Would this be dangerous ?

Help Support CattleToday:

At one point I thought learning to use explosives would be interesting. But then I saw a few pictures of guys
that worked with explosive and noticed some of the "powder monkeys" were missing fingers.
I had a neighbor that was reloading all his ammo. He lost a couple fingers and never hesitated before reloading more ammo. It wasn't more than a couple of months later that he blew his other fingers off and this time took about half his hand off.

If fingers were all they were missing, they were fast learners.
My brother was offered a job by Red Adair, putting out oil well wires with explosives. He turned it down.

I would have jumped at doing that job... but in retrospect I know Adair wouldn't have hired me. He didn't want risk takers.

I had a neighbor that was reloading all his ammo. He lost a couple fingers and never hesitated before reloading more ammo. It wasn't more than a couple of months later that he blew his other fingers off and this time took about half his hand off.
Was he using black powder ? I understand it is a bit more tedious to work with.

That tannerite is no joke. We have our big family Christmas on New Years and this last one we were hanging out and all of the sudden it sounded like a bomb went off. Kids were running around screaming, my father in law was running around making sure people were ok 🤣.

I went outside and pondered what happened and couldn't really figure it out. Then I remembered a story my mennonite friend down the road was recently telling me about how when they were at their cousins they blew up some much tannerite the police was out looking for who did it.

The next day I get a text from this friend asking "hey…you guys hear anything last night?" I told him yeah it rattled my entire house and you scared my in laws. 🤣

So yeah him and his brothers were down at their place blowing up tannerite and I don't know much about it but the way he talked they would use a lot at one time. They are 1 mile from our place, I can't imagine what the neighbors next to them thought. 😳

We used it a lot at my old place, for entertainment., and of course considered it good practice as well. My wife is not a great marksman with anything that has much recoil but when we found the low velocity tannerite, she became a big fan of it and I found myself running short of .22long rifle shells. My nieces detonated plenty of it too one afternoon after a Christmas dinner I hosted. (my 2 older sisters weren't AT ALL happy about the after dinner plans I had for everyone. Them two wanted everyone to just sit around and BS again, but I had sent invitations and told everyone to bring their firearms. My youngest son is in the background setting up the clay slinger for him and his son to use the shotguns)

thegirlswithguns3.jpg

Latest posts