Would this be dangerous ?

Help Support CattleToday:

devonian

Reaction score
Having a bit of a farm clear up, the bonfire night clear up wasn't enough so doing another. Would it be dangerous to put this half barrel of old fertiliser (yes the ammonia nitrate kind) on top a bonfire?

Attachments

• IMG_20231111_163645647.jpg
    IMG_20231111_163645647.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 1
I have had small amounts of fertilizer draw dampness and reach a point where it was not spreadable.
I take it to a place set up to dispose of hazardous waste.

I would happily do this but I need to know that it won't decimate half the farm first, some idea of the blast zone radius so I know how close I can film if I can film
I would be afraid to. We don't want you to blow yourself up. Maybe that might be something that should be left to the Myth Busters.

Happens in millions of vehicles every single day. Diesel exhaust fluid is livery similar. Safe enough to go up and down the highway every day should be fine to put on the burn pile before you start it.

It was used in the first World Trade Center bombing, Oklahoma City federal building bomb. It is also used every day in mining. But it is also the same formula that is used in millions of def systems. Ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel.
Has a high ignition temp and produces its own oxygen once ignited that is why it burns hot once ignited and why it is used in def systems. Increases the amount of oxygen present so it allows higher temperatures and a more complete burn of any fuel pollutants in the exhaust.

From the interwebs: It is classified as an oxidizer and will accelerate burning when involved in a fire. Ammonium nitrate itself does not burn, but in contact with other combustible materials it increases fire hazard and supports fire even in the absence of O2.

From the interwebs: It is classified as an oxidizer and will accelerate burning when involved in a fire. Ammonium nitrate itself does not burn, but in contact with other combustible materials it increases fire hazard and supports fire even in the absence of O2.
Depends on what your definition of is is I guess. Use what ever term you want at high temperature a reaction occurs increasing the amount of oxygen available to the fire wich results in a hotter fire, that is far more difficult if not almost impossible to put out.
1699762921026.png

Latest posts