Friendly bull

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady":3uizm90c said:
TazHorns.jpg
[/img]

Sorry.. you'll never convince me that all bulls are mean an unpredictable. I still think it has a LOT to do with how they are handled, what their temperment is, and the handler being careful, as anyone should be with something that big.. cows included.

For crying out loud you don't have to risk your life trying to win a debate. You appear to be an attractive lady, surely you don't need to do that in order to get attention. It doesn't matter how gentle a bull is supposed to be, what on earth would possess you to climb on his back? I hate to see antics like that. It's the same mentality as Russian Roulette or playing chicken out on some back road. You are truly playing with fire and you certainly will get burned one of these days. Please come to your senses.

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":38o03b42 said:
For crying out loud you don't have to risk your life trying to win a debate. You appear to be an attractive lady, surely you don't need to do that in order to get attention. It doesn't matter how gentle a bull is supposed to be, what on earth would possess you to climb on his back? I hate to see antics like that. It's the same mentality as Russian Roulette or playing chicken out on some back road. You are truly playing with fire and you certainly will get burned one of these days. Please come to your senses.

Craig-TX

I really lost some respect here, flirting with danger.

Ever wonder if bulls get a wiff of a woman there's a possibility that similar smells may be detected as in a cycling brood? Sounds crazy but I've seen it happen with horses. Case in point?

BullLady --- I'm also guilty of getting a little too friendly with my bull, but not THAT friendly. I have enjoyed reading your posts in the past and would like to continue to do so. If you feel you must do things such as the picture shows, won't you at least consider doing it only with a POLLED bull?? And not out in the middle (apparently) of a pasture?

Headlines from a local Central Texas newspaper"

Woman Killed while apparently trying to prove a point to strangers

Medics at the site of the incident say the bull she was being "friendly" with rolled over on top of her and fell asleep. Local firemen could not waken the 2200lb animal to rescue the victim.

What a variety of opions. Never dreamed this post would stir such a debate. I will always have my guard up after hearing some of these war stories, thats for sure. I dont believe I'll treat my bull any differently though, I'll just watch him like a lion!

P.S. As for the bull lady, well what can I say! To each her own.

Thanks,
Rod

bull lady, apparently me and you are not cattle ranchers. we are pet owners according to some of the cattle gurus on this board. I never thought one would get such critisim for the care of an animal. a bull is no more dangerous than driving when you are tired,flying,or many hobbies we all partake in.some of you more smart people try to do some research about death rates of auto accidents,plane crashes,dwi and compare it to bull deaths.> im not saying that I sleep with my bull but when I go in his pen to deed him I will pet him. I don;t spend more than 1 minute with them but they get my attention when I am around them. Why would so many on this board accuse someone of being stupid for loving their animal. not all bulls want to be touched. I leave it up to the individual bull. you guys make it out to be that the people who touch their cattle just jump in with any and all cattle and ride them. don't be critical of where one draws his or her enjoyment of thier animals.

My uncle was a pet owner until the 7 year old bull that he had raised on a bottle and petted all those years mashed him in the ground one day. Took him a while to recover.

Some would say he didn't know how to handle him....... I guess he change his technique and the bull didn't like it.

Pet-um if you want to.

plbcattle":1jp69v04 said:
bull lady, apparently me and you are not cattle ranchers. we are pet owners according to some of the cattle gurus on this board. I never thought one would get such critisim for the care of an animal. a bull is no more dangerous than driving when you are tired,flying,or many hobbies we all partake in.some of you more smart people try to do some research about death rates of auto accidents,plane crashes,dwi and compare it to bull deaths.> im not saying that I sleep with my bull but when I go in his pen to deed him I will pet him. I don;t spend more than 1 minute with them but they get my attention when I am around them. Why would so many on this board accuse someone of being stupid for loving their animal. not all bulls want to be touched. I leave it up to the individual bull. you guys make it out to be that the people who touch their cattle just jump in with any and all cattle and ride them. don't be critical of where one draws his or her enjoyment of thier animals.

Love ..............The word you should be concerned with is respect.......for the animal and the jam he could put you into....
Do you not get the fact that a bull could be playing with you and still kill you.....but you do your thing I.ll do mine..

One last thing how many kids are going to see that picture of bullLady and the bull..........Then go off and try that.........

D.R. Cattle
you said: Ever wonder if bulls get a wiff of a woman there's a possibility that similar smells may be detected as in a cycling brood?

I asked that same question to a Simmi breeder this year, when I got my bull. He said "no." I have also been told by horse breeders this is danger time for women around the stallions.

Ok.. one more thing and then I'm going to let this thread die a slow and painful death!

What are your opinions on the folks that have the bulls / steers at the fairs and livestock shows that take the pictures of your kids on him for $25? Do you think that is dangerous and stupid ?

What about this:
http://www.lonesomelonghorn.com

As far as "kids seeing this and trying it".. that's totally off the wall! That would be like a kid watching Fear Factor and jumping off a building. Hopefully kids and their parents would be smart enough to determine what's safe and what isn't.

We all have different opinions on this board.. that's one of the things that makes it fun and unique, and gives everyone something to thing about.. someone else's opinion.

I don't expect everyone to agree with what I do or my practices, just as I don't agree with everyone here. Just someone else's point of view.

PLB.. I agree with your perception. I have a hard time with the concept that everyone that owns a bull is going to get killed or gored or maimed by the animal. Of course there are people that get hurt.. but people get hurt from other things all the time. For every person that's been hurt by a bull, there are hundreds of others that have NOT been.

kjerckie":nei6az94 said:
D.R. Cattle
you said: Ever wonder if bulls get a wiff of a woman there's a possibility that similar smells may be detected as in a cycling brood?

I asked that same question to a Simmi breeder this year, when I got my bull. He said "no."

He is full of CRA.P

for the smell of a women, I also own one of the largest deer breeding facilities in the US. We have close to 1000 deer. I know for a fact that whitetail bucks will get extremely aggressive around a women that is in her time of the month. the hormones that are produced by any animal or women are under the same hormone principals. I would have to agree that a bull would get a little testy around a women that is in her special time of month. we have used womens tampons(used) for experiments and unused and teh deer will go crazy over the used one with the extra hormones. I know that sounds gross but it was a little in house test. if all we have to worry about our kids doing what teh bull lady does< i would much rather them do that than mimic the pacers/pistons actions.

bulllady .............As far as "kids seeing this and trying it".. that's totally off the wall! That would be like a kid watching Fear Factor and jumping off a building. Hopefully kids and their parents would be smart enough to determine what's safe and what isn't.

How longs its been since you been a kid. Did you ask your parents everytime you did something you should,nt of.

I know an old gent that has totaled probably 5 cars and lived through them all, almost w/o a scratch. Was out riding an old nag of a horse one day, was dumped and got buggered up pretty good. Now is in a wheel chair. He put too much trust in that horse and became too relaxed that day.

certherfbeef":kpgfk73w said:
kjerckie":kpgfk73w said:
D.R. Cattle

I asked that same question to a Simmi breeder this year, when I got my bull. He said "no."

He is full of CRA.P

Who's full of caca...me or the Simmi breeder?

D.R. Cattle":37rx2mmx said:
Who's full of caca...me or the Simmi breeder?

Sorry D.R., the simmy breeder is. :oops: :oops: :oops: Too much to drink last night I reckon. Sorry.

O.K., I will take this 'special time' advice to heart and be a lot more careful around him. Thank you for being so open about this. You folks are great.

plbcattle":20jfidbh said:
we have used womens tampons(used) for experiments and unused and teh deer will go crazy over the used one with the extra hormones. I know that sounds gross but it was a little in house test.
You're right! It sounds gross. How do you know it was "hormones" and not just the blood? Did you do a control with just plain blood? I'll have to admit that it makes you sound kinda weird. But I'm sure that's just me. :D

Latest posts