What bothers you?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":bsqf1mdn said:
Farm Fence Solutions":bsqf1mdn said:
Bright Raven":bsqf1mdn said:
I wish your daughter would get her education. She is far too bright to be working for tips. Talk about something that bothers me. THAT DOES.

My wife waited tables for 22 years. She's smart, beautiful, a great mother, and the best wife and partner I could ever imagine having. Too bright to be working for tips? What a naïve and insulting thing to say.

I did not mean it broadly. I made it in specific reference to Fire Sweep's daughter whom I happen to be close to. I stand solidly behind my statement. Further explanation I hold to be private.

From reading your posts here for the last few years I'm surprised that you're bothered by how another person chooses to live his or her life.

Rafter S":3b0056e6 said:
Bright Raven":3b0056e6 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3b0056e6 said:
My wife waited tables for 22 years. She's smart, beautiful, a great mother, and the best wife and partner I could ever imagine having. Too bright to be working for tips? What a naïve and insulting thing to say.

I did not mean it broadly. I made it in specific reference to Fire Sweep's daughter whom I happen to be close to. I stand solidly behind my statement. Further explanation I hold to be private.

From reading your posts here for the last few years I'm surprised that you're bothered by how another person chooses to live his or her life.

Rafter, you finally got something right. The word is not "bothered" and you didn't get it exactly right but for you it comes close.

#1. Tardiness. Especially truck drivers that can't ever seem to keep an appointment to load/unload. I understand being late on occasion,but call and let me know. #2. Rudeness for no reason. (i.e. a waiter that is swamped with customers) It never does any good. #3. Vulgarity in front of women and kids. Especially if it's my woman and kids. I have almost come to blows over #3. I don't talk trash in front of my wife and kids and refuse to subject them to it from anyone else.

Bright Raven":25j68kbn said:
Rafter S":25j68kbn said:
Bright Raven":25j68kbn said:

Rafter, you finally got something right. The word is not "bothered" and you didn't get it exactly right but for you it comes close.

But for me it comes close? Are you trying to be insulting, or does it just sound that way? Have I been rude?

A low conception rate on AI
Sp_ders (I can't even write it) and skunks (note: I do not mind snakes or rodents)
Racists who swear they're not
Narcissists and people with double standards
people who put party over country
the people who throw garbage over the countryside and down the ravine

Rafter S":3dlcg6zy said:
Bright Raven":3dlcg6zy said:
Rafter S":3dlcg6zy said:

But for me it comes close? Are you trying to be insulting, or does it just sound that way? Have I been rude?

The post you directed at me is personal. You made a characterization or judgement of how you believe I value others who inhabit my circle of life. Is that rude? No. Were you partially correct? Yes. Is your intrusion welcome? No.

If you are interested in a discussion, I welcome your earnest exploration into my philosophy on what limits I place on involving myself in other people's lives. If you are going to unilaterally make a characterization of my values, then you have your response.

Stanford777":3c8m1c95 said:
I tip 20% minimum on good service. Excellent service can go to 25%. Bad service ,tip could possibly be don't eat yellow snow. I'm not one of those customers who bytch about everything, pretty easy to get along with. If my glass doesn't go dry, and the staff checks on us regularly and the order is right, 20% is what we leave

Hooters has the best waitresses. I always make sure I leave a good tip there. 50% is a possibility.

[[/quote]
wacocowboy":31w86yd7 said:
Hooters has the best waitresses. I always make sure I leave a good tip there. 50% is a possibility.

I agree with you completely. There's times I've thought with pitiful service I should tip that much, the wife, not as much of a fan. But ya know all those girls are just working their way through school

I must admit very little bothers me these days as most of the world problems are for the next generation to solve but I don't like hearing of all these terrorism events and unfortunately one religious group is over represented in them.

Ken

1. People who complain about how tough times are financially, but they've got every toy known to man.
2. People who can never be on time.
3. People who are dramatic about everything. They can't even go to the grocery unless there is somebody kind of incident.
4. People who act like they are better than others because of their stuff. This seems to get worse as time goes on.

Bright Raven":2x0vwk5u said:
Rafter S":2x0vwk5u said:
Bright Raven":2x0vwk5u said:

The post you directed at me is personal. You made a characterization or judgement of how you believe I value others who inhabit my circle of life. Is that rude? No. Were you partially correct? Yes. Is your intrusion welcome? No.

If you are interested in a discussion, I welcome your earnest exploration into my philosophy on what limits I place on involving myself in other people's lives. If you are going to unilaterally make a characterization of my values, then you have your response.

I'm sorry you feel I was out of line, but your remark about "too bright to be working for tips" hit a nerve. As I said, my daughter has been doing that for a number of years, and is very bright. She works hard and does a good job, and while I don't expect her to do it long term, I certainly wouldn't be ashamed of her if she did. There are much worse ways to make a living, and it beats being on welfare.

And I'm going to leave this right here. I don't believe a Discussion has ever gotten locked because of me, and I don't want to start now.

Rafter S":10iaxq9z said:
Here's one thing that bothers me, and I'm going to step on some toes, but you asked: Grown people that use "lol". No man or boy should do that, and no female over the age of 13.
LOL..........I always use it because if you don't, your lighthearted comments can be taken the wrong way. I could use this, :lol: which is lol with : but lol is way easier...lol

Rafter S":2b5ddij4 said:
I'm sorry you feel I was out of line, but your remark about "too bright to be working for tips" hit a nerve. As I said, my daughter has been doing that for a number of years, and is very bright. She works hard and does a good job, and while I don't expect her to do it long term, I certainly wouldn't be ashamed of her if she did. There are much worse ways to make a living, and it beats being on welfare.

Thanks for being sorry. You have no need to. I made a statement that was clearly directed at a specific circumstance and a specific person. Its a circumstance of which I have knowledge. I am very close to the Fire Sweep household. I have a relationship with all three of their children. You incorrectly personalized that statement to your daughter. For reference, here is my original post:

I wish your daughter would get her education. She is far too bright to be working for tips. Talk about something that bothers me. THAT DOES.

Raven you might have been talking specifically about a individual person. But you then maybe unintentionally insulted a bunch of people. There is no shame or waste in any work done well. And imo not committing to a specific field of education when your not sure. May actually be quite intelligent. Young people who never get the chance to " live" often end up "living" later in life.

callmefence":c8x2szw9 said:
Raven you might have been talking specifically about a individual person. But you then maybe unintentionally insulted a bunch of people. There is no shame or waste in any work done well. And imo not committing to a specific field of education when your not sure. May actually be quite intelligent. Young people who never get the chance to " live" often end up "living" later in life.

My intent was to express a deep felt conviction about Fire Sweep's daughter (and only their daughter) without violating their privacy.

I understand the need to personalize but users have an obligation to read and think.

TennesseeTuxedo":2unf4j03 said:
Probably would have been best to have expressed your heartfelt thoughts and concerns in a PM.

That has been done in person. Your point is understood.
:deadhorse:

oh-bother.jpg

Government bees.