The Farm Truck Thread!

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm":1ss28v0k said:
And to think, I thought it was something raking hay with the mule.
mule-rake.jpg

M5 if you wanted us to believe, you should have put the foot up on the trailer. :lol:

Love the old truck Dun! I also have a matching Mule to yours. Very handy!

branguscowgirl":wkjq5xf1 said:
M5 if you wanted us to believe, you should have put the foot up on the trailer. :lol:

I knew yall were to smart to believe I use my jeep with a goose neck. I was snapping a pic and the trailer was in the pic so I moved the jeep under it. LOL

M5farm":djohw6w7 said:
branguscowgirl":djohw6w7 said:

I knew yall were to smart to believe I use my jeep with a goose neck. I was snapping a pic and the trailer was in the pic so I moved the jeep under it. LOL

Old school Photo Shop, I like it!

Here is the mighty Mahindra, she looks a bit rougher than that now and the dogs have graduated into the front with their graveyard of bones, a bit embaressing when I give someone a lift.
I have only had it for 2 years Nesi but so far seems very reliable and tough.

Ken

wbvs58":242hlgjg said:
Here is the mighty Mahindra, she looks a bit rougher than that now and the dogs have graduated into the front with their graveyard of bones, a bit embaressing when I give someone a lift.

Ken
That would be handy on the farm. Why do all trucks in Oz have snorkels on them?

highgrit":1gmeuy87 said:
Yes it is Sky, it's a old farm dump truck. Just one more thing to buy batteries for.

HG I gotta tell you I have hauled many a log on those with log racks as well as many a grain loads on them. I do not have one now I want one and have been looking for a nice one with a grain body. Good solid truck there those are the only chevy trucks I really love. We had one with glass packs on it and I loved letting off the gas letting the load push it down hills and hearing it pop and crackle ... oh the memories

wbvs58":2t8z0vpe said:

Ken

Those are nice I saw a Mitsubishi I think it was like that at an auction that the only reason I didn't buy it was it was a 2 wheel drive. I would love to have one of those... HEAT AC..

skyhightree1":b74tcakc said:
highgrit":b74tcakc said:
Yes it is Sky, it's a old farm dump truck. Just one more thing to buy batteries for.

HG I gotta tell you I have hauled many a log on those with log racks as well as many a grain loads on them. I do not have one now I want one and have been looking for a nice one with a grain body. Good solid truck there those are the only chevy trucks I really love. We had one with glass packs on it and I loved letting off the gas letting the load push it down hills and hearing it pop and crackle ... oh the memories

The first "big truck" I ever drove was a 79. F800 with a 429 with glass packs welded onto the exhaust manifold. I always hauled 10 tons of rock on it and I loved the sound of that truck bellering on a 8% grade. It was not very fast but god it sounded good.

I bought a 91 f800 with a 429 in it. It came with glass packs and I took them off after hauling rock with it the first day. It is 70 miles round trip and I had a headache after the second load. After the fourth load my ears felt like they would bleed. A truck that loud was fun when I was a teenager, but age has changed that for me. :cry:

jedstivers":cvtbl883 said:
wbvs58":cvtbl883 said:

Ken
That would be handy on the farm. Why do all trucks in Oz have snorkels on them?
Mine had the snorkel on it when I bought it new. It was set up as a mine specification vehicle and they put one on.
A lot of people set up their 4WD's for recreation and do some extreme off road work with water crossings and stuff. A lot of property vehicles like Toyota Landcruisers have snorkels to get the air intake up high away from heavy clouds of bulldust as opposed to the front wheel arch. Also even in dry areas you still get flooding in the wet season and often need to do some water crossings.
Admittedly there are also some that are added as a fashion accessory.
Ken

Does anyone have any opinions on the new Ford Powerstroke? I know it is way cheaper to keep the ol truck yet I am tired of the headaches and stress that comes with it.

GACowboy":wqvq7qne said:
Does anyone have any opinions on the new Ford Powerstroke? I know it is way cheaper to keep the ol truck yet I am tired of the headaches and stress that comes with it.

I've never owned a 6.7 PS, but I continue to read where it has turbo issues and has been since it came out in '11. Not to mention Ford has a terrible reputation for not holding there end of the warranty and trying to screw the customer. If I wanted a new truck and didn't pull heavy loads (over 15k) it would be the 6.4 hemi in a ram 2500 with 4.10 gears. You find those new for around 33k, new diesel would run you 45k up to 60k.

I am looking at a new diesel due to hauling alot. I love the cummins I have 2 but the the last one I bought was a lemon. Looking for a new one.

Latest posts