What bothers you?

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch":2mg2t4az said:
Maybe her daughter is like mine, and is waiting tables to pay the bills while she's getting her education? Mine has been doing it since she was 17. She's scheduled to graduate from TAMU next spring (without student debt), and yes, you better believe I'm proud of her.

I can only wish. She went to college for two years, then dropped out. She can not decide what she wants to be yet, so she felt it was not important to continue until she does.
:bang:
She is at least independent, and does not ask for anything from us (except to help show the cattle when we go). I kinda did the same thing when I was her age (except I got married). Took me 10 years to get my bachelors, and a year longer to get my masters. But I turned out OK, so I pray every night that she will figure things out and get moving on filling her potential. God has a purpose for her... that HAS been laid on my heart!

She'll be fine, comes from good stock.

Sweet BBQ sauce
Chicken and biscuits
Wild horses, wild cattle and wild women, in that order.
Jake brakes
The city
Pay TV
Cheese crumbs from Cheetios
NBA basketball
Safe spaces
Liberals
Sand burs
Chili from a can
Horse traders
6.0 diesels
Gold diggers
The shake hands and hug thing
Women who order desert
Peach cobbler
Short grass
Liars and cheats
English peas
Hay
Designated hitter
Gassers blocking the diesel pump

Fire Sweep Ranch":yu6spefu said:
People who do not tip!
I did not know it until my oldest daughter became a waitress (she has worked for Red Lobster and Chili's).
They do not get an hourly pay like I used to believe.
Which 3rd world country/state do you live in that doesn't abide by minimum wage laws?
Minnesota state law requires minimum wage and the mentioned restaurants pay that plus tips here.

They live on their tips!
Living on what you earn... how novel.
What do they do with their base wage... drugs and alcohol?

15% is standard
Says who? The unskilled workers? Because that is not what the IRS says.
What bothers me?
Workers that take an unskilled job that pays tips and then bxtch about their tips. You want a raise, learn a skill.

Once upon a time I had a job plus tips. I didn't like it much, but tips never determined the effort I made.
What bothered me was the number of coworkers that bxtched about tips and then their stories of retaliation.
Back then the IRS standard was 8% and reporting under 8% was a red flag towards triggering a business audit.
IRS does not release info on current red flags, but it is generally believed IRS current tip standard is 10% -11%

Prices reflect cost of living so 10% of total sales is the same then or now... if she averages 15% of sales even with
the 10% of customers that never will tip, she's got nothing to bxtch about.
But of course everyone's children are above average and so all unskilled should receive above average rates too.

You live in the People's Republic of Minnesota SOB. In the real world servers make far less than minimum wage before tips.

Standard percentages in my neck of the woods is 15-20% and higher if the service is outstanding.

If the servers tips don't equal to minimum wage then the restaurant covers the pay up to minimum. I'm sure that server would be looking for a job also. So all servers here do make more than minimum wage. Even the ones I don't tip.

What bothers me is sugary cornbread , cornbread is supposed to be cornbread ,NOT cake. And it should be well done

TennesseeTuxedo":3u4kkg3n said:
You live in the People's Republic of Minnesota SOB. In the real world servers make far less than minimum wage before tips.

Standard percentages in my neck of the woods is 15-20% and higher if the service is outstanding.

A good server deserves a good tip.
And slower traffic needs to keep right.

I tip 20% minimum on good service. Excellent service can go to 25%. Bad service ,tip could possibly be don't eat yellow snow. I'm not one of those customers who bytch about everything, pretty easy to get along with. If my glass doesn't go dry, and the staff checks on us regularly and the order is right, 20% is what we leave

Cross-7,

You don't like peach cobbler? You ain't right. Get professional help before it's too late. If there's something better than peach cobbler with a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla on top it's probably best if I don't find out about it.

People who wander... Go into fuel station or supply store and people looking at the celling aimlessly walking around I'm just trying to get in, pay and back out and these people just take forever. Drives me crazy!

Bright Raven":3aseiiy4 said:
Fire Sweep Ranch":3aseiiy4 said:
People who do not tip!
I did not know it until my oldest daughter became a waitress (she has worked for Red Lobster and Chili's). They do not get an hourly pay like I used to believe. They live on their tips! That 15% is standard, if they did a good job, make it more!
Great example; two African American women came in for lunch. My daughter tended to their every need, kept the glasses full, and chatted with them on numerous occasions. They spent $75 on the meal, and tipped her $2! So she got paid less than $2 an hour for that service, since they were there for an hour plus!!!! She also had to clean the table when they left (more time and effort) and at Chili's, you wash your dishes. So no dishwasher in the back to wash for you!
She said the worst tippers are Church groups (Sunday is her least favorite day) and African Americans. Just her experience, but seeing her struggle to make her monthly bills and hearing how they are paid made me realize how important it is that you tip your server.
Other things that bother me; unhappy people. Hate people that mope around, negative, and look at life as if the glass is half empty. I am an optimistic person, love life, laugh at the hard times, and pray pray pray!

I wish your daughter would get her education. She is far too bright to be working for tips. Talk about something that bothers me. THAT DOES.

My wife waited tables for 22 years. She's smart, beautiful, a great mother, and the best wife and partner I could ever imagine having. Too bright to be working for tips? What a naïve and insulting thing to say.

Thugs and trash that can be rude, obnoxious and aggressive to a complete stranger in an ordinary daily interaction. Like at a gas station, waiting in line to pay. I usually let it go. When I was a young man I would call you out, tell you like it is. I found it harder to walk away without saying something. I have grown in patience and know there are just too many ignorant people in the world. When it come to the kids and wife, they need to behave.

Farm Fence Solutions":2jwmk9hc said:
Bright Raven":2jwmk9hc said:
Fire Sweep Ranch":2jwmk9hc said:
People who do not tip!
I did not know it until my oldest daughter became a waitress (she has worked for Red Lobster and Chili's). They do not get an hourly pay like I used to believe. They live on their tips! That 15% is standard, if they did a good job, make it more!
Great example; two African American women came in for lunch. My daughter tended to their every need, kept the glasses full, and chatted with them on numerous occasions. They spent $75 on the meal, and tipped her $2! So she got paid less than $2 an hour for that service, since they were there for an hour plus!!!! She also had to clean the table when they left (more time and effort) and at Chili's, you wash your dishes. So no dishwasher in the back to wash for you!
She said the worst tippers are Church groups (Sunday is her least favorite day) and African Americans. Just her experience, but seeing her struggle to make her monthly bills and hearing how they are paid made me realize how important it is that you tip your server.
Other things that bother me; unhappy people. Hate people that mope around, negative, and look at life as if the glass is half empty. I am an optimistic person, love life, laugh at the hard times, and pray pray pray!

I wish your daughter would get her education. She is far too bright to be working for tips. Talk about something that bothers me. THAT DOES.

My wife waited tables for 22 years. She's smart, beautiful, a great mother, and the best wife and partner I could ever imagine having. Too bright to be working for tips? What a naïve and insulting thing to say.

I did not mean it broadly. I made it in specific reference to Fire Sweep's daughter whom I happen to be close to. I stand solidly behind my statement. Further explanation I hold to be private.

i tipped a girl 150% the other day! it was a 4 year old at a lemonade stand she was about to go on her first vacation and her parents said she had to raise her own spending money! she had been out a few hours and hadn't had a single person stop by

Farm Fence Solutions":30zbf2zb said:
Bright Raven":30zbf2zb said:
Fire Sweep Ranch":30zbf2zb said:
People who do not tip!

:clap: :clap:

Latest posts