Would like to see pictures of your good bull

Help Support CattleToday:

i've posted these pictures before, but i thought i'd post em again.

SD Horizon 2 1/2 Yrs old in pic
SD_Horizon.jpg

RCR Scorpions Stinger 2 1/2 Yrs old in pic
DSC00130.JPG

Sanddollar Newton ~4Mo in pic. Son of SD Horizon
Acclaim_bull2.jpg

My bad. I thought the tag read 6-21, i see now it is 1-21. I did get a scolding by gueste25 (real age 13) for making the comment in the first place.

Bullseye, are these Senepols? Real beefy bulls, 1st one looks a little thin in the legs. Is this just him or something common to the breed? Boone

Let's see if this works!

My Herd Bull (Direction), soon after I got him in 2003:

Direction1.jpg

My favorite pic of Direction:

Direction2.jpg

Home Raised Bull That I Used On Direction's Heifers Last Year, pictured when he was 7 1/2 months old:

Gold_Achiever_2.jpg

Dun, I thought they might be Longhorn but I've never seen any look that good before. The ones I see around here are rather scrawny. Thanks, I learned something.

I have got to show my husband pictures of ya'lls bulls. Man they sure are nice. We've just got to get a new bull.

Coyote, that bull isn't very deep. I mean if he was alittle deeper he would drag the ground. Geez

Yeah they are S'pol bulls, and a S'pol heifer of mine (after winter). I will be doing ET work with her after she has a calf.

The first set of 2 pictures is of the same bull (WD brand) was winner of Beef 2006 S'pol Comp. I see what you mean about his legs in the photo, I didn't think that when I saw the animal in real life though. I sure did notice his muscling and frame length that doesn't show up as well in the photo angle. I remember the Judges looking for bulls that were good, mobile, animals because these S'pol are going to VERY large properties with great distances to water. So he obviously moved well, and looked good too!

The light coloured S'pol bull in the second set of photos, the sire I just used for AI, I really like the look of him. He should produce some great offspring. At the website below is a photo of the sire (5480 Hercules) of that heifer.

A website with a good set of photos of often used S'pol sires around the world. Click on the small images for larger high quality images. Compare those Boone, see what you think about leg thickness with the breed. Let me know? http://sacramentofarms.com/en/start.htm

Ipswich.jpg

The same bull 3 weeks later...
IpswichY189.jpg

A bull I would like to use (this is a terrible photo, taken from a horrible angle, and just doesn't do him justice, but it's the only one I can find right now)
Cruiser.jpg

Long ways from Canada for a bull like that Herefords.US.

Is there some Jim Hole breeding behind that bull?

Badlands

Badlands":2e5ys5ss said:
Long ways from Canada for a bull like that Herefords.US.

Is there some Jim Hole breeding behind that bull?

Badlands

Thanks for the comments.

He is 50% Canadian breeding, Badlands. He is a Remitall Keynote 20X son out of a Graft-Britton bred Line 1 Cow. He ended up with the "antlers" or I would have never been able to buy him.

I have seen a lot of cattle with Jim Hole breeding at Ochs Bros in Gunnison, Colorado, when they were in business. Great cattle, not so great EPDs.

George

Latest posts