How Long you been Married?

Help Support CattleToday:

Afraid the wife will not be happy with some bred heifers. She loves the farm, but the Mules are more her cup of tea than the cows. She likes the new babies and watching them but she would be happy if we had mules instead of cows. And I do not want no more Mules so that is out of the question.

I will have to find something more appropriate for a present.

Married 6 years met my wife when I was 4 and started dating her when I was 17... Been with her ever since, 14+years.. How she has put up with me that long.. woman is a saint.

Ummm, lets see now.......the first time was August 28th, 1987, in Florida, while on vacation, kinda a whim actually,the second time was April 4th, 1988, was in Perth Australia (the one she calls "for real wedding") with all her family in attendence I think..........so we celebrate two wedding anniverseries!

so I assume that makes me married something like either 19 or 20 years based upon which one was the for real wedding.

The first years was super! The few years after that were hard, cus we were both trying to wear the pants in the house, of course she won, and it's been good ever since.

We have very different life styles, and occupations, but we are so much alike when it comes to family, and social issues......very conservative on the most part.

And with the addition of our daughter 13 years ago on the 9th of this month, it was, and is like finding Nirvana!

I am so blessed. !!!!!!! :cboy:

Medic, I spent a couple of winters in Perth, Western Austraila. I thought that was heaven on earth. Was I under the wrong impression? What did you think? Who is more likely to like Perth in a honeymoon situation, the woman or the man?

Medic, when my wife and I were married 43 years ago we were as different as could be. She was liberal, I was conservative. When we voted it was a waste of time. We canceled each others vote. Now after 43 years she is more conservative than me, and thats saying something. Other than that we liked the same things; baseball, chevys, and apple pie.

rkm":2wz7h01h said:
Medic, when my wife and I were married 43 years ago we were as different as could be. She was liberal, I was conservative. When we voted it was a waste of time. We canceled each others vote. Now after 43 years she is more conservative than me, and thats saying something. Other than that we liked the same things; baseball, chevys, and apple pie.

Good Job on the conservative conversion, you are a good husband! :lol: If only people would wait till they get older and wiser to vote ;-)

1st – paper, plastic, clocks
2nd – cotton, china
3rd – leather, crystal
4th – fruit & flowers, linen/silk/nylon
5th – wood, silverware
6th – candy, iron, wood
7th – copper, wool, brass, desk set
8th – bronze, pottery, linen
9th – pottery, willow, leather
10th – tin, aluminum, diamond
11th – steel, jewelry
12th – silk, linen, pearl
13th – lace, faux fur
14th – ivory, gold
15th – crystal, glass, watches
16th – silver holloware (modern only) silver link
17th – furniture (modern only)
18th – porcelain (modern only)
19th – bronze (modern only)
20th – china, platinum
21th – brass, nickel (modern only)
22th – copper (modern only)
23th – silver plate (modern only)
24th – musical instruments (modern only)
25th – silver
26th – pictures (modern only)
27th – sculpture (modern only)
28th – orchids (modern only)
29th – furniture (modern only)
30th – pearl
31th – timepieces (modern only)
32th – items related to transportation (modern only)
33th – amethyst (modern only) amethyst earrings link
34th – opal (modern only) opal necklace link
35th – coral, jade
36th – bone china (modern only)
37th – alabasters (modern only)
38th – beryl, tourmaline (modern only) tourmaline link
39th – lace (modern only)
40th – ruby, garnet
41th – land (modern only)
42th – real estate (modern only)
43th – travel (modern only)
44th – gourmet foodstuffs (modern only)
45th – sapphire
46th – poetry (modern only)
47th – books (modern only)
48th – optical gifts (modern only)
49th – luxury goods (modern only)
50th – gold
55th – emerald, turquoise
60th – diamond, gold
75th – diamond, gold
After – diamond

Dick

I don;t see cows, rototiller, tractor, disc, mower, baler, or even pickup or shovel/pitchfork on that list. Must be for city folks

dun

dun":3kzbbcdw said:
I don;t see cows, rototiller, tractor, disc, mower, baler, or even pickup or shovel/pitchfork on that list. Must be for city folks

dun

I thought the 20th was a small backhoe or dozer?
Maybe thats a different list?

MD

dun":1hcxj2qt said:

dun

I thought the 20th was a small backhoe or dozer?
Maybe thats a different list?

MD

I think I have missed the list every year. A few that stand out was on our 14th anniversary I got the wife a Cracker box welder, and cutting torch set up. Loved that worked good for me also :D But the wife is probably best welder I have ever saw, her dad owned his own weld shop for all her life and she worked for him welding probably 11 years before I married her.

Second was our 15 anniversary, I bought her a 1965 Mustang and think she liked it more than she would have liked crystal, glass, watches :lol:

Latest posts