Friendly bull

Help Support CattleToday:

bolsen wrote:
700 head takes 5 weeks to halter break them all when you have your local 4-h and ffa chapters come out and do it for ya so go ahead throw the BS flag no one cares here.

Actually, Ol' Camp has quite a lot of creditability 'round here. As for you...just keep talking and you will gain a fair amount creditalility all your own!!

By the way? What FFA Chapter was that that breaks your bulls for you? I don't want any kids I know out there. :mad: :mad:
Do you have good insurance, that sure is quite a liability :shock: :shock:

You know I really don't care how much credibility anyone has around here. Fact of the matter is that I know what I am talking about and I was simply replying to the post and if you don't like what you read and think it's BS then don't read it. i know it's true and so do all the people that work for me. So your opinions do not matter let alone count. I've been raising show cattle for a long time and anyone else who has knows that it doesn't take long to break 700 head. We do it on the King Ranch all the time. But you obviously know it all don't you camp. You've seen it all and you know it all right? Well let me tell you you're wrong.

bolsen":22oh9yun said:
....about 6-700 head of those bulls are all 1-2 yr old bulls that our kids halter break and show and then the bulls go on later to the bull tests and then into our feed pens for weight gain tests.
Pretty big showstring. Big shows, huh? If your bulls are in good enough shape to show, what do you have to gain by then sending them on to bull tests. And then doing your own gain tests. What have you learned about 600 to 700 bulls after all of that feed?

Bolsen, Would you happen to have any pictures you would be willing to share?
There is a thread that has been started where folks have been posting pictures of the favorite cow that they own. I would really like to see some of your stock.

Our kids show the bulls if you must know and we do gain test to ensure that we get adequite gain on all of our bulls we track them at 3-4 lbs of gain a day it helps us determine what we need to improve on and there is a whole set of tests the bulls go through before we send them to other herds. And if you new anything about the King Ranch then you'd know that they do the most extensive testing to date. Our bulls are dry lotted from weighning till they are 18-20 months old.

bolsen,

Let me at least welcome you to the board! Your first post really got alot of attention. Some of these "cattlemen" really love to hammer people. Don't let it bother you, as I tell my wife "don't know anyone on this board... Okalahoma Sam could be a 74 yr cross dresser from New Jersy".

As I read folks post I get a pretty good feel who they are and what they are about, so don't let this detour you from participating on this board you'll get to know who's who. If your true to your word, your knowledge of the cattle industry will be a benefit for this board.

Welcome,
Alan

I trully hope so so cause thats all im trying to do is share my knowledge with anyone who wants to hear it

Banger do people really talk like that any more? I thought three yrs of school'n would fix that.

I see you have 4 post...you would be signing on as a different name would you caustic

Alan

Alan":14b6o2gp said:
Banger do people really talk like that any more? I thought three yrs of school'n would fix that.

I see you have 4 post...you would be signing on as a different name would you caustic

Alan

Son you couldn't walk across the ground I plow. Education comes in more forms than spelling, might do you a little good to listen to your elders or betters. Mans spelling might not be the best but he sure had a lot of truth in his words. Thats what counts in my neck of the woods.

Caustic,

Banger do people really talk like that any more
?

I wasn't picking on your spelling, the first word in my post was "banger" and I didn't ask "do people spell like that?" I just wonder if you and banger may be the same person? How do you know your my elder?

A couple of you guys have once again formed a posse and going after a "newbie" you know nothing about. The use of board is not limited to "the posse". In your words Caustic is that how a "TRUE CATTLEMAN" would act? You guys welcomed milkmaid, this was a nice welcome for bolsen, what happened to taking a man for his word until he proves himself not worthy of respect. Yea true cattleman alright.

Like I said "it don't take long to figure out who's who." Yes once again a couple of the good boys (gals) have gotten under my skin. This isn't to offend anbody it's the way it is.

Alan

Ok First off I just want to appologize to anyone that I offended that wasn't my intention. I appologize for even questioning any of yalls credibility but yall never did even take into account my credibility for the simple fact that I threw in numbers. Ok if you read the origional post it had nothing to do with numbers at all. What it was saying was that I have and do raise a high amount of bulls and have never had one problem with any of them for the simple fact that we do halter break all of our cattle I know there are alot of people and alot of operations that halter break every animal on there spread.

Alan":2e06fofd said:
Caustic,

Banger do people really talk like that any more
?

I wasn't picking on your spelling, the first word in my post was "banger" and I didn't ask "do people spell like that?" I just wonder if you and banger may be the same person? How do you know your my elder?

A couple of you guys have once again formed a posse and going after a "newbie" you know nothing about. The use of board is not limited to "the posse". In your words Caustic is that how a "TRUE CATTLEMAN" would act? You guys welcomed milkmaid, this was a nice welcome for bolsen, what happened to taking a man for his word until he proves himself not worthy of respect. Yea true cattleman alright.

Like I said "it don't take long to figure out who's who." Yes once again a couple of the good boys (gals) have gotten under my skin. This isn't to offend anbody it's the way it is.

Alan

I have no idea who this banger fellow is. Good Ole boy is a good thing down here , I guess you have to be from the south to understand. As far as your elder were you running cattle in the seventies. You were picking on this banger fellow because of his spelling man had a lot of truth in what he was saying. Didn't hit the board as a know it all or bragging.

Alan":2a3zkh64 said:
A couple of you guys have once again formed a posse and going after a "newbie" you know nothing about.........Yes once again a couple of the good boys (gals) have gotten under my skin. This isn't to offend anbody it's the way it is.
Alan, that's just what you did with banger, isn't it? Went after him about his education and the way he talked because he was a newbie and you disagreed with him?
Alan":2a3zkh64 said:

Not meaning to offend you, Alan. It's the way it is. A double standard for you?

banger called me a "blustery blowhole" for doing nothing more than welcoming bolsen and trying to tell him not to give up on this board. Some folks where ganging up on him and raking him over the coals for saying something that may be hard to believe but who's to say it not true and it was his first post.

Because of bangers statement to me, it doesn't make my statement a double standard. Although once again it got under my skin and I lowered myself to that level. (name calling)

Why pound on someone like "the posse" does just because you may not agree, why not let them prove it or bury themselves?

Alan

Got to tell stories from my area. 1 lady was cleaning free stall (holstein cattle). Bull was a bottle raised pet. Killed her. Reported she was having period and it provoked (?) bull. 2 Neighbor got ribs broke by 7 yr. friendly holstein bull. 3 Couple years ago, man sent 8 yr. old daughter to get the cows for milking. Holstein bull killed her. Had just got bull from a dealer. 4 I got a real good lesson on don't go into pasture without a big stick years ago by yearling angus bull--it hurt.

Latest posts