Pics of your herd bull

Help Support CattleToday:

CPL":1uu4cyti said:
iowahawkeyes":1uu4cyti said:
He is a Starbuck "Tank" son we use on heifers. Have had 1 crop and we love the calves.

How's the BW on the calves? I'm assuming they're nice since your using him on heifers. He looks good. Who's his dam trace back to?

They pooped out 70-75# and are awesome on other breeds too. We bred him to a variety of heifers. His registration is 42602729 and he is out of some bulls that aren't real well known to me, but I'm never claimed to be an expert in the breed. It's surprising that out of Tank he is calving ease b/c Tank is -6.8 CE EPD and mom is -1.1, but we felt very confident in him and it's working great.

jscunn said:
Copeman,

No the Angus bulls came from Missouri (sydenstricker) and the Hereford bull came from Tennessee, Candy Meadow Farms. Have you heard of them?

Tod Dague

He is my favorite as well. His calves end up a lot like him with the extrta length and rib. I will try to find the picture of his oldest daughter at home and post it.

Here is the picture I was talking about. She was 2yr old with her first calf on her in the picture.

I have heard of Sydenstricker, but nothe Hereford breeder. Do you have any info on them, Candy Meadow Farms?

Cope,
Not really other than they raise Herefords, Angus, and Charolais cattle and they are located in Lexington Tn. If you are really serious about finding something local to you pm me and I can get you some more info, but I will have to make some calls.

iowahawkeyes-

Dam's pedigree is unfamilar to me as well. BW is nice, would have never expected that being out of Starbuck.

jscunn-

No I didn't go to their sale, just impressed by 3-4 bulls they sell semen off of (and those bull's calves). Who's your Hereford bull's sire if you don't mind me asking? I like Victor 262D and his lower BW son Frontier.

CopeMan-

Here's information on Candy Meadow Farms:
http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 2625272220

I appreciate your help cowboyup. Some of the photos make the pictures larger than the window on my computer, and I can't get the whole animal on the screen. I usually scroll over just enough to get the picture on. Didn't see the "Limi Bull" label to the right.

haase, I wish every bull, cow and calf on my farm had your bulls rear end. Very nice bull.
Chuckie

Santas and Duhram Reds":1mm0khr5 said:
http://cattletoday.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=6649&limit=recent

Here is mine. He didn't grow into what I envisioned when I got him, of course he is still growing. He can put on the lbs. in a hurry and he works well with our large and in charge cows. He brings them down a notch which is what we were wanting with our Santa herd.

He isn't an exceptionally long bull but this picture makes him look shorter than he really is.

Not sure how long we will keep him. Actually we have some exciting stuff in the mix. Depending how that goes, this one might find himself demoted to our Star 5 and heifer program.
I got some Gert, RA crosses w/Charolais calves. Some of the best mommas I got.

Cope and CPL,

Here are the last two bulls.

Hereford (Logan Son)

P1010489.jpg

And the last black bull a E161 son

P1010482.jpg

Good looking bull Kevin! He is heavily muscled without being
double-muscled like the Belgin Blue. What's the average
pounds of birthweights you expect on his calves? He
looks great.

jscunn":38tkh754 said:
Cope and CPL,

Here are the last two bulls.

Hereford (Logan Son)

P1010489.jpg

And the last black bull a E161 son

P1010482.jpg

Awesome looking Angus bull. He must b the biggest of your bulls. How old is he?

Cope,

Sorry he is actually the smallest. The last time we weighed him he was ~2200 lbs. You like him that much you can get semen on his flush brother from ABS - SAF Factor.

Factor's BW EPD is higher but this bull has been used on heifers with no problems to date.

The Angus bull will be 7 yrs old in September.

jscunn":20qrygs8 said:
Cope,

Sorry he is actually the smallest. The last time we weighed him he was ~2200 lbs. You like him that much you can get semen on his flush brother from ABS - SAF Factor.

Factor's BW EPD is higher but this bull has been used on heifers with no problems to date.

The Angus bull will be 7 yrs old in September.

You have any more pics of your bulls?

Must say that is one of the best Angus bulls I've ever seen. 'Course we can't see his feet, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I am no Precision fan, but I must agree with Purecountry on this one. That' s one good looking bull.

Are you sure he's a Precision?

He's got muscle?

Good bull!

Now that's bizarre, that cow family shouldn't throw bulls that look like that. The 5175's or Fame's sure didn't sire many that looked like that.

Latest posts