What bothers you?

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S":144qa8yv said:
Bright Raven":144qa8yv said:
Rafter S":144qa8yv said:
But for me it comes close? Are you trying to be insulting, or does it just sound that way? Have I been rude?

The post you directed at me is personal. You made a characterization or judgement of how you believe I value others who inhabit my circle of life. Is that rude? No. Were you partially correct? Yes. Is your intrusion welcome? No.

If you are interested in a discussion, I welcome your earnest exploration into my philosophy on what limits I place on involving myself in other people's lives. If you are going to unilaterally make a characterization of my values, then you have your response.

I'm sorry you feel I was out of line, but your remark about "too bright to be working for tips" hit a nerve. As I said, my daughter has been doing that for a number of years, and is very bright. She works hard and does a good job, and while I don't expect her to do it long term, I certainly wouldn't be ashamed of her if she did. There are much worse ways to make a living, and it beats being on welfare.

And I'm going to leave this right here. I don't believe a Discussion has ever gotten locked because of me, and I don't want to start now.

What like working for the EPA? And working for the EPA in enforcement?

ez14.":1lbi5fht said:
i tipped a girl 150% the other day! it was a 4 year old at a lemonade stand she was about to go on her first vacation and her parents said she had to raise her own spending money! she had been out a few hours and hadn't had a single person stop by
Well done! That little girl will always remember you.

TennesseeTuxedo":6ygbjdlz said:
Honey is misspelled.

You need to change your name...
open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.jpeg

TCRanch":3qf8ufvv said:
ez14.":3qf8ufvv said:
i tipped a girl 150% the other day! it was a 4 year old at a lemonade stand she was about to go on her first vacation and her parents said she had to raise her own spending money! she had been out a few hours and hadn't had a single person stop by

'How' she remembers him is another question, especially how she relates her experience with him in contrast to the rest of society ..

Hopefully she won't think that same level of behavior is to be expected by the majority of society should she elect to enter the food service sector later in life.
I know how things work in that sector, and have come to accept it but honestly, I just don't understand a lot of the aspects or thinking involved in it. Might comment further on it later. (my wife has worked as a waitress earlier in our relationship and made good $$ at it. It was hard work, but work is never supposed to be a walk in the park)

Stanford777":1reemaql said:
wacocowboy":1reemaql said:
Hooters has the best waitresses. I always make sure I leave a good tip there. 50% is a possibility.

I agree with you completely. There's times I've thought with pitiful service I should tip that much, the wife, not as much of a fan. But ya know all those girls are just working their way through school[/quote]

Yep future nurses, doctors, and lawyers. All very bright girls. Usually my wife does the tip cause she use to work in a restaurant and knows there job plus she is better at math, but at Hooters she leaves it to me.

TCRanch":3f58f0gg said:
ez14.":3f58f0gg said:
Yeah I'm not sure who had a bigger smile when I left :)

Well this is a good topic.
1. Someone scratching their nails on jeans or similar materials.
2. People who try to play martyr all the time (turns into an ego)
3. My sister's driving
4. Bad horsemen

I already listed #1.. Here's number 2.
People who get worked up working cattle.. those that have to make a rodeo out of it to make it look like they did something.. I get that sometimes it turns into a rodeo no matter what you try, but I do like to give the cows the option of doing it my way first.

I read this on a bathroom stall, it had what annoyed someone written down under the header; Things that annoy me
1. Graffiti
2.lists
3. Irony

If you live in Texas you'll understand this one...PROPERTY TAXES...that increase every year...year after year after year after year after year after year after year..........

Rain the last few years it has cost me a lot of money.
Racist people
Free loaders that don't work bum off tax payers
Putting a straw in my drink when I am out to eat

People in General!
Aholes in General

Left handed cigarettes
Tequila
Text from X
Bologna
Antilock brakes
Mosquitos
New light bulbs