Herefords - LiveAuctions.tv - The National Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222":381wb1we said:
Good luck George, I'm still in the dog house at the AHA about the letter I sent when they implemented the $100 service fee a few years back, they never forget. :lol: I did watch when I bought a bull there a couple years ago, but had someone I know bid on it for me who was there, because I knew my internet satellite connection sucks for live video, it was free back then, not sure I would have payed $50 to watch. Just a thought, but if there's more than one company doing the live shows, they're probably paying a fee ( out bidding their rivals ) to broadcast it, who are they paying for the right to broardcast it, they have to recoup that to stay in business, maybe they could run commercials.

Rocket, someone needs to jerk the "good-ole-boy" network around a bit every now and then. Otherwise, they begin to think they can operate with complete impunity.

George

Another update:

I had a nice conversation with AHA Board Member David Breiner today. Apparently, my e-mail and the subsequent comments of others have generated enough interest and controversy that the Board is going to address and perhaps take a stance on this issue.

The reason that i didn't hear from any of the AHA staff personally was because David had volunteered (or been saddled) to discuss this issue with me - and he forgot! Of course, he had a sale he was putting on at about the same time, so I guess I can understand his distraction. He was very apologetic!

The AHA Board meets in Kansas City this next month for a strategic planning session. I received a survey in my e-mail regarding their meeting - and asking for my input - on March 13 from Craig Huffhines. To other AHA members, if you received this survey in your e-mail, I urge you to answer it - so the Board will know how the membership feels about where the association should allocate their time and resources in the future. If you didn't, I'd contact the AHA office and see if you can get a copy of the survey where you can have your input.

Thanks, again, to those who have made comments and helped with the effort to get the subscription fee removed in order to view the National Sale. It'll be interesting to see what develops - if anything.

George

Good work George, I have had a couple of minor issue with them over the last couple of years, basically, they just blew me off. So it's good to see you're making some headway. :clap:

I am sure why the breeders are using the service that charges for viewers. A couple years ago I was visiting with a DVauction rep and we talked about the issue of subscriptions. I told him at that time if I was a breeder and hiring someone to broadcast my sale that I would just as soon as hire the service that was going to bring me the largest viewership. He said he was glad to hear that as he told me that LiveauctionsTV was underbiding them and once they realized that they couldn't make money at their bid Liveauctions implemented the subscription policy. Apparently there are a lot of breeders out there that don't have the same idea as I do as they have kept the subcription in place. Basically this comes down to the breeders on whether they want to pay for the service or if the breeder wants the viewers to pay for this service. To me, it is almost like chargeing for dinner at your bull sale.

I can see why the National Sale is influenced by the Board but the private sales will still be up to the breeders.

George, I have a feeling the liveauctions would have just been money ahead by giving you a free subscription. Thanks for bringing this up and keeping it in the forefront.

Brian

Good job George, I'm with you on this one! I complained to Brad @ Liveauctions.tv twice before the Fraser sale and he didnt have the courtesy to even reply to me. I contacted the Canadian rep for Liveauctions.tv after I contacted Murray Fraser and told him. He had no idea they were charging this stupid subscription fee and told them to remove it. They finally removed it 2 hours before the sale and told Murray they had removed it 3 days prior. The lack of response from Brad @ Liveauctions.tv tells me that alot of people complained. I am a young guy and to me $50 is better spent elsewhere, like adding an extra $50 to a bull, or taking the girlfriend out for dinner! If they didnt remove it I doubt I would have gotten the bulls I wanted bought, and if I did I think I would have gotten ran up alot more. Was that you with the screen name GEORGE watching the Fraser sale George? I seen ACE on there. Got the two bulls I picked at Fraser's place a few weeks ago bought. Made me happier than he!!. Dad thinks our bulls feet are better, but unless he buys them he complains about everything! :D

BIZIN":e35jmg07 said:
Good job George, I'm with you on this one! I complained to Brad @ Liveauctions.tv twice before the Fraser sale and he didnt have the courtesy to even reply to me. I contacted the Canadian rep for Liveauctions.tv after I contacted Murray Fraser and told him. He had no idea they were charging this stupid subscription fee and told them to remove it. They finally removed it 2 hours before the sale and told Murray they had removed it 3 days prior. The lack of response from Brad @ Liveauctions.tv tells me that alot of people complained. I am a young guy and to me $50 is better spent elsewhere, like adding an extra $50 to a bull, or taking the girlfriend out for dinner! If they didnt remove it I doubt I would have gotten the bulls I wanted bought, and if I did I think I would have gotten ran up alot more. Was that you with the screen name GEORGE watching the Fraser sale George? I seen ACE on there. Got the two bulls I picked at Fraser's place a few weeks ago bought. Made me happier than he!!. Dad thinks our bulls feet are better, but unless he buys them he complains about everything! :D

It wasn't me watching the Fraser sale, but I'm glad you got them to remove the subscription.

I tuned into the Mill Creek sale - briefly - because I didn't remember registering for it and I got a bidder confirmation number from liveauctions.tv. that day. But that's all I've done. I skipped Colyer's sale - and I was out of town for Holden's and Cooper's sales.

I've made my decision that I'm personally going to boycott all of liveauctions.tv auctions - at least until this is resolved about our National Sale AND until Brad himself apologizes to me and admits he was wrong when he told me that HE "would rather service a bidder who was paying for the bandwidth they were using"(a subscriber) instead of someone like me who has purchased 10 head from 4 different sources and have bid on quite a few more through the years. That's just misplaced thinking on his part.

I discussed this with David Breiner today and he wanted me to send him the transcript of Brad's and my exchange on Facebook, which I've done. David said that he's personally was going to get with Brad and remind him that I was his very first customer, since I bought the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cows in the ring at Mill Creek's sale that year - which was the very first sale that liveauctions.tv did.

It's not the $50 - its the principle. And I will not accept any special consideration. I'm going to be in the very same boat with everyone else on this deal. If nothing else, we can tell everyone who's having trouble to go directly to the breeders to complain - don't bother asking liveauctions.tv for any support.

George

you must have softend brad up herefordus. i sent brad one email and he said he'd give me access to watch the fraser sale. there was only one bull i cared to see on that sale.

I sent my survey back to aha - if i was on that board and the survey results i submitted back to them was the only one they had to go by... they would be cutting alot of money on the BS end of the association. i hope they sent that deal to everyone and i wonder if everyone's opinion will be weighed the same. i hope they use it wisely - i'm about ready to just become a pedigree breeder and just register my replacements. I think i used up every alloted character space in every comment section of that survey - probably a little ruff around the edges but i told them exactly what i think. They can get rid of all our field service for all i care. The association is a joke in my mind and there hasn't been anyone on that deal for a long time that isn't out for number 1.

They will get a kick out of mine. I had been working on a corporate tax return for about 13 hours that day and when I was about to leave the office, I checked my emails and saw the survey. I let em have it with both barrels. Basically told 'em they weren't worth a squirt of piss!

And all that 10-1 crap. They should have let you have more spots for : "that crap is NOT IMPORTANT".

A person used to get some value from the fieldmen. Then they would only visit you to sell a journal ad. Then they starting just calling to get an ad. It is to the point now they are only there to cater to the big boys

WichitaLineMan":3f0heu44 said:
They will get a kick out of mine. I had been working on a corporate tax return for about 13 hours that day and when I was about to leave the office, I checked my emails and saw the survey. I let em have it with both barrels. Basically told 'em they weren't worth a squirt of be nice!

And all that 10-1 crap. They should have let you have more spots for : "that crap is NOT IMPORTANT".

I suspect they're going to be a lot like our U.S. Congress and give us a lot of what THEY want without too much regard to what WE want!

I left a lot of of those 10-1 items blank because of their unimportance to me. Like you, I think they needed a "that crap is NOT IMPORTANT" answer. If I'd thought of that, I'd included that suggestion in one of my comment boxes.

This fieldman access and involvement intrigues me. You'd think those guys would be reaching out to the membership. That was one suggestion that I had for them.

George

Herefords.US":3tx7n8d5 said:
Hereford76":3tx7n8d5 said:
They can get rid of all our field service for all i care.

How long has it been since you've had a AHA fieldman come to your place?

George

I havent ever had one even contact me. I tried to get ahold of one last fall for the hereford verified tags and all the bs that goes with that and they wouldnt return my call. I dont run 100 head or more and I am sure I am not important.

I would think they would want to help the association by having there field men out and talking to the newer members.

How do you get a survey?

JHH":19pxqitz said:
How do you get a survey?

I think you have to be on their e-mail list - you might try to contact them if you aren't. If you aren't I'd suggest signing up for it - they are pretty selective in what they send out and don't spam you.

George

Herefords.US":17w66b0p said:
Hereford76":17w66b0p said:
They can get rid of all our field service for all i care.

How long has it been since you've had a AHA fieldman come to your place?

George

The last one was Dietzy.

edited: deleted cause it was all negative

sorry i vented. just got done pulling a couple calves back to back

nope - i don't know that i will use that bull. although i seen a son of him born this spring that is probably as good of a bull i've seen in awhile.... i think this son will be heard about soon. i offered to buy him as a calf but they told me he wouldn't leave the place. 157K was in my corral for about a month and a half.

the two calves i pulled were both backwards. i've also been had on some female purchases last fall and i'm tired of guys saying whatever they want to tell you when you are in the market.

Hereford76":3g5l2fpy said:
nope - i don't know that i will use that bull. although i seen a son of him born this spring that is probably as good of a bull i've seen in awhile.... i think this son will be heard about soon. i offered to buy him as a calf but they told me he wouldn't leave the place. 157K was in my corral for about a month and a half.

the two calves i pulled were both backwards. i've also been had on some female purchases last fall and i'm tired of guys saying whatever they want to tell you when you are in the market.

I dare bet we all have a story or two like that, I know I do.
Getting back to the field man, Iowa didn't even have one for years, it just said call the main office.

iowa hawkeyes":ewycx8jh said:
Getting back to the field man, Iowa didn't even have one for years, it just said call the main office.

That's kinda like "The check is in the mail"

Hereford.US - I just registerred with liveauctions and they had a fee of $20 for 1 month access. Don't know if that was in place when you called them but if not maybe they have moved your way.

Idaman":11tsdfx2 said:
Hereford.US - I just registerred with liveauctions and they had a fee of $20 for 1 month access. Don't know if that was in place when you called them but if not maybe they have moved your way.

I still ask why is there ANY fee? DV Auctions does not charge a fee. All fees should be borne by the seller. I can't imagine the bandwidth being that expensive as in the grand scheme of things there are only so many cattlemen out here interested in these broadcasts anyways.

What seems extra appalling if I am reading this right is that a lot of the sellers (Live TVAuction's customers) do NOT know that Live TVAuctions is charging potential buyers a fee to view the sale.

Latest posts