Ford 5610

Help Support CattleToday:

BFE

Reaction score
My old 706 Farmall has finally laid down on me, and is going to require some major surgery to be useful again. It's time for something a little handier to Mount/dismount, better hydraulics, etc.

Found a 5610 ford FWA with a loader. Price is right and it's an hour from home. Anyone with any experience on these? I like the simplicity of the older machines, it's not rocket science setting out bales and mowing fence rows.

My cousin has a 2120 I like to operate, but it's a little small for my taste. Are they somewhat comparable in ease of operation, if anyone knows?

I fell in love with a Deere 2630 last week at a friends loading hay, but there's none for sale within 6 hours of home. Very nice to run, and simple too.

That should fit your bill nicely. Simple and easy on fuel, they are tough as nails. The ROW maintenance guys cried when they quit making the 6610.

Edit to add the only downside I can think of is the on and off. If it is an open tractor they have a pretty good hump in the middle and 2 sticks. Just watch if you got big feet and long legs like me.

We have a 1993 5610 2wd w loader. Other than a power steering issue, it's been solid. Only has 600 hours IIRC. It gets used to make and load hay. Seems very reliable and I like the weight for its hp. Very sure footed.

I use an old 3910 Ford from 1989 to put out hay and pull a 6 foot bush hog. The previous owner had abused and neglected it terribly but I got caught without a running tractor several years ago and bought it because it was available and cheap, to put out hay that winter.
It is very dependable and fairly easy to get worked on.

That should fit your bill nicely. Simple and easy on fuel, they are tough as nails. The ROW maintenance guys cried when they quit making the 6610.

Edit to add the only downside I can think of is the on and off. If it is an open tractor they have a pretty good hump in the middle and 2 sticks. Just watch if you got big feet and long legs like me.
6'2" and 13ee feet. Can't be worse than the squeeze between the fender and steering wheel on the farmall.

I've had a lot of hours sitting on ford tractors. If it's been maintained that tractor would be high up on my list to buy. Nothing complicated and they are built right

We have a 4600 and a 6600 ford... Both are very reliable, easy to operate and work on... I rake 99% of the hay with the 4600.... 6600 has a front end loader... both are 2wd... I'd take it in a heartbeat....

My Amish neighbor has a 5610 and I have seen him chop silage and run a bush hog pretty hard with it and it is still going. As said if in good condition they are pretty reliable simple older non-EPA tractors.