Would like to see pictures of your good bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I see, herefords.US.

I hadn't thought of Remitall, but their cattle were/are similar in type to the Hole cattle.

In fact, the Hereford bull I posted is of Jim Hole decent, but the guys that bought from Jim and produced this bull bought Jim's small end. If you compare your pic to mine, the visual qualities of the bulls are similar in terms of muscularity, but your looks like a 7.5 frame bull, mine was a little under 5 frame, but he weighed about 2400 pounds. He was just over 11 when I took that picture.

Here is a crossbred daughter:
herfheif.jpg

Badlands

Badlands, I think your guess on frame size is about right on my bull. I think he's a little too big. But my plan is to implement a linebreeding program and, doing that, I thought it would be OK to start bigger than where I wanted to end up.

I really admire the muscling in your bull and especially his longevity.

My hope was that Direction might be around here that long, but his size has got him into trouble. Most of the fences here were built for frame 4-5 cattle and he tried to breed one of my neighbor's cows across the fence back in June. He ended up astraddle a 5 wire barbed wire fence and was stuck there for a couple of days before I found him - the peril of being an absentee owner. I managed to get him out, but he's had a really hard time of it since. It appears that he wasn't permanently damaged in the genital area -I've seen him serve a cow since then. But he's had a hard time getting around - getting better at times, then getting worse. The drought here has been doubly hard on him because of that. Right now he's in one of those "worse" times, but I've got him with about 10 cows - and I hope that I can get him collected this winter. After seeing his first daughters come into production, I'd sure like to have the security of having a couple hundred straws of semen. They are exceptional.

George

HPIM0414.JPG
Here is my bull I have put alittle weight on him since the pic. He isn't quite as muscular as I would like,but Ithink he is still maturing. His first calves are do in a few weeks we'll see how they look.

Here you go. The pics are a little dark.

here he is at 2 yo.

upaboveshow2.jpg

And a few at 3 yo.

upaboveandres.gif

head-down300dpi.gif

showring300dpi.gif

A couple of his calves, they were 3 - 4 months old.

bestlady103-3.GIF

christa106-2.gif

Bullseye, impressive animals on that website. As a whole I think the legs are a little fine boned. Look at the forelegs on ODS 5225 Heisman K2 and the hind legs on WC950K. However, I think that the proof is in the paycheck. If they can travel and breed , with good calves I wouldn't be concerned about the legs. I wonder if the Senepols would pass a visual appraisal from the average cattleman. I for one am open to alternatives, but I think a lot of people would see those legs and throw up a red flag. Just some thoughts. Boone

Here are two Dexter bulls from England, to my knowledge, the only two approved for semen import to the US at this time. Do I dare ask for comments?

Brambledel Redberry Prince:
REDBERRY_PRINCE_AI.jpg

Woodmagic Hedgehog III
WMHedgehogIII.jpg

shalom_1.JPG

416_1.JPG

Here are two of our bulls

The one on top is a full brother to the sire of the second one. Make sense? They are both Jan 06

No pictures - just comments! I am impressed with the fact that nearly every bull pictured on this thread is a BEEF! bull! The one exception is all Hair and Horns - but NOT BEEF! Not being negative - just HONEST.

DOC HARRIS

Gale Seddon":1x1ho087 said:
Here are two Dexter bulls from England, to my knowledge, the only two approved for semen import to the US at this time. Do I dare ask for comments?

Brambledel Redberry Prince:
REDBERRY_PRINCE_AI.jpg

Woodmagic Hedgehog III
WMHedgehogIII.jpg
Comment: Redberry Prince - The forward 2/3 is an acceptable Beef Bull. The rear 1/3 is an UNacceptable BEEF bull.

Hedgehog III - Too sloping rump, cow-hocked, sickle-hocked, weak pasterns, cut up flank, too small Frame score. He has a "fairly" good spring of rib and heart girth.

DOC HARRIS

Are you asking me LA4angus.

If you are he is a 2002 son of Millcreek Diversity and SAF Royal Lass 1002 (the dam of SAF 598 Bando 5175).

jscunn":2c9ujiop said:
he is a 2002 son of Millcreek Diversity and SAF Royal Lass 1002 (the dam of SAF 598 Bando 5175).

That's about a poor excuse for a bull there boy! :lol:

Just drop him off in Letohatchee some Tuesday and I'll see if I can find him a good home. ;-)

Have you collected him?

Haven't collected him Mike. Probably should but haven't had enough requests. You will just have to buy his calves :D The one two year old daughter I have seen looks good. Nice tight udder with enough capacity to milk well. She has his rib shape and overall volume. Really excited about his daughters.

I hope you wont see him in Letohatchee anytime soon. He is too big to breed your heifers anyway.

Latest posts