Pics of your herd bull

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222":avsnj1lb said:
This is the one I'm useing now, can't take any credit for him though, except I had enough in the checking account to get him :)
IMG_0034111.jpg

I guess this is my best home grown

DSCN0363a.jpg

How about some breeding info. I like both! DFF

Keren":24bgpc5t said:
rkaiser":24bgpc5t said:
How about a three year old Fullblood Red Welsh Black bull.

KG11-011407-9874_DVW133P.jpg

Impressive bull - BUT I'm scared to death of those shoulders :shock:

I'd have to say that is one good looking bull. I wish I could find a straight horned hereford bull built just like him. My compliments!

Well, here's mine at 11 months, but he don't know it yet. He'll get his shot in about 5-6 months. Murray Grey.

Murray_Grey_Bull.jpg

purecountry":2vs1nl0d said:
Shorthorn1 - I really like his depth in the chest, masculinity, legs look straight, good topline, just like to see a little rounder muscle extending down to the hock. Pretty good bull all in all though.

Thanks, Purecountry. I agree, he could use a little more rear quarter muscling. I almost didn't post to this thread when I saw the Welsh Black bull from RKeiser. That is quite an animal!

I am posting a picture of one of our heifer calves, a daughter of DRC 101VM who is pictured previously. Our cattle flesh easily on grass and are not pampered in the winter.

Here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and the best for the New Year!
DR72Tresave.jpg

Here with Seasons greetings from summer Down Under in NZ is our MG herd sire, Torrisdale Xtra, sired by Springwell Trumpcard (Aust.) in working condition out with the cows Dec 07, born
Sept '02 Genestar 8/8 tenderness 2/8 feed efficiency 1/8 marbling. Weight at least 2400lbs
DSC03131.jpg

and his July '06 born son Yorkvale Bingo, photo taken at age 16 months, weight about 1620lbs. Weight gain to weaning 3.4lbs/day. Weight gain /day birth to 16 month 2.6lbs.
Genestar test 8/8 tenderness, 4/8 feed efficiency and 1/8 marbling.
BingoDec071.jpg

Both entirely grass fed, summer and winter, this our summer pasture.

Beautiful bulls! I especially like the silver one...congrats!
Those are great statistics.

Thanks Jeanne, but not as much muscle as your boy.
We have just started preparing Bingo for a couple of Shows and then the National Salein May-if he comes up to scratch with a bit of grooming and feed.

Shorthornguy":2o3xhgrp said:
If 9 out of 11 calves were still born there are certainly more problems than the bull...............That sounds more like a mineral or feed problem.
I know a guy who kept having still born calves, he finally found that it was due to an old oil well leaking into his pond where the cattle drank.

DFF":cfvrs9rs said:
rocket2222":cfvrs9rs said:
This is the one I'm useing now, can't take any credit for him though, except I had enough in the checking account to get him :)
IMG_0034111.jpg

I guess this is my best home grown

DSCN0363a.jpg

How about some breeding info. I like both! DFF

First ones a DCC keymaster son out of a old WTK cow.
My home grown is by a Headliner son I had for a while, out of a homebred cow whose breeding is a mix of older lines like Graystone Granite and RB Stamana 719u.

Here are a few pics of some of my bulls. I finally got high speed internet so it makes this much easier.

Upload_1226070001.JPG

Bull calf sired by 62R out of a 517 x 412T bred cow. It going to be interesting to see how he grows out.

Upload_1226070005.JPG

Here is 0232 this winter. He's almost 6 and wiintering on the stalks. Many of you have seen him before. A lot of my heifers are AId to him.

Upload_1226070004.JPG

Boulder 62R but not a very good picture of him. He was used pretty hard here the past two years.

Thanks for looking

Brian