Black Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":3w00rz1l said:
dun":3w00rz1l said:
Maybe you shoud start the Demetrius Association. Only the sorriest animals need apply.

That caused me to loose my dip I had forgot about him, now thats funny.
How could anyone forget the magnificent Demetrius. He was a standard to go by. If they were worse then him they should just be shot

It seems that there is a real dis like for BLACK among some people weather they raise Herefords or not, Black Herefords could easily be the way of the furture, even if you REAL herefords breeders like it or not....

It has been not so long ago that everything said here about BLACK HEREFORDS was said about POLLED HEREFORDS and much worst, fact is there is still people who do not like the polls, but guess what, THEY ARE APART OF THE BREED BOOKS NOW...so I think the Blacks will do well also.

Because just liked polled , the blacks have their place, and are want by many people..It looks like RED cattle people would surly understand this, A homo Black Hereford, will give you Black Baldies, and many agree they are super cows and bring good money....

Take Red angus breeders, They can use a BLACK HEREFORD on their cow and get black baldies ,as long as the market demands Black Hide cattle, without changing their herd..Pull the bull, put a RED bull in and you right back to red...

I also think that a Gelbvieh/Hereford that is a (HOMO) black white face , would make a great terminial Bulls,on red , Black Baldies or just plain old Black Angus...

It would just be another route for the hereford Breeders to choose, and I see it a very good one that is foolish for the Hereford folks not to support...

Making black baldies has never been an issue. Pretty easy to do if it suits your fancy.

As for the rest, "if it aint broke, don't fix it."

Hey CB, if you recall a few years back we tried to start the American Black Baldy Association, ABBA (not to be confused with the 70's rock band). Was to be the reg. breed of the future, any animal could qualify..... for a price. Seems to me after a dozen or so posts it was moved from the breeds board to the coffee shop by a unamussed mod.

So if the ABBA is going to get reborn I want a piece.

Alan

Alan":r5r6i64r said:
Hey CB, if you recall a few years back we tried to start the American Black Baldy Association, ABBA (not to be confused with the 70's rock band). Was to be the reg. breed of the future, any animal could qualify..... for a price. Seems to me after a dozen or so posts it was moved from the breeds board to the coffee shop by a unamussed mod.

Alan
Just combine them with the Demetrius Association, that way you can collect twice as much money for 2 registrations

dun":3mko2nzd said:
Alan":3mko2nzd said:

Alan
Just combine them with the Demetrius Association, that way you can collect twice as much money for 2 registrations

If we can do it I'd be proud to have Demetrius as ABBA reg. #1..... for the right price.

Alan":1w2h9u5h said:
dun":1w2h9u5h said:
Alan":1w2h9u5h said:

Alan

If we can do it I'd be proud to have Demetrius as ABBA reg. #1..... for the right price.
For the unfortunates that haven;t had the pleasure of seeing Demetrius:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21170&p=210208&hilit=demetrius#p210208

Alan":3jo5fdn0 said:

Alan
OK guys. Enough is enough. No way in he!! would I want some like those things ever associated with my cattle. Even if it just the initials. ABBA; American Brahman Breeders Association. Or maybe Alan is really Frankie just trying to get me back. :lol2:

alftn":2qsy42vs said:
It seems that there is a real dis like for BLACK among some people weather they raise Herefords or not, Black Herefords could easily be the way of the furture, even if you REAL herefords breeders like it or not....

It has been not so long ago that everything said here about BLACK HEREFORDS was said about POLLED HEREFORDS and much worst, fact is there is still people who do not like the polls, but guess what, THEY ARE APART OF THE BREED BOOKS NOW...so I think the Blacks will do well also.

Because just liked polled , the blacks have their place, and are want by many people..It looks like RED cattle people would surly understand this, A homo Black Hereford, will give you Black Baldies, and many agree they are super cows and bring good money....

Take Red angus breeders, They can use a BLACK HEREFORD on their cow and get black baldies ,as long as the market demands Black Hide cattle, without changing their herd..Pull the bull, put a RED bull in and you right back to red...

I also think that a Gelbvieh/Hereford that is a (HOMO) black white face , would make a great terminial Bulls,on red , Black Baldies or just plain old Black Angus...

It would just be another route for the hereford Breeders to choose, and I see it a very good one that is foolish for the Hereford folks not to support...

Kinda funny to me, this thread, I just heard a guy say last night he was going to breed his herd (ai) to a black hereford. herfor

novatech":1dakpw1f said:
Alan":1dakpw1f said:

Alan
OK guys. Enough is enough. No way in he!! would I want some like those things ever associated with my cattle. Even if it just the initials. ABBA; American Brahman Breeders Association. Or maybe Alan is really Frankie just trying to get me back. :lol2:

Why not as we have put Angus genetics into every breed and BSed ourselves that they are black breeds that never exsisted. What we have is a septic tank of screwed up genetics might as well use old Demetrius so we can breed true crap into everything. There is nothing wrong with Angus or a composite like Brangus to fit an enviroment.
If you like black run these breeds and quite screwing up really good breeds of cattle to get hair color. Run a terminal Angus bull or Brangus to get black calf's just quit messing up the gene pool or we are going to have the beef industry as screwed up as the dairy.

Now Novatech if you try to turn them Brimmers Black I am coming with a Model 97 to talk your not that far away.

CB, I dare you - no - I double dog dare you - to start a white angus thread! We've got the black herfs and we got the black char going. It is time for white angus - sort of like the miracle white buffalo thing.

:D

I can see I am going to have to devote even more of the productive hours in my day to keeping up with these boards. Thinking there is huge profit potential in registering and charging dues and fees on every POS out there, so that the owners could think they were producing something great. Early on in this thread I "crashed" my new laptop to the floor in my rush to get down to the patent office to copyright the CCBAWW (Crappy Cattle Breeders Association World Wide) only to find many of the long time posters here are charter boardmembers. @ :cboy: :tiphat:

AudieWyoming":1vvm0g9q said:
I can see I am going to have to devote even more of the productive hours in my day to keeping up with these boards. Thinking there is huge profit potential in registering and charging dues and fees on every POS out there, so that the owners could think they were producing something great. Early on in this thread I "crashed" my new laptop to the floor in my rush to get down to the patent office to copyright the CCBAWW (Crappy Cattle Breeders Association World Wide) only to find many of the long time posters here are charter boardmembers. @ :cboy: :tiphat:

All you have to have are some cows, a story, a computer, and a good printer and you can start selling "Registered" cattle these days. Every large commercial cattleman ought to start their own breed. Given that some breeds today aren't just one color, can be a variable mix of other breeds, and some like "Black Hereford" aren't even necessarily related to each other, a good commercial ranch with a bunch of 93% sisters probably could field just as good a product as some of these breeds are. The revenue stream from selling new registrations, memberships, AI certificates, transfers, breed merchandise, breed conventions, advertising on the web site, a newsletter, herd inventorys, pocket herdbooks, toys, branded beef, etc would probably be worth the hassle.

Report this postReply with quoteby Matt on Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:18 pm

Also animals bread to be freaks are often weaker and less profitable.

Matt might be smarter than some of you gave him credit for. :shock:

JHH":1jzraa2g said:

Like I said before (several times) ...every now and then EVEN Matt could get one right!

But I'm not sure what "freaks" has to do with "Black Herefords". It was good to see Craig Ludwig make a few comments as well. One comment made that day was that "Black Herefords" still have a ways to go as a breed. I took that to mean in "form", more than function. I think that's something most all could agree with!

George

JHH":1j3fqafv said:

Matt was smart enough and young enough that if he actually DID something (rather than just making stuff up) and stayed the course over time I think he could actually accomplish something. Matt always had potential..........now will he use it is the question.

Latest posts