The Farm Truck Thread!

Help Support CattleToday:

You guys keep posting pictures of fluffy round bales on your trailers... :hide:
How's this? Trailer pictures is meant for being towed behind a dumptruck, it weighs 3 ton for sure.

I have a couple other pictures with a D3 dozer (~8 ton) or 50 8x8x20' fir bridge timbers on the same trailer, internet is so danged slow I can't find them on PB though

jd21.jpg

better?

Nesikep":29g7v5n7 said:
You guys keep posting pictures of fluffy round bales on your trailers... :hide:
How's this? Trailer pictures is meant for being towed behind a dumptruck, it weighs 3 ton for sure.

I have a couple other pictures with a D3 dozer (~8 ton) or 50 8x8x20' fir bridge timbers on the same trailer, internet is so danged slow I can't find them on PB though

That ford dump weighs quite a bit more than 3 ton. I have a 1991 f-800 that looks
Just like that one and the tare weight on it is 7 ton. It has a 16 foot flatbed dump on it.

Well its not hay but the boat weights 10 ton and the trailer is better than 5k. And I average just less than 10mpg. Towing it at 64mph. on a 620 mile run.

It's a little better.

Hillbilly beef man, Oh I sure know that thing weights more than 3 ton... 3 ton is the trailer weight empty (it's a 30,000 lb trailer with a 12" frame). My truck alone is 3300kg (7000 lb), so I figure that 5 ton on there is darned close to double, the 1000 gallon water tank is 1/4" plate and I'm sure weight a stone or two.

Scarey is when you've got a D3 on it, and you're going up a 11% grade on washboard gravel, no trailer brakes (that got fixed for the return trip). I put it in 1st gear, 4 low and pretty much just idled it up. I just know that either losing traction or bouncing a wheel would snap a driveshaft or axle in a quick hurry.

Dieselbeef.. Now when you get a real tractor on there it'll make a good picture ;)

Latest posts