The Farm Truck Thread!

Help Support CattleToday:

Calhoun Farm":t6l8oor4 said:
You use a chain bailer sky? Those bails are loose like mine are.

No its a belt jd baler but twine they are so tore up cause when i move them out the field and spike them i run into them going pretty good and pick up and it drags them some and when I was placing them i push them across the ground. Its an old baler that doesn't truly tie just wraps so that doesnt help.

Bales before I abuse them :lol2:

ResizedImage_1401840882361_zps61175a03.jpg

I have two.A 1988 C30 6X4 with 12" flat bed and 350 TBI w/53000 and my "new" truck a Ford F250 4X4 with 7.3 auto and 238,000. Both have fully custom character marks courtesy of the cows.

Have an 87 F250 with a 6.9 IDI diesel with a turbo added and a 5 speed. Gets used and abused all the time on the farm. The only time it gets driven is with a trailer hooked to it or a bed full of something.
wood.jpg

100_0889.jpg

Denvermartin, that's a pretty rare truck,.. Identical to mine, just a good dozen years newer... I only noticed it after I bought it that single cab dually dodges are really rare... I beat the tarnation out of my box in a hurry, so I put a flatdeck on mine and don't regret it, especially parallel parking in front of a small car!...

Just did a paint job on mine, new performance 5.9L 12valve engine, 5 speed, all sorts of goodies... I'll dig up a picture soon.

Mine is a bit of a contrast to the rest of you blokes. I can't really compete with that sort of hoersepower. Mine is a Mahindra 2.2l turbo diesel dual cab pick up. It is a very good work horse, very economical, very good over some rough terrain and has a very usefull low range. One thing I really like about it is the position of the seat, when getting in and out to open gates it is very easy as the seat seems to be at just the right height to just rotate and slide in and out very effortlessly, a bit like getting in and out of a side by side. And what more, all my curry eating friends wave to me now that I drive around in an Indian made vehicle.
I'll get a photo tomorrow.
Ken

The Model A is my daily driver, my farm "truck" that I use on the farm for chores/fencing/checking cows/pulling a trailer/etc. is a Kawasaki mule

Dogs and Cows":3b1j4ihq said:
dun":3b1j4ihq said:
The Model A is my daily driver, my farm "truck" that I use on the farm for chores/fencing/checking cows/pulling a trailer/etc. is a Kawasaki mule

Dun...did you do the restoration on the Model A? It is beautiful!

Tim
Nope, the restoration was done in 1989 and it's starting to show signs of it being so old a restoration.

Dun, that is a very nice truck :).. our neighbor has a 1928 ford V8 pickup, needs restoration, but would be a beaut when finished too.

wbvs58, I'd love to see yours... around here mahindra tractors have a reputation of not being reliable, how is the truck in that sense?

My workhorse around here is my bike... an 1983 honda XR500 that I tow trailers and skid logs with... no kiddin!

Nesikep":1ehnb7mt said:
Dun, that is a very nice truck :).. our neighbor has a 1928 ford V8 pickup, needs restoration, but would be a beaut when finished too.

wbvs58, I'd love to see yours... around here mahindra tractors have a reputation of not being reliable, how is the truck in that sense?

My workhorse around here is my bike... an 1983 honda XR500 that I tow trailers and skid logs with... no kiddin!

Didn't you post a video one time of you on that bike pulling a trailer or some such?

Latest posts