Ford truck update? What is it?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
On the 2019 F-150I bought last fall, I often get this popup on the information (radio) display. Exactly what might they be wanting to update?
Looks almost exactly like this:

Ford update.jpg
and...
The truck does not have navigation as far as I can tell. I'd kinda like to have it...How can I get nav installed?

On the 2019 F-150I bought last fall, I often get this popup on the information (radio) display. Exactly what might they be wanting to update?

View attachment 43731
and...
The truck does not have navigation as far as I can tell. I'd kinda like to have it...How can I get nav installed?
I think you are better off to use your smart phone (if you have one) for your nav. When you pair your phone to the truck you will have Apple CarPlay or Andoid Auto available on your screen which means you can use Google Maps for navigating. Unless they've changed things (and they likely have) the in vehicle nav doesn't keep current with changes to maps. I much prefer powering the nav on my truck's dash with my phone's brain.

View attachment 43731
and...
I did a quick google search to see if anyone else was having these issues and i found a forum about the same year make and model. Apparently, ford did a sync 2 model for their radios and you'll get this message if its out of date. some people said they updated and the problem went away, some said it didn't and some said they just turned off auto update and the pop up went away. i'll post the link below so you can take a look, not 100% sure this is your problem, but seems similar

M Magi's is correct. Newer autos need to update the software from time to time that's all it is

Latest posts