What makes a footprint like this?

Help Support CattleToday:

Found these across my backyard last night. The footprints are about 2/3 the size of my 10 and 1/2 shoe. The spacing between steps is around 5 ft coming from a woven wire fence that has not been touched but I can't see tracks on the other side due to brush.
Any ideas?
View attachment 39725
Duckbill platypusIMG_5492.jpeg

No, it would still look like a deer track. The toes would usually be splayed out, but it would still look like a deer track. When you say the fence wasn't touched, what do you mean? I'm not sure how bears cross woven wire fence, I assume they climb over or under? Maybe climb the post and then jump down?
I've never seen a bear in the act of climbing a fence, but from what I understand from those that have is that they climb up a post and go over.
We have some places that I think they have gone under fences where it's higher off the ground like over a branch or a washout area. I've seen tracks in and along a branch in a couple different places.

It doesn't look like any bear track to me. Maybe a hind foot but there would be a more round front track. Looks kinda like where a rabbit was sitting on its haunches. The 5' part throws a lot off. Anything over head because it also looks kinda like when snow drops off of a branch etc. really need to see a picture of the line to figure out.

A running rabbit can have a 5' stride, but the print would look different vs sitting. The feet would be spread out with 4 individual prints when running. Squirrels are similar but smaller feet of course. Could be that the snow has made some details hard to see.

It doesn't look like any bear track to me. Maybe a hind foot but there would be a more round front track. Looks kinda like where a rabbit was sitting on its haunches. The 5' part throws a lot off. Anything over head because it also looks kinda like when snow drops off of a branch etc. really need to see a picture of the line to figure out.
Yes, we need more information. We need an amateur video of a 70ish year old woman in a pair of too tight shorts, sleeveless shirt and flip flops, smoking a Marlboro Light.
She should be seen in the video walking along the mystery tracks, pointing and waving at the them (with the same hand she's holding the cigarette in) with the same enthusiasm of child playing hide-and-go-seek.

There should be a narrator remarking about her every move (oh, almost forgot; she should be a bit portly).

Okay we've set the stage. Time for performers.

Yes, we need more information. We need an amateur video of a 70ish year old woman in a pair of too tight shorts, sleeveless shirt and flip flops, smoking a Marlboro Light.
She should be seen in the video walking along the mystery tracks, pointing and waving at the them (with the same hand she's holding the cigarette in) with the same enthusiasm of child playing hide-and-go-seek.

There should be a narrator remarking about her every move (oh, almost forgot; she should be a bit portly).

Thats disturbingly specific…

Hey, that ain't the only spectacular things we have going on around here. You should see uncle Stan during the primitive rut, and listen to his locally famous calling sounds for female Bigfoots. It's hilarious and downright spooky at the same time:ROFLMAO:
Oh no thank you.

No, it would still look like a deer track. The toes would usually be splayed out, but it would still look like a deer track. When you say the fence wasn't touched, what do you mean? I'm not sure how bears cross woven wire fence, I assume they climb over or under? Maybe climb the post and then jump down?
The tracks start at an old woven wire fence that have never been mashed down like something climbed it.

Well my granny is long been in the grave, otherwise she'd be perfect for the part except garrett snuff instead of marlboro.

(Never mind. I missed the'portly' part.)

Now we know it is moving East. From Camden @4hfarms to Middle Tn @shaz . I had better lock my calves up. It will be here by tomorrow. You had better be careful too @ClinchValley86.

View attachment 39741
Seeing that cat made me remember that men have been seeing large cats in our area, West TN. They went to the Wildlife people and told them they were seeing large cats and wanted to know if they had been turned loose in our area? At first they told them no, so these men told them, that there were out there and the wildlife people told them that they did not see what they thought they saw. So, they said, "We will shoot them and bring them to you." Then the Wildlife people started back peddling and told them they were turned loose in the area to help depopulate the deer as we were getting over run. And they were not to shoot the cats as they were protected. These were not close to where I live. Fast forward a year and on the other side of the Forked Deer River far from where they were spotted; a man had a few horses, and a large cat got hold of one of the horses and killed it. They knew it was a large cat after they came in and inspected it, as deep wide claws, but I can say that I like the big cats and want them to stay where they are supposed to. But, if I catch them on one of my cows or my horses I be calling the wildlife agency to come get their cat if they want to stuff him. Lord, let me have good aim and not hit the cow or the horse!!!! I would freak out to see one taking Joe down. I will serve my time.
I remember when I rode horses with a girl and they heard a commotion and the horse screamed, and they ran out there, and the horse was wild. They got him up and he had large claw marks on his rump. Not a Bob cat either. Everyone was shocked that it happened here. This was in the late 60's. You know, in the 1900's. Ha-ha-ha!! Dang if we aren't getting so far past that time that we really are going to have to explain it like that.

Now that I think about it, I have a feeling that those cats to the North of me were not the only ones released. The ones to the South are different ones