What have you done lately that made you question your intelligence?

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm glad that it's not just me that does stuff like this.
Case in point. I needed to change the oil in my car today (I thought). Went to wal-mart to get oil. Had to text wife from wal-mart to check what oil I had available at home (don't want to add any more goods than I need to to my growing stockpile at home. Looked up oil filter - in the store - for my Camry I bought in May (also looked up proper oil, which is why I texted wife). Figured out I needed to know if I had a 4 cylinder or V-6 as the filter was different. Couldn't remember so I went out to my car to check it (fortunately (but didn't matter as you will see in a sec) I had drove the Camry to Wal-mart (and a couple other errands)) Checked for owners manual.....no manual. Try to lift the hood........the hood is literally stuck and I can't open the hood. What do I do now? Go home. My son gets a screwdriver and gets the hood open. 16 valve engine. Now I know. Also, check the oil.......Well, the oil looks great......I didn't need to change the oil now after all. I'm glad I had other things to do on that trip.

Dad always said if I had a brain, I'd take it out and play with it…I was over 30 years old before I found out my name wasn't "Damn, boy"…
Your dad could be my uncle. My dad reminded me every time I screwed up….."Boy! If I cracked your head open, there'd be one great biggun and a bunch'a little bitty ones fall out!"

My favorite saying is... I'm not stupid, I promise, I'm just slow some times. 😄
That not necessarily a disadvantage. When I was courting my wife, I casually mentioned "I may not be very good, but I'm slow".
She said "I do!", with a smile. 27 years after, she's still swinging my gate.

That not necessarily a disadvantage. When I was courting my wife, I casually mentioned "I may not be very good, but I'm slow".
She said "I do!", with a smile. 27 years after, she's still swinging my gate.
When I was in the oil patch I always told my super "I might be slow, but I do sh!tty work!"

You ought to see me leaving the house to go somehere. Usually, 5-7 trips from my truck to the house, going back to get something I forgot. Especially if the ole lady is home. She is constantly jabbering about stuff, like maybe what do I want for Christmas dinner ( 11 mos away), or something. So, I will get out to the truck, and start putting my things where they go, like my phone in the holder, then I realize I didn't get it. So, I shut the truck off, use my keys to get in, grab my phone, and go back out, get in, and realize I set my keys on the table where my phone was. I reach for my wallet to get a credit card out to jimmy the door open, and discover I don't have it either. So, I look for our hidden key, get back in the house, grab my wallet and head out, leaving the spare key on the table beside my truck keys. So, I use a credit car to get back in, grab both sets of keys, and go BACk out to the truck. So tore up by now, I go to reach for a smoke, and realixe I dont have them. So I get out again, go back in the house, and spend 10 minutes hunting my cigarettes, then remember they are on the table on the deck. So I grab them, get in the truck, and realize I don't have a lighter. Get back out AGAIN, get a lighter off the deck table, get back in my truck, light up, and lay my lighter on the console tray, right beside the lighter I KEEP in my truck! A year or so ago, I started keeping a cap, a coat, a lighter, a gun, and a pair of glasses in each vehicle. Anyhow, finally, I start to back up, and see she has the trash can over-running. So I get out, put the trash bags in back of the truck, ride them around all day, and then bring them back with me! Next morning, the coons and cats have ripped each one open, and scattered trash all over my truck, and the ground beside it. So, I get side tracked again, going back in the house to get some trash bags. Oh, and when I get home at night, I discover I have worn that truck's hat and coat into the house, brought in that truck's lighter, the truck pistol, and the truck glasses! I MAY have killed too many brain cells in my life..I dunno.
It's why I started wearing suspenders. By the time I put my 6" knife, pliers, small channel locks, small crescent wrench, farm keys, truck keys and what was left over from day before such as screws, bits, wire nuts and such, a belt don't stand a chance. By mid morning my pants will just fall down, no matter where your at. I have added xtra belt holes, doesn't matter , they still just fall down. But now with my belt cutting off my circulation and my suspenders tightly applied I can make a day with the pants not falling off. Now making it to the bathroom and de-arming the suspenders, belt, unbutton pants, unzipped, sometimes makes for a close call. You just can't have the best of everything huh?

It's why I started wearing suspenders. By the time I put my 6" knife, pliers, small channel locks, small crescent wrench, farm keys, truck keys and what was left over from day before such as screws, bits, wire nuts and such, a belt don't stand a chance. By mid morning my pants will just fall down, no matter where your at. I have added xtra belt holes, doesn't matter , they still just fall down. But now with my belt cutting off my circulation and my suspenders tightly applied I can make a day with the pants not falling off. Now making it to the bathroom and de-arming the suspenders, belt, unbutton pants, unzipped, sometimes makes for a close call. You just can't have the best of everything huh?
I can relate to that.

Ken

I've got one to tell about my momma.
When I was about 10 years old, we were at a neighbors house for a birthday party.

Mom was helping to prepare the feast which included homemade ice cream. She had to use an extension cord to plug in the ice cream maker. Newer ice cream makers are probably more refined and shut off automatically, and probably ring a bell, but back then you had to be ready to unplug it when the motor stopped.

We all heard the screaming from outside. Everyone ran to find mom holding the unplugged extension cord in her hand and rubbing her tongue with the other.

When the motor stopped, she unplugged the motor pigtail from the extension cord and accidentally dropped the end of the cord into the ice cream. She recalled looking at the really tasty cream that was coating the cord end and without thinking, she sucked it out.

Latest posts