The Myth of Rural Culture

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef":2l3xqbav said:
were all to dam busy trying to make a living...

Lots of people have plenty of time. In fact people use to work longer to make a living. But there wasn't television, computers, and vehicles were not used like they are now. People at home entertain themselves with TV and computers. And they zoom all over the place in their cars in their free time.

I was thinking along the lines of when I was growing up and that would have to been quite a few years ago. Weed judging contest to see who could recognize the most weeds, plowing contest and livestock judging not showing just judging. Also the get togethers at the school where every one was participating in games and songs. Such as the farmers black dog lay on his back porch and bingo was his name. Also catfish floating down the river and a ****** with hook and line. And the putting the foot in and shaking it all about followed by other parts of the anatomy.

hurleyjd":evnoxgg0 said:
I was thinking along the lines of when I was growing up and that would have to been quite a few years ago. Weed judging contest to see who could recognize the most weeds, plowing contest and livestock judging not showing just judging. Also the get togethers at the school where every one was participating in games and songs. Such as the farmers black dog lay on his back porch and bingo was his name. Also catfish floating down the river and a be nice with hook and line. And the putting the foot in and shaking it all about followed by other parts of the anatomy.

I bet you were one of those hated "Bank Walkers". :lol: :lol:

dieselbeef":2uweepl0 said:
wow..thats older than me....
That was in the mid-fifties. The schools were segregated. The 4-H clubs were segregated. There was a colored county agent just for the colored folks in the county. In the basement of the court house was the water fountains for the whites and one for the colored also the same for the rest rooms. You called them colored to be polite when they were around other wise the name rhymed with chigger. Also the name of the catfish fisherman. We have come a long way in my lifetime on getting along with our fellow man but still have a long way to go.

ive tried never to judge by color..either yer a pos or your not....I try to teach my son the same but him being 10 they teach kids everything is acceptable today..no matter what it is or what ya wanna do....unless some bigmouth disagrees

4H and FFA still going strong here. The city is kicking in for a new 4H/FFA ag center. High school still has shop with tractor/equipment repair and fabrication.

hurleyjd":s0ewh4tf said:
dieselbeef":s0ewh4tf said:
That was in the mid-fifties. The schools were segregated. The 4-H clubs were segregated. There was a colored county agent just for the colored folks in the county. In the basement of the court house was the water fountains for the whites and one for the colored also the same for the rest rooms. You called them colored to be polite when they were around other wise the name rhymed with chigger. Also the name of the catfish fisherman. We have come a long way in my lifetime on getting along with our fellow man but still have a long way to go.

Horse shyt it is much worse today it is just hidden in PC culture. The hatred is underground versus being in the open.

Caustic Burno":3vs5dcny said:
hurleyjd":3vs5dcny said:
dieselbeef":3vs5dcny said:

Horse shyt it is much worse today it is just hidden in PC culture. The hatred is underground versus being in the open.

I understand your point, CB, but I respectfully disagree, sir. The hatred is out in the open. The liberals who disagree with me are free to openly hate me, but if I point out the inconsistencies in their ideologies, regardless of topic, I am shouted down as a hater, a demonic throw-back to a non-tolerant time. Hatred and lack of tolerance in general are MUCH MORE OUT IN THE OPEN AND IN THE MAINSTREAM THAN EVER BEFORE ... it is just on the other end of the pendulum now, and they feel it is justified.

Caustic Burno":ej2wjhkw said:

It's not underground, it's just aimed the other way now. You have screaming feminists, Black Lives Matter, PRIDE marches with people in thongs, the Antifa (antifascists, look them up if you're not aware), safe spaces, micro aggressions, a woman carrying a mattress around considered art to represent her alleged sexual assault (which the university just settled with the young man she's going after), I could go on and on. The point is, my generation, and the subsequent generations are going to pay dearly for the sins of our fathers and grandfathers. I worry for my son. He's going to have a tough row to hoe b/c he's a white male. It's not his fault any more than it's another kid's fault they're parents are from Mexico, but he's going to pay that's for sure.

Bestoutwest":1f1s4xml said:
Caustic Burno":1f1s4xml said:

It's not underground, it's just aimed the other way now. You have screaming feminists, Black Lives Matter, PRIDE marches with people in thongs, the Antifa (antifascists, look them up if you're not aware), safe spaces, micro aggressions, a woman carrying a mattress around considered art to represent her alleged sexual assault (which the university just settled with the young man she's going after), I could go on and on. The point is, my generation, and the subsequent generations are going to pay dearly for the sins of our fathers and grandfathers. I worry for my son. He's going to have a tough row to hoe b/c he's a white male. It's not his fault any more than it's another kid's fault they're parents are from Mexico, but he's going to pay that's for sure.
Your Son will be okay. All he has to do is marry a Mexican like our Governor Abbott and Florida ex Governor Jeb Bush.

hurleyjd":2ja64yoy said:
Bestoutwest":2ja64yoy said:
Caustic Burno":2ja64yoy said:

Your Son will be okay. All he has to do is marry a Mexican like our Governor Abbott and Florida ex Governor Jeb Bush.
And both United States citizens and great ladies from all I can learn about them.

TexasBred":5zdl6hrq said:
hurleyjd":5zdl6hrq said:
Bestoutwest":5zdl6hrq said:
And both United States citizens and great ladies from all I can learn about them.

I love it when some pinko commie leftist lets his true colors show through.

hurleyjd":3trp386c said:
Bestoutwest":3trp386c said:
Caustic Burno":3trp386c said:

Those Mexicans were Texans before your bunch swam a river.
Sabine or Red ?

CowboyBlue":v4vu2h6a said:
Caustic Burno":v4vu2h6a said:
hurleyjd":v4vu2h6a said:

I understand your point, CB, but I respectfully disagree, sir. The hatred is out in the open. The liberals who disagree with me are free to openly hate me, but if I point out the inconsistencies in their ideologies, regardless of topic, I am shouted down as a hater, a demonic throw-back to a non-tolerant time. Hatred and lack of tolerance in general are MUCH MORE OUT IN THE OPEN AND IN THE MAINSTREAM THAN EVER BEFORE ... it is just on the other end of the pendulum now, and they feel it is justified.
I totally agree, thats why Trump got elected. People in middle America are tired of this PC stuff being shoved down their throat. Not like he is going to change it but it gave people hope in a guy who said what he felt.... like his debate answer about Rosie O'Donnell..... LOL

Latest posts