Ned - Like everyone said, that is breathtakingly beautiful.

Giz - That was too cute.

I love this thread.

TT - That ain't a bad looking place. TN has a lot of historical homes. A friend of mine has one in around White Pine that was owned by an early relative of Franklin.

Never been to west cliffe looks like cool area. My sister lives in Abq and we always drive through pueblo, Trinidad etc. Will have to look y'all up sometime, gorgeous scenery.

In no way can I compete with Ned jr (lovely name by the way, that was my Dad's name!), but thought I would show some pictures of our farm.
There is no way to explain the beauty of fall in Missouri. I lived in California most of my life, and they cannot hold a candle to the color that is displayed in Missouri in all the plant and wildlife! Of course, I cannot find any pictures, but thought this was a nice one (it also has a good cow/calf pair in it!)!
2re5e11.jpg

We have trees all around, and slightly rolling hills. Our entire farm is set up for manage intensive grazing, and I think we do pretty good at it.
We drain pretty good too, when we get extra rain! This is our back pastures, with a farm road covered in water after a flood last December:
5wbimh.jpg

We get a little snow, but it usually melts off in a day or so. This is a shot of part of our barn, and part of my orchard
osslch.jpg

I have a small orchard I planted, with peaches, nectarines, plums, Asian pears, and apples. We are feasting on the really good crop of Asian pears right now… yummy.
This is what we tend to do when we get a little snow!
say3o7.jpg

Kids have fun being pulled behind the 4 wheeler and the dogs chasing! The blue building in the background is our shop. I am proud to say that I built it (with help from hubby and a few friends), I wired it, I framed it…. All of it. It has a bathroom inside, and we actually lived in it for 4 years before we built our home. We bought our land as raw acreage, and put the well and all structures and fences in on our own.
This is the inside of our barn. It is 40 x 100, and we set it up to work cattle, halter break, and AI on a regular basis. One wall has 100 foot of continuous fence that we affixed to the wall for halter breaking, along with a wash rack we poured for the kids to rinse cattle and me to wash my equipment if needed (on the right, you can not see it). We store small squares in it also. You are looking at the holding facility, chute, and small back pen for separating off calves. We were using the lamb table as an AI table, but have since put in a table to set up all of the AI equipment. I like my holding pens, if I need to isolate a cow or pair, it is easy to do and they are right next to the chute. The alleyway going to the back of the barn is just the right width to drive the tractor through, and we have set up numerous pens using temporary panels if I needed a bunch of pens (new babies on cold nights!). The pig is on a small concrete pad we poured by hand and finished. We only have a set of two pigs from around March to June, the kids raise them for the county fair and then they go in the freezer, so the rest of the time we use it to put squares on.
2625cex.jpg

And then back to spring. We grow great grass, and the cattle have lots of trees!
2zdskyh.jpg

And even in the middle of a drought (2012), you can see a rainbow and know that green grass is right around the corner!
2q1gew3.jpg

Fire Sweep Ranch":2rhk5b7g said:
In no way can I compete with Ned jr (lovely name by the way, that was my Dad's name!), but thought I would show some pictures of our farm.
There is no way to explain the beauty of fall in Missouri. I lived in California most of my life, and they cannot hold a candle to the color that is displayed in Missouri in all the plant and wildlife! Of course, I cannot find any pictures, but thought this was a nice one (it also has a good cow/calf pair in it!)!
2re5e11.jpg

We have trees all around, and slightly rolling hills. Our entire farm is set up for manage intensive grazing, and I think we do pretty good at it.
We drain pretty good too, when we get extra rain! This is our back pastures, with a farm road covered in water after a flood last December:
5wbimh.jpg

We get a little snow, but it usually melts off in a day or so. This is a shot of part of our barn, and part of my orchard
osslch.jpg

I have a small orchard I planted, with peaches, nectarines, plums, Asian pears, and apples. We are feasting on the really good crop of Asian pears right now… yummy.
This is what we tend to do when we get a little snow!
say3o7.jpg

Kids have fun being pulled behind the 4 wheeler and the dogs chasing! The blue building in the background is our shop. I am proud to say that I built it (with help from hubby and a few friends), I wired it, I framed it…. All of it. It has a bathroom inside, and we actually lived in it for 4 years before we built our home. We bought our land as raw acreage, and put the well and all structures and fences in on our own.
This is the inside of our barn. It is 40 x 100, and we set it up to work cattle, halter break, and AI on a regular basis. One wall has 100 foot of continuous fence that we affixed to the wall for halter breaking, along with a wash rack we poured for the kids to rinse cattle and me to wash my equipment if needed (on the right, you can not see it). We store small squares in it also. You are looking at the holding facility, chute, and small back pen for separating off calves. We were using the lamb table as an AI table, but have since put in a table to set up all of the AI equipment. I like my holding pens, if I need to isolate a cow or pair, it is easy to do and they are right next to the chute. The alleyway going to the back of the barn is just the right width to drive the tractor through, and we have set up numerous pens using temporary panels if I needed a bunch of pens (new babies on cold nights!). The pig is on a small concrete pad we poured by hand and finished. We only have a set of two pigs from around March to June, the kids raise them for the county fair and then they go in the freezer, so the rest of the time we use it to put squares on.
2625cex.jpg

And then back to spring. We grow great grass, and the cattle have lots of trees!
2zdskyh.jpg

And even in the middle of a drought (2012), you can see a rainbow and know that green grass is right around the corner!
2q1gew3.jpg

Midwest has it's own beauty. Fall gorgeous up here and in Mizzourah. How far are y'all from KC?

Latest posts