Do You Like Getting Older??

Help Support CattleToday:

Only a few things I would have done differently.
Watched rodeo from the bleachers.
Bought a cab tractor sooner.
Bought a skid steer sooner.

None are regrets, just simple changes.

Some days when I get up out of bed, I feel like I'm 18.... and MOST days when I get out of bed, I feel like I'm 118!!! :roll:

Truth is I'm somewhere in the middle but I DANG sure would have taken better care of my back when I was younger had I known I'd pay for it every day when I got to THIS age!! :nod:

I am content with getting older. I would not be who I am today had I not gone through what I have. I would not love and appreciate the good man I have NOW, had I not learned from some bad ones.

And I know what is truly important in my life after all of these years, after worrying about so much trivial crap that I couldn't control but learned from.

I can only hope I get MUCH older, and be blessed to watch my grandkids and great grandkids grow and prosper, and they, in turn, get older also.

:tiphat:

Tim/South":1dbdeo5h said:

Amen on the rodeo from the bleachers, what ever possessed me to do it I haven't a clue.
That 10 feet tall and bullet proof wears off.

Caustic Burno":2gtghcr5 said:
Tim/South":2gtghcr5 said:

Amen on the rodeo from the bleachers, what ever possessed me to do it I haven't a clue.
I see it differently. If I had it to do over again I would just try to do more of it.
I'm glad for my rodeo days and for a few other things I did and wish I could still do.

Ryder I had a blast bull riding and was decent my running buddy at the time went pro and was dang good.
I am paying for my transgressions of my youth now, my running partner got crippled up bad before it was over.
It is kinda like playing Russian roulette it is not if but when. I rode or hung on how ever you want to look at a bunch, all was good.
Then one night a big Braford ate my lunch due to an equipment malfunction. Trust me he looked much better when I was riding him versus him riding me.

Caustic Burno":2m2c6bem said:
Tim/South":2m2c6bem said:

The lines from two different Chris Ledoux songs came to mind when I read this. "If I had it to do over I wouldn't have drove so slow." and "I would rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle than a lifetime of watching from the stands." I broke a few bones doing it but I don't regret them one bit. If I do have regrets in life it would have to do with the choices I have made regarding women. I ran past some good ones and made some pretty poor choices. As a result at 62 I will probably spend the rest of my life living alone which with all kidding aside hurts a bunch more than a few broken bones and sore joints.

The lines from two different Chris Ledoux songs came to mind when I read this. "If I had it to do over I wouldn't have drove so slow." and "I would rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle than a lifetime of watching from the stands." I broke a few bones doing it but I don't regret them one bit. If I do have regrets in life it would have to do with the choices I have made regarding women. I ran past some good ones and made some pretty poor choices. As a result at 62 I will probably spend the rest of my life living alone which with all kidding aside hurts a bunch more than a few broken bones and sore joints.[/quote]

It's never too late Dave. Keep shopping that store never closes. There's some pretty good ole gals out there who would like to meet a man who may have learned his lesson.........and some of them have land :cowboy:

Come on Dave girlfriends are easy to find at your age. My Dad found one and he was married for 58 years. He's 87 and she's 85 and they enjoy each other alot.

Dave, change your attitude to more positive and you will see a difference. You don't get on a bull or bronc expecting to lose. If you do you are a goner. think it is the same in matters of the heart.
I'm told they like a man with self confidence. Just cowboy up and go for it.

Ryder":125qeqmc said:
Dave, change your attitude to more positive and you will see a difference. You don't get on a bull or bronc expecting to lose. If you do you are a goner. think it is the same in matters of the heart.
I'm told they like a man with self confidence. Go for it.

Just having a wreck of a week...... Be better in a while.

Lots of women looking for a pretty man like yourself Dave.
Just got to shop in the right places.
You know what makes a pretty man on this board, one with income.

Dave I hope your heart heals, and things turn around for you quick. :tiphat:

There is a good woman for you... when you find her, don't let the past taint how you feel, how you treat her.
Don't let past hurts cause you pain now. It's hard to be open to good things, when the bad things close you down.

Stay positive!

Caustic Burno":qk0svge5 said:
Ryder I had a blast bull riding and was decent my running buddy at the time went pro and was dang good.
I am paying for my transgressions of my youth now, my running partner got crippled up bad before it was over.
It is kinda like playing Russian roulette it is not if but when. I rode or hung on how ever you want to look at a bunch, all was good.
Then one night a big Braford ate my lunch due to an equipment malfunction. Trust me he looked much better when I was riding him versus him riding me.
I hear what you are saying.
Getting throwed down never bothered me much. But them walking on me once I was down was a problem.
That is one of the reasons I quit. I was slow and was slow getting out of the way.
You are xactly right---Not "if" But "when".

grow old disgracefully someone once said and why not? have fun look back occasionally but don't weep for your youth as this only makes for bitterness of what's to come. be thankful for what you have and don't worry about what you don't have, we all have had knocks in life but that's what makes us what we are. stronger and more knowledgable, if we went back with hindsight would we do things differently probably not as it would make us a different person and I for one would not want to change my life. and would/is hindsight be such a wonderful thing?

denvermartinfarms":17wa4bmg said:
I don't care for getting older, I would like to go back 10 years and do it again. Not that I haven't loved every minute of my life, there's just so many thing I could have done different.

But without retaining the knowledge learned by the way you did things the first time around, likely you would do them the same way the second time around....you need the lessons learned in the past to make better decisions going forward. The past is the past...leave it their and don't waste worry on it...instead use that knowledge gained from the past on the future. And remember to thank God for those "unanswered prayers" for one day you may realize they were answered. :nod:

I'm officially old. Yesterday I let the clinic gals talk me into my very first prostate exam. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously guys, while not something I would want to have done often, it really ain't as bad as I imagined. If you're 50+, get checked out now so you can head off potential problems down the road.

John SD":3lt1vqte said:
I'm officially old. Yesterday I let the clinic gals talk me into my very first prostate exam. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously guys, while not something I would want to have done often, it really ain't as bad as I imagined. If you're 50+, get checked out now so you can head off potential problems down the road.
That was a very good idea and to all who think that's embarrassing or uncomfortable... The alternative is a lot worse. My x had been diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer and stage 4 liver cancer ... he under went surgery for the prostate cancer and it was a complete success, but the recovery sucked. So even IF you get a scare like that.. it only means you are down and not out :) Please go get your exam.. :) * my x passed away from the liver cancer, he may have beaten it too if he didn't love the booze more * His battles were witnessed not only by me but, by our 2 kids who are now fatherless at ages 13 n 14 ... super big hugs :)

Latest posts