Asking for a friend…….

Help Support CattleToday:

My immediate answer would be no Dave however if you google prostaglandins and inflammation they are responsible for producing inflammation and initiating the response for healing so you never know if somehow it initiated some inflammation in the nuts and resulted in some temporary infertility but I have never heard of this happening but then I haven't heard of anyone injecting a bull except your friend. Let us know how your friend gets on.

Ken

My immediate answer would be no Dave however if you google prostaglandins and inflammation they are responsible for producing inflammation and initiating the response for healing so you never know if somehow it initiated some inflammation in the nuts and resulted in some temporary infertility but I have never heard of this happening but then I haven't heard of anyone injecting a bull except your friend. Let us know how your friend gets on.

Ken
He may or may not go through the trouble.
His thoughts were tying it to a tree until the next sale and taking it in for the neighbor. Apparently a reoccurring incident. Thanks Ken

Asked about Lute on a steer a while back and Buck said no.

If I'm reading between the lines correctly -- my home state makes it lawful to castrate a bull running at large: https://sdlegislature.gov/Statutes/40-28
I like your state!

It has been many years since we had a neighbor that did nothing with his cattle but gather and sell in the fall. We cut lots of scrub yearling bulls on the range. He actually thanked us for the job.

I was pretty sure that no significant effects would be associated with a shot of Lutalyse or Estrumate (synthetic analogs of Prostaglandin F2-alpha) to a bull, but I was wrong... I found this:
"Administration of PGF2α (2.5 mg) before semen collection has been shown to increase semen volume and total sperm number."

I was pretty sure that no significant effects would be associated with a shot of Lutalyse or Estrumate (synthetic analogs of Prostaglandin F2-alpha) to a bull, but I was wrong... I found this:
"Administration of PGF2α (2.5 mg) before semen collection has been shown to increase semen volume and total sperm number."
Super Sperm!

Latest posts