Herefords - LiveAuctions.tv - The National Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

WichitaLineMan":3tus06c5 said:
Idaman":3tus06c5 said:
Hereford.US - I just registerred with liveauctions and they had a fee of $20 for 1 month access. Don't know if that was in place when you called them but if not maybe they have moved your way.

I still ask why is there ANY fee? DV Auctions does not charge a fee. All fees should be borne by the seller. I can't imagine the bandwidth being that expensive as in the grand scheme of things there are only so many cattlemen out here interested in these broadcasts anyways.

What seems extra appalling if I am reading this right is that a lot of the sellers (Live TVAuction's customers) do NOT know that Live TVAuctions is charging potential buyers a fee to view the sale.

Could not agree more with all you said but I really wanted to watch the Ohlde black sale today.

On Monday I coughed up the $20 and enrolled in the Liveautions for the Ohlde Sale. Great sale lousey video, audio, and graphics I have considered asking for my money back.

Idaman":2hjyfnjx said:
On Monday I coughed up the $20 and enrolled in the Liveautions for the Ohlde Sale. Great sale lousey video, audio, and graphics I have considered asking for my money back.

Idaman, there were posts here warning you about that! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, the only reason I hadn't posted anything regarding your earlier message on here was because I wanted you to experience it - and I figured you'd find the same thing that many of us have with liveauctions.tv.

I suggest you contact LiveAuctions.TV and tell them what a crappy job they're doing and demand a refund. I also suggest that you let the Ohldes know that Liveauctions.TV did a crappy job broadcasting their sale over the Internet. In fact it was so bad that you asked for your money back!

The only way to stop this crap is be proactive. The more of us that complain - the more breeders will look elsewhere, to one of the other services, to do their sales....or liveauctions.tv will finally clean up their act and once again provide an acceptable product at a competitive price - and right now all their major competitors ARE FREE!!!! - to us viewers.

To any others out there - BEFORE you pay the liveauctions.tv ransom - remember you were warned - LOUSY VIDEO, AUDIO, and GRAPHICS!

DO NOT pay for crap!

George

Herefords.US":3fitw2rk said:
Idaman":3fitw2rk said:

Idaman, there were posts here warning you about that! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, the only reason I hadn't posted anything regarding your earlier message on here was because I wanted you to experience it - and I figured you'd find the same thing that many of us have with liveauctions.tv.

I suggest you contact LiveAuctions.TV and tell them what a crappy job they're doing and demand a refund. I also suggest that you let the Ohldes know that Liveauctions.TV did a crappy job broadcasting their sale over the Internet. In fact it was so bad that you asked for your money back!

The only way to stop this crap is be proactive. The more of us that complain - the more breeders will look elsewhere, to one of the other services, to do their sales....or liveauctions.tv will finally clean up their act and once again provide an acceptable product at a competitive price - and right now all their major competitors ARE FREE!!!! - to us viewers.

To any others out there - BEFORE you pay the liveauctions.tv ransom - remember you were warned - LOUSY VIDEO, AUDIO, and GRAPHICS!

DO NOT pay for crap!

George

I don't have a lot of experience with the other services. The one I occasionally watch is CATTLEUSA.COM. They handle a lot of local auctions. I have been very impressed with the video, audio and usually the graphics. They handle our local auction, Bloomington (WI) Livestock Exchange. Hard to imagine a large reputable breeder using a service with so many complaints when CATTLEUSA.com does what appears to be an excellent job at no charge. You have to register and log in but that is not a big thing. Their system seems to work.

Here is a link to todays auctions:

http://www.cattleusa.com/

jmho. Jim

Who was the best fieldman you ever had in your area? We were fortunate to have several good ones. Jane and I agree Claud Willett was our best ever. We think they broke the mold on him. He was a true gentleman and could walk the fine line of serving both seller and buyer. He was respected by the millionaire's and those of us in the barns. I first got acquainted with him when he was with The Drover's Telegram when it was a weekly paper and I think he was with AHA about 12 years before he retired.

1914 Hereford":31a3r5t9 said:
Who was the best fieldman you ever had in your area? We were fortunate to have several good ones. Jane and I agree Claud Willett was our best ever. We think they broke the mold on him. He was a true gentleman and could walk the fine line of serving both seller and buyer. He was respected by the millionaire's and those of us in the barns. I first got acquainted with him when he was with The Drover's Telegram when it was a weekly paper and I think he was with AHA about 12 years before he retired.

As you can see from the response, most don't seem to have a whole lot of luck with field reps. I almost had a encounter with one once. I'd called the AHA to see if they would change the papers on a heifer I had from polled to horned, kind of in a hurry as I wanted them corrected so I could list her for sale even though see was horned, I thought she was a decent heifer, I thought maybe I could sell her and make a little extra, even though you normally couldn't give them away round these parts at that time. So, after giving the lady the reg. number of the heifer, she said she didn't believe from the breeding that this heifer was horned, and that she had to be scurred. She asked me why I thought she was horned, after I'd given my explanation, she said I should talk to someone in the breed improvement office, and she put me through. After going through the whole scenario again, he also didn't believe that she was horned, and hold off on the papers, because he had a field rep coming out my way next week, and he would like for him to see this heifer. Ok, I said, I'll wait. Well about 10 days went by, and no field rep, so I called the AHA. They said he would be out here a week of Friday. Friday came around, and no rep, he had left a message saying his car had broke down, so he was running late so he would catch me on the next trip in a couple of weeks or so, thats been years ago, haven't seen him yet. In the mean time I'd had her parentage verified and also wanted her checked for the horn/polled gene, but they refused to do that test. I finally gave up and took her to the local sale barn.

This is her at around 15 months old I believe.

IMG_152211111.jpg

Like they say: "money makes the world go round". If there is nothing in it for the association then most of us smaller breeders will continue to be an afterthought for the association.

Lip service at best, or just outright ignore you at worst.

Latest posts