Pics of your herd bull

Help Support CattleToday:

How about a three year old Fullblood Red Welsh Black bull.

KG11-011407-9874_DVW133P.jpg

rkaiser":3jk0uyp9 said:

Hey rkaiser--how do your get a Red Welsh Black bull that looks red to me....You been hitting that Canuck hooch again? ;-) :lol:

rkaiser":vdzebsp2 said:
Oldtimer
Hey rkaiser--how do your get a Red Welsh Black bull that looks red to me....You been hitting that Canuck hooch again?

Quit following me around you old fart. I thought you were color blind anyway.

See if I tell you how good looking your hairy beastie is then :p Nice deep bodied bull with good muscling ....Long legs aren't any good for anything anyway- unless you're gonna enter them in the Irish Steeplechase......

Frecklesworkin.jpg

Mr. Freckles in action, sorry guys, just figured out how to post pictures and got a little excited. one or two more and I'll quit, for tonight anyway

Think of all his dingle dangle as a muscle on a bodybuilder, after a decade of working out it has reached tremendous proportions, If your 12 yr. old bulls don't have "dingle dangle" go over and tell them to wake up and quit layin under that tree next to the hayring :lol: get to work bully

rkaiser":29doz96f said:

Now HERE, Students, is a fine example of a BEEF BULL! For some of you 'newbies' who have requested a picture of a BEEF bull with good Phenotype, here is one with very few points to criticize. Nothing is perfect, and this guy could stand a little more length of body to qualify as a "Replacement-Heifer-producer", but most of the really IMPORTANT Phenotype traits are in the right places. Strong topline, great spring of rib and depth of body, long rump and deep and thick hindquarter. Good Bone and feet. It is hard to estimate his Frame size, but I put it at 5.0 - 5.3. How close am I? The curly facial and head hair indicates good libido and fertility. Smooth tail setting and adequate crest.

DOC HARRIS

That ugly little red one has a worse sheath than the old bull I guess it was cold that day, oh yeah thank you Paul T, and I don't think the old one was quite so "pendulous" when he was younger. He must be good at dodging cactus now though, throws beautiful heifers and have a couple of real nice bull calves out of him I have not figured out how to compress picture files on website so it takes a while to download but have calf pics at http://www.tehayandcattle.com

Doc, I'm sure Rkaiser will answer you in time, but that bull wouldn't make a frame 5. I've had my hands on him, and can't wait to see some of his calves first hand, he's quite a beast. When you see him in person, you realize how long he really is. That particular pic makes him look shorter bodied because of his massive depth, and the angle the photographer was on - JMO.

rkaiser":29rwtm4d said:

My family started in the cow business in 1804, my grandfather had the best show string of polled Shorthorns in the country. We now raise a composit, a good one.

That just a little history, so when I say that is one nice bull, it meens something. That is the twpe of cattle we are striving to produce. Great work on that one...

Paul Teegardin
Oakwood Stock Farm, Texas & Ohio

Thanks for the compliments folks. I looked around a bit for some measurement on the bull but came up short this morning. I know that he was the highest scoring linear measuring bull that we have raised and his frame is definitely below a 5. He weighs about 2100 pounds. Yes Doc the picture may make him look a bit short but the rib capacity makes it a bit deceiving. He was in a pen on a silage and about 10 pounds of barley ration for a couple months prior to the picture being taken. He looks the same now - if not better at the same time of year - a year older on good quality hay. This year our rising two year old sale bulls have not had any supplemental grain since birth and although they may not carry quite the flesh that this bull is obviously showing, they are looking awfully good.

We are doing some line breeding, and planning more, but this bull was a result of an out cross mating of very phenotypically similar bloodlines. We will be using him and his offspring in a further line breeding program.

If I had some of old Maurice Boney's money for advertising Doc - we might even be able to afford a trip to the stud station to have him drawn. ;-)

By the way - we had given him a bit of a trim prior to the photo. Especially taken the wool off his face. These cattle hair up almost as much as the Galloways and the hide is thick enought that the Mexicans tell us they can keep the bugs off better than most Bos Taurus breeds thay have tried.

Latest posts